Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: coming to the end of a long cycle, hcg dosage before pct?

jaw1234 is offline New Member

coming to the end of a long cycle, hcg dosage before pct?

i am 26 years old
    I am coming to the end of a long cycle, close to a year
    i have been running test e 250 2x a week so a total of 500 a week through out
    i have not been running hcg
    my question is should i run it before my pct and if so at what dosage?
    i've been reading about the power pct and it involves clomid nolva and hcg but most of the reading ive done speaks to the benfits of using hcg on cycle
    as i have ran a long cycle and havent used hcg is it still effective to run it this late and if so at what dosage?
    depending on where you look and what you read people recommend from 250, 500, or 1000 ius a week all the way up to 5000 ius a week
    my worry is that 1000 ius a week wont be enough since ive been on for so long
    is this accurate?
    if so should i be blasting myself with 5000 ius a week to get myself restarted or is that too much and can cause permanent damage or am i just shit out of luck in regards to hcg since i did not run it through out my cycle and no amount will have any effect
    maybe less then 5000 ius a week but more then 1000?
    what do you guys think
    also when running a cycle at this length is there any validity to tapering off of test instead of just going cold turkey and waiting for pct or should i just sack up and stop and then wait my 2 weeks then start clomid and nolva
    thanks a lot guys for any help, i really appreciate it

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I only know HCG is repressive to LH and FSH.

Run 250iu twice a week for at least a few weeks to a month before you start your PCT. If you've been on a cycle for a year, there's no need to taper. You're already shut down. Run HCG for a few weeks and then rest for a 14 days before you run PCT. Clomid 100mg/ed + Nolvadex 40mg/ed for a week then Clomid 50mg/ed + Nolvadex 20mg/ed for 3 more weeks. Honestly, I'm not sure if you'll recover 100%. It may take you a while to get back to normal Test production.
    songdog likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

canadian77 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaw1234 View Post
    also when running a cycle at this length is there any validity to tapering off of test instead of just going cold turkey and waiting for pct or should i just sack up and stop and then wait my 2 weeks then start clomid and nolva
    With test enanthate , you will be tapering off as the drug clears your system. It doesn't just go from full blood levels to GONE, it slowly leaves over a period of weeks. I think enanthate is still in your blood for up to 4-5 weeks after the last pin if you've been on it long enough to build up blood levels.

The last time I did a year long cycle I was freaked out about coming off, so I did one dose of 100mg of GnRH followed by 1000iu of HCG per week for 5 weeks and 10 weeks of Clomid/Nolva.

Yes, probably overkill but when you are on for a year and trying to come off, you might need to stay on PCT for a long time. I ended up recovering just fine, not sure if it was the GnRH, the HCG, the Clomid/Nolva or a combination of them but I eventually was back to normal ranges. Just don't expect a simple 4 week PCT going to bring you back to normal.

What you did to your body is serious and you are going to need to monitor your blood levels probably every 4 weeks to make sure your levels are returning to normal. I think I ended up doing a second PCT around 6 months later because my test starting going down and e2 started going up. It was an estrogen feedback loop, so I fixed it with Clomid and Nolva and never had an issue since.

Good luck and keep us updated. But remember, the only way you will know if you recovered is BLOOD WORK.

Thread Information