• 2 Post By PistolPete33
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By PistolPete33
  • 2 Post By charger69

Thread: Interested in using Steroids

iPromise is offline New Member

Interested in using Steroids

Hey Brothers,

I was interested in using steroids to enhance my overall physique. I wanted to get your input on whether or not its a good idea. I'm approximately 5'6" and my weight is 148 lbs. My body fat is probably 10%. I can see the top 4 abs, but the bottom 4 are covered by a layer of fat. I've been working out since high school, but I never really understood the significance of nutrition until about a year ago.

Gym specs:

Flat Bench Press (for 10 reps): 225
    Incline Bench Press (for 10 reps): 165 lbs
    Squats (for 10 reps): 185 lbs

Overall physique: Its getting there. My upper chest and deltoids are lacking. I generally need more mass in my upper body. My abs need to be tighter. Some pics:

EDIT

I'm 20 years old. I'm aiming to be about 160-170 lbs of lean muscle. My question really is can I temporarily use steroids to assist me with reaching that goal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interested in using Steroids-2.jpg   Interested in using Steroids-1.jpg  
    Last edited by iPromise; 05-18-2017 at 06:07 PM.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What do you want to know as far as it being a good idea? You look to have a good foundation. What your age? I ask that because you said you've been working out since high school and I don't know if that was a year ago or 10 years ago. What do you want in a physique? Goals? Do you feel you are going to be doing this for the long haul? And your body fat is more in the 15-18% based off the 2 pictures you provided. 10% is not easy to maintain, especially in someone who just recently realized how important nutrition is.
    songdog and cousinmuscles like this.

Hey. So I'm 20 years old. I'm aiming to be about 160-170 lbs of lean muscle. My question really is can I temporarily use steroids to assist me with reaching that goal?

I edited my original post to remove any confusion

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iPromise View Post
    Hey. So I'm 20 years old. I'm aiming to be about 160-170 lbs of lean muscle. My question really is can I temporarily use steroids to assist me with reaching that goal?

I edited my original post to remove any confusion
    You can, but you're risking sterility and erectile dysfunction, not to mention the possibility of not being able to naturally recover and need testosterone injections weekly for the rest of your life just to take a shortcut to gain literally just a few measly pounds. I would reconsider. You can natually gain 5-10 pounds a year at your current stats pretty dang easily.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    You can, but you're risking sterility and erectile dysfunction, not to mention the possibility of not being able to naturally recover and need testosterone injections weekly for the rest of your life just to take a shortcut to gain literally just a few measly pounds. I would reconsider. You can natually gain 5-10 pounds a year at your current stats pretty dang easily.
    agree.. Dont do it. You are at your highest test production levels in your life. Do not halt them, they may never return and your hpta is not fully matured.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Thanks for your input guys. Coming in I was skeptical about using steroids , at least at this very moment in my life. I'll continue to pursue my goal naturally. Hoping for the best, fingers crossed.
    PT1982 likes this.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How long have you been training? You have a good base. How much weight you throw around isn't an indicator of if you should or shouldn't use AAS. As I get older I don't lift as heavy as I used. I focus more on controlling the weight and keeping the muscle engaged the entire lift.

Anyways, I would continue what you're doing and wait until you're about 25 years old when your HPTA is more likely to be fully developed. It's a risk/reward game we play with our hormones. I did one cycle and said I never would again. Because of that cycle I never fully recovered so now I'm on TRT for the rest of my life. It's a royal pain in the ass but going in i knew this was a possibility.

While I'm training and busting my ass I don't mind being on TRT but when I'm older and not able to live this lifestyle it's going to royally suck. I couldn't imagine being 20 years old and knowing I have to inject twice per week for the next 50+ years.
    cousinmuscles and PT1982 like this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good posts in this thread!

Since nobody mentioned it, I think you really have to work your legs. Squatting 185 for 10 is something I could do after a couple months of training, though 225 bench for just 1 rep took me over 2 years to accomplish. Unless of course you dont care how your legs look and just want a beach body, just saying.
    PT1982 likes this.

PistolPete33: I've been working out for about 5-6 years. I was on/off and never understood nutrition that well - I wish I did though. I didn't start taking things seriously until about 8 months ago.

rnsplg: Definitely! I had a sports injury that prevented me from working on my legs for about a year. I've been trying to make up for lost time now that i'm back at it.
    Last edited by iPromise; 05-19-2017 at 04:57 PM.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Spend time in the Diet section as that will be your missing link. The guys over there are super knowledgable and you'll get better results in the long-term learning to eat and train than you will ever get with an AAS cycle. The gains will be slower but that means they will be more likely to be permanent.
    MuscleScience likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iPromise
    PistolPete33: I've been working out for about 5-6 years. I was on/off and never understood nutrition that well - I wish I did though. I didn't start taking things seriously until about 8 months ago. rnsplg: Definitely! I had a sports injury that prevented me from working on my legs for about a year. I've been trying to make up for lost time now that i'm back at it.
    You have actually hit the secret and foundation for everything.... Nutrition!. You can take all of the AAS you want, but without nutrition, you will lose all of the gains.
    The guys in the diet and nutrition section are extremely knowledgable. You can learn alot from them.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Ah Youth

How I miss Ye.

To be 6'4 285 and running the 40 in 5.0 flat again. Running around on the football field talking like Chris Tucker to the little guys (You just got knocked the fuq out). Miss it Miss it Miss it.

Congrats you know you want to be more fit. Learn how to eat better and how to sleep better. Good luck on your Journey.

geezuschrist is offline Associate Member
    don't do it my man unless you wanna possibly end up on trt forever it's just not worth it

hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:45 PM.

thewarrior8845 is offline Junior Member
    If you do one cycle you will most likely want to cycle again. You dont hear of many guys doing one cycle and never doing it again. I would recommend you wait till your mid to late 20's. By then you could have achieved your goal naturally. Maybe your goals change and you dont care about bodybuilding anymore. People change man. What you want at 20 wont be what you want at 25. Just enjoy your youth.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iPromise View Post
    PistolPete33: I've been working out for about 5-6 years. I was on/off and never understood nutrition that well - I wish I did though. I didn't start taking things seriously until about 8 months ago.

rnsplg: Definitely! I had a sports injury that prevented me from working on my legs for about a year. I've been trying to make up for lost time now that i'm back at it.
    Same with me, frustrating to not be able to put up weight without tons of pain.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Way too young and you don't look like you need it yet

My advice: keep bustin as in the gym, keep working on getting the diet dialed in and reconsider in about 5-8 years.

I know that's prob not the answer you wanted but long term it's a better plan

Best of luck on your journey

Ealajl is offline Junior Member
    Too young.

Thread Information