Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sh0tsf1red

Thread: Keeping gains from a testosterone cycle?

BradTHEman1865 is offline New Member

Keeping gains from a testosterone cycle?

Hey guys, I have a question which has probably been asked multiple times and I also know that no one can really tell how much gains you keep, but my question is, can you keep a good amount of gains? Obviously the water will be lost, And a little muscle will be lost and a little fat gained, but with correct diet and training is it possible to keep a noticeable amount of gains?
    I guess my question also is, if I done a test cycle, after pct and the months coming afterwards, would I go back to how I was before cycle? Or can they be kept for life while training and eating right? T

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It depends on many factors. How well your body's HPTA restarts is probably the biggest factor. Your natural test levels after restart. How well you continue to eat, train, rest after your cycle. Do you slack off or keep the intensity high with your training. I'd say if you did everything right you could keep maybe 75% of what you gained. That estimate may be a little high but I think it could be done if all goes well. I think for the average guy it's probably less than 25%.

BradTHEman1865 is offline New Member
    They keep less than 25%? I'm too hungry for it to slack off at any point lol, I suppose what I do lack maybe is rest, as I only get 6 hours sleep a night with work and training

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think for alot of guys it's something they want to try and when they see the gains it's all cool but then reality sets in with pct, if they even do one, and they just slack off and lose most if not all their gains. You can tell a lot by one's work ethic in the gym aas or not if they're going to be serious or not long term.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BradTHEman1865 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question which has probably been asked multiple times and I also know that no one can really tell how much gains you keep, but my question is, can you keep a good amount of gains? Obviously the water will be lost, And a little muscle will be lost and a little fat gained, but with correct diet and training is it possible to keep a noticeable amount of gains?
    I guess my question also is, if I done a test cycle, after pct and the months coming afterwards, would I go back to how I was before cycle? Or can they be kept for life while training and eating right? T
    I think testosterone should only be used if A. You need trt and B. If you want to compete in bodybuilding and reach a serious level. If non of apply I don't think it's necessary..

Quote Originally Posted by BradTHEman1865 View Post
    What I've seen is that it takes a long time for normal guys to gain 20 lbs of pure muscle. I gained almost 35lbs on my first cycle and then I lost 30lbs after PCT. My body just couldn't naturally sustain such weight gain. I've been cycling for many years and my body is very comfortable at 200lbs. I normally walk around at 5'11", 200lbs, 12% bf. For your body to maintain an additional 20lbs of muscle over it's "normal" weight you need time for your body to get used to the additional weight. This means you need to do maintenance during off cycle. Lots of clean food, training, and rest.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    If you keep busting your ass and eating right like you're on cycle you'll be fine, at least that was my experience
    Mr. Small likes this.

eslim is offline New Member
    Eat the part, train hard and you will keep most gains. This obviously has exceptions. The bigger you get, the more juice you need to sustain those gains.

Thread Information