Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Marcus G
  • 1 Post By tempest818
  • 1 Post By PT1982

Thread: How do you plan a cycle?

foxtr0t is offline New Member

How do you plan a cycle?

Hi all,

I am 24 years old, 5'11", 195 lbs, approx 15% BF. I've been training for 6ish years. Lately, I've been hitting it hard 6x a week. Nutrition-wise, I follow a IIFYM-esque diet and eat at a 15% calorie deficit from my TDEE (maintenance cals) in an attempt to lean out. Using this diet for about 6 months now has shown significant results in terms of fat loss and overall muscle definition.

I've been lurking these forums since high school and figured that when I'm of reasonable age, I'd be ready to run a cycle. I want to lean out as much as possible, increase definition and vascularity. The problem is that I'm a noob. I talked to a friend who has ran cycles before and described my goals to him and he recommended that I run Anavar + Test, claiming that var is a pretty mild cycle for beginners. I've had blood work done and all of my levels are within the normal range.

I read all of the stickied READ ME BEFORE POSTING threads and still don't have a clue where to begin. Let's say I run var+test, what is the daily dosages of each? How many weeks should I run them? I've heard anywhere from 8 to 16 weeks. At which week do I start my PCT? What should I run for PCT besides clomid? Is HCG used in PCT or is it used during the cycle? Is PRE cycle therapy even a thing? I've read mixed reviews on that. How do you know which test to run? Propionate , Enanthate , or Cypionate ? Money is not an issue. I will pay whatever it costs to run the safest, most efficient cycle I can, including PCT.

I too have rolled my eyes reading newbie posts in the past but then realized that some day it would be me behind the keyboard searching for answers. If someone can take me under their wing, I would be forever grateful!!
    Last edited by foxtr0t; 05-09-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Last edited by Marcus G; 05-09-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    songdog and PT1982 like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I think you missed something if you are asking that bro.1st cycle is test only!

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    This is how you plan buddy. Research, research, and research some more. You want to be 100% certain of what you're doing before you start and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the quick replies gentleman. I had a feeling that I'd get a reply or two saying to read the "My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle" thread. I've read it front and back multiple times, where do I go next if I still don't know what I'm doing?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I plan a cycle over the course of several weeks sacrifice to Odin. I must pray and fast for many weeks and then I cut myself and spill my blood on the world tree. After I am deemed worthy and once the jackal has found my heart lighter than a feather, my cycle is bestowed upon me in skin writings...

That or I just follow the first cycle link posted above.

Sorry, just got done watching american gods on starz.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Doing same thing as you. What exactly don't you understand? The dosage? 500mg test a week, and for a first cycle that's all.
    PT1982 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtr0t View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies gentleman. I had a feeling that I'd get a reply or two saying to read the "My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle" thread. I've read it front and back multiple times, where do I go next if I still don't know what I'm doing?
    What don't you understand in that thread? Every step is laid out in a platter. What are you missing?

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    What don't you understand in that thread? Every step is laid out in a platter. What are you missing?
    After completing your first test only cycle and waiting the adequate amount of time to cycle again, how do you know which steroid to take and at what dosages? How many test only cycles should you do before adding in a steroid? The thread seems geared towards people who want to cycle on and off forever, what if you just want to run 1 or 2 cycles and attempt to retain your gains naturally from there?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest818 View Post
    Doing same thing as you. What exactly don't you understand? The dosage? 500mg test a week, and for a first cycle that's all.
    Exactly.

500 mg test e for 12 weeks
    Hcg and ai on cycle.

If ur serious, do bloodtest at week 5 to finetune your aidose and determind. quality og gear. 500 mg test e dhould give u a 2800 ng/dl if its pharmgrade.

Clomid and nolva pct 4 weeks 2 weeks after last shot.

After completing your first test only cycle and waiting the adequate amount of time to cycle again, how do you know which steroid to take and at what dosages? How many test only cycles should you do before adding in a steroid? The thread seems geared towards people who want to cycle on and off forever, what if you just want to run 1 or 2 cycles and attempt to retain your gains naturally from there?
    Ok, I see what you're getting at now. Here's how cycling works, in terms of differing compounds. So let's say you did your vey first cycle of testosterone only. You had great results and we're very pleased with the end results. Now it's time to start planning your next one. Ask yourself this....

*Did I like the first cycle?
    *Was i happy with the results?
    *What more can I expect from another cycle?

Questions 1 and 2 are going to be a resounding "YES". The 3rd answer will be "more of the same" (odds are).

So since cycle one was good and you got great results, as an experienced person I would have to ask "why would you change what ain't broken"? A wise person would stick to what works, until it no longer works. You are taking like you're not going to be doing this for the long term, and that's perfectly fine. But why add more powerful, more suppressive, and harder to recover from compounds for slightly, if any, greater results? It doesn't make sense when put into that perspective, does it?

Now, if you see yourself possibly doing this for the long haul, then of course you're going to want to dabble in other things. Not that you'd need to, but it's an evolution that happens. You'll be hard pressed to find a better cycle than a test only cycle, as you can bulk, cut, or recomp just the same. You just have to alter your training and dial in your diet to your specific goals.

For most of us that are on hormone replacement, we do have more liberty to tinker because we rely on testosterone supplementation since our bodies require it and the risk is much less than someone with a healthy HPTA. And for us that plan to do this long term, we dabble and test out other compounds just because we are aware of the risks, but choose to weigh out the pros and cons. We evolve into using other steroids to help us achieve a certain goal, not just adding mass per se, but other goals.

So to conclude all that I've said, don't fix what isn't broken and what you know works. That's with almost everything in life. There is no need to challenge the risk to reward ratio of you plan to recover and live a happy and healthy life outside of the gym. Some of these compounds have much more risk than reward, and it's just not worth risking for the sake of risking if you don't plan on doing many more blasts. I hope that helped and wasn't too long for you. Let me know!
    Last edited by PT1982; 05-09-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Thanks so much man. I understand how it works a little better. Will running a 12 week T only cycle (with PCT) cause my body to stop producing T and force me to be on TRT for the rest of my life? I keep reading online that once you inject test, your body will never produce it at the same levels again?

Thanks so much man. I understand how it works a little better. Will running a 12 week T only cycle (with PCT) cause my body to stop producing T and force me to be on TRT for the rest of my life? I keep reading online that once you inject test, your body will never produce it at the same levels again?
    This is a risk you have to consider before you start. It is imperative to get pre cycle bloodwork and post cycle bloodwork. 12 weeks of test will certainly shut you down, but rebound is individual to each person's body. Some bounce back, so do not. That's not an answer any of us can give you. I can say that if you don't cycle, you won't have that risk. That's the only certainty I can give you regarding the question.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    This is a risk you have to consider before you start. It is imperative to get pre cycle bloodwork and post cycle bloodwork. 12 weeks of test will certainly shut you down, but rebound is individual to each person's body. Some bounce back, so do not. That's not an answer any of us can give you. I can say that if you don't cycle, you won't have that risk. That's the only certainty I can give you regarding the question.
    Thank you for your sound advice. I feel better informed. I will continue to do research for some months until I absolutely know what I'm doing.

Thread Information