Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 2 Post By PT1982

Thread: Test E, should I increase my dose?

  1. #1
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    152

    Test E, should I increase my dose?

    I'm on week 4 of my test e cycle, pinning 250mg twice a week and just added anavar to the mix this week, 75mg a day. I'm on 0.25mg of arimidex eod and 250iu hcg twice a week. This is my second cycle.

    I'm on a cut cycle and feel the results aren't really coming in as quickly as they did on my first cycle. I know it's still early but thought I'd ask you guys what you think.

    If I don't see results after xxx weeks would you suggest increasing my test e or anavar dose? And when increasing test/var doses do I also need to increase arimidex and hcg?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    I'm on week 4 of my test e cycle, pinning 250mg twice a week and just added anavar to the mix this week, 75mg a day. I'm on 0.25mg of arimidex eod and 250iu hcg twice a week. This is my second cycle.

    I'm on a cut cycle and feel the results aren't really coming in as quickly as they did on my first cycle. I know it's still early but thought I'd ask you guys what you think.

    If I don't see results after xxx weeks would you suggest increasing my test e or anavar dose? And when increasing test/var doses do I also need to increase arimidex and hcg?
    You are cutting.
    What results are you expecting?
    Back In Black and Dj Screw like this.

  3. #3
    canadian77 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    I'm on week 4 of my test e cycle, pinning 250mg twice a week and just added anavar to the mix this week, 75mg a day. I'm on 0.25mg of arimidex eod and 250iu hcg twice a week. This is my second cycle.

    I'm on a cut cycle and feel the results aren't really coming in as quickly as they did on my first cycle. I know it's still early but thought I'd ask you guys what you think.

    If I don't see results after xxx weeks would you suggest increasing my test e or anavar dose? And when increasing test/var doses do I also need to increase arimidex and hcg?
    Was your first cycle a bulk cycle? And this is a cut?

    Your dosage of Adex should be based on blood test results of your E2. HCG dosage is fine as is.
    If you don't get results on Test E 500mg plus 75mg ED of var, then you bought fake stuff. Give it a little more time.

    How long was your last cycle and how long are you planning on running this cycle?

  4. #4
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    I didnt notice much until week 5.5-6 on test cyp. When you do notice strength gains (this is due to the compounds not muscle gains), you will have to get in as much hard training as possible with that increased strength and stamina, overload your muscles. What good would the compound do if you just think it will magically add muscle? Increase the dosage for what, even more temporary and illusory gains?

  5. #5
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,516
    500mg is plenty it's only your 2nd cycle.

  6. #6
    DocToxin8's Avatar
    DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Land of the screwed
    Posts
    2,157
    Always up the dose, always!!!!
    No, seriously, it won't do much.
    If you don't feel it now, going up to 750mg EW isn't gonna bring much more,
    but sides does increase.

    It's a cut. And your second cycle.
    75mg var ED would give me good results with 500mg T.
    (And you know I often dis var of being weak)

    Compared to your first cycle, and since it's a cut you might not feel as much.
    Or the gear is shit.

  7. #7
    Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,560
    You have to live with the word "Cut".
    Less Strength
    Less Gains
    Less Energy and More Negative Feelings.

    My two cents. Focus on what you are doing...ie lifting weights and dieting. Do those to your best degree.

    Cutting is a completely different ballgame from bulking. My personal experience is my two cycles I cut on were wasted time. Losing half your gains to calorie deficit hurts my feeling. You have to be mentally strong to cut. I would be owned by the Jedi Mind trick during a Cutting Cycle.

  8. #8
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    You are cutting.
    What results are you expecting?
    I understand you don't get the same kind of results on a deficit, but I cut on my last cycle and got some decent results, leaned right out and put on some great size. I went on a much harder cycle though, didn't do my homework.

    First 6 weeks I was on 500mg sus/Masteron twice a week, 75mg of var Ed. Then finished with tren /Masteron 500mg twice a week with 75mg of winstrol . I know, retarded for a first cycle, but didn't do my homework. Luckily I made a full recovery and no changes to my hpta.

    Anyway I git great results, but the doses were much higher, and why I'm asking.

  9. #9
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian77 View Post
    Was your first cycle a bulk cycle? And this is a cut?

    Your dosage of Adex should be based on blood test results of your E2. HCG dosage is fine as is.
    If you don't get results on Test E 500mg plus 75mg ED of var, then you bought fake stuff. Give it a little more time.

    How long was your last cycle and how long are you planning on running this cycle?
    Last cycle was a cut also, thus is also a cut.

    Last cycle was 14 weeks. Plan on running this one for 12.

  10. #10
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Always up the dose, always!!!!
    No, seriously, it won't do much.
    If you don't feel it now, going up to 750mg EW isn't gonna bring much more,
    but sides does increase.

    It's a cut. And your second cycle.
    75mg var ED would give me good results with 500mg T.
    (And you know I often dis var of being weak)

    Compared to your first cycle, and since it's a cut you might not feel as much.
    Or the gear is shit.
    My guy is legit, my buddy uses him also and no issues, had great results last cycle as mentioned in my other posts, the cycle was pretty extreme though.

  11. #11
    geezuschrist's Avatar
    geezuschrist is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    400
    seems like you had a pretty crazy first cycle and this one isn't nearly as "extreme"
    I would just be patient

  12. #12
    DocToxin8's Avatar
    DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Land of the screwed
    Posts
    2,157
    Tren in your first cycle, which is quite bad ass when cutting.

    But still, cutting ain't bulking.
    Future cuts you're lucky just to hold on to muscle,
    Can't really expect to gain much.
    Possible to first bulk and then cut in the same cycle though.

    Do an oral Winstrol ending f.ex.
    That's what we did in the old days to "consolidate the gains" as we said.
    Thinking that ending out hard and ripped (especially hard),
    and the strength increase that came with winny at the end of a T cycle,
    would make the muscle "stick" better.

    I think it makes sorta sense.
    It's a good cycle anyways.

  13. #13
    DocToxin8's Avatar
    DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Land of the screwed
    Posts
    2,157
    Come to think of it, back then we used mostly Winstrol depot,
    and we had no real PCT.
    So ending on Winstrol depot, a drug which won't convert to estrogen and isn't as supressive, would sorta function like a "taper" also, letting the pituitary start back up with still some anabolics in the system, so maybe that played a part too, but it's still a cycle I would recommend now.

  14. #14
    Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    238
    You are on a cut, 500mg pw is more than enough to preserve your muscle. Upping the dose would literally be a complete waste unless you start bulking. You are not going to gain any muscle during a calorie deficit even with gear

    the only exceptions to this is: if you have just started lifting weights for the first time, or if you used to train and took a really long break and lost it all and came back then muscle memory might add a little mass during a deficit, and lastly if you were in the hospital/sick and in bed for months then you might be able to add a little muscle during a deficit as well when you return to the gym. If someone is in any of those situations they shouldnt be using steroids at all, and they dont need them because the results will be great without them for months and months

    Not trying to burst your bubble but you didn't gain any muscle on your "crazy" first cycle either even with multiple compounds and those doses....if you did gain you were not in a calorie deficit. Some of the size you thought you gained could be water retention or just the illusion a good cut gives that makes you appear bigger because the muscle is more visable and defined.

    As long as you keep the protein high, calories low, and train hard your cut should be a success as long as you are losing weight.

    If you haven't started to "feel" it yet then it should be kicking in very soon, your ester starts kicking in right around now (week 4). if you don't feel anything by week 6 its possible your gear is fake. I would get blood work done in 2 weeks (your 6 week mark) regardless just to see what your Testosterone levels are at and to see how well your gear is dosed, also see what your estro is at and if you need to up or lower your arimidex . Make sure when you get the estro test you get the "Sensitive estrodiol E2 test" thats the only accurate one for men...the other estro test is for women and isn't as accurate for men.

    In my opinion you should switch to a lean bulk man, I feel like you are wasting these cycles on cuts when you could be getting so much more out of your gear. I know you made a post a few weeks ago saying you were worried about putting on too much size too fast but I wouldn't worry about that, and if you are worried about that why the hell even use gear? Save your money/health

    Hope I didn't come across as a jerk. I am truly trying to give you the best advice I can and explain myself as well.

    Good luck

  15. #15
    jjsevens's Avatar
    jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Screw View Post
    You are on a cut, 500mg pw is more than enough to preserve your muscle. Upping the dose would literally be a complete waste unless you start bulking. You are not going to gain any muscle during a calorie deficit even with gear

    the only exceptions to this is: if you have just started lifting weights for the first time, or if you used to train and took a really long break and lost it all and came back then muscle memory might add a little mass during a deficit, and lastly if you were in the hospital/sick and in bed for months then you might be able to add a little muscle during a deficit as well when you return to the gym. If someone is in any of those situations they shouldnt be using steroids at all, and they dont need them because the results will be great without them for months and months

    Not trying to burst your bubble but you didn't gain any muscle on your "crazy" first cycle either even with multiple compounds and those doses....if you did gain you were not in a calorie deficit. Some of the size you thought you gained could be water retention or just the illusion a good cut gives that makes you appear bigger because the muscle is more visable and defined.

    As long as you keep the protein high, calories low, and train hard your cut should be a success as long as you are losing weight.

    If you haven't started to "feel" it yet then it should be kicking in very soon, your ester starts kicking in right around now (week 4). if you don't feel anything by week 6 its possible your gear is fake. I would get blood work done in 2 weeks (your 6 week mark) regardless just to see what your Testosterone levels are at and to see how well your gear is dosed, also see what your estro is at and if you need to up or lower your arimidex . Make sure when you get the estro test you get the "Sensitive estrodiol E2 test" thats the only accurate one for men...the other estro test is for women and isn't as accurate for men.

    In my opinion you should switch to a lean bulk man, I feel like you are wasting these cycles on cuts when you could be getting so much more out of your gear. I know you made a post a few weeks ago saying you were worried about putting on too much size too fast but I wouldn't worry about that, and if you are worried about that why the hell even use gear? Save your money/health

    Hope I didn't come across as a jerk. I am truly trying to give you the best advice I can and explain myself as well.

    Good luck
    No not at all, I appreciate the honest and knowledgeable feedback.

    Oh I'm feeling it, the pump is there, just dont see the size or strength yet, but that could be the deficit...
    I don't know man, on my last cycle I put on weight and got down to 12% (my profile pic was on that cycle) and put on weight, 6-7lbs. but wasn't monitoring my calories intake either, so you could be right, I very well have been at maintenance or in a slight surplus.

    I'm just trying to get down to 10% this time so in a 700 cal deficit, I'm down to probably 14% now, still leaning and not losing weight anymore, was leaning out before I started my cycle.

    So what do you suggest I do for a lean bulk? Eat at maintenance or in a slight surplus? Cause really my goal is to hit that 10% mark without losing anything I've put on during this last bulk, but if I can do that and put on some size I'm all ears....

    BTW I'm 40, so burning fat is tough!

    Thanks.
    Last edited by jjsevens; 05-11-2017 at 05:51 PM.

  16. #16
    Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    No not at all, I appreciate the honest and knowledgeable feedback.

    Oh I'm feeling it, the pump is there, just dont see the size or strength yet, but that could be the deficit...
    I don't know man, on my last cycle I put on weight and got down to 12% (my profile pic was on that cycle) and put on weight, 6-7lbs. but wasn't monitoring my calories intake either, so you could be right, I very well have been at maintenance or in a slight surplus.

    I'm just trying to get down to 10% this time so in a 700 cal deficit, I'm down to probably 14% now, still leaning and not losing weight anymore, was leaning out before I started my cycle.

    So what do you suggest I do for a lean bulk? Eat at maintenance or in a slight surplus? Cause really my goal is to hit that 10% mark without losing anything I've put on during this last bulk, but if I can do that and put on some size I'm all ears....

    BTW I'm 40, so burning fat is tough!

    Thanks.
    Ok, that makes sense now. If you gained 7lbs then it was a bulk. If you add nothing but clean muscle you will get a little leaner because weight is going up and with no fat increase so that makes your overall body fat % lower... you aren't actually burning fat (not sure if that is going to make sense lol, hard to type/explain things instead of actually speaking to someone)

    If you aren't losing weight anymore, then try lowering the calories even more or adding cardio. The testosterone doesn't increase the calories you burn or help you lose weight it just makes the weight you lose fat instead of muscle during a cut (as long as someones diet/training is on point)

    The reason I suggested the lean bulk is because I feel like adding pounds of muscle is much more difficult and takes much longer than losing fat does(naturally). People can lose body fat and save their muscle and get reallllly lean naturally... but (for the most part) you can't pack on 10 or so pounds of lean muscle in 8-12 weeks naturally (unless you are a beginner) without steroids . So in my opinion I just don't see the point in using a cycle to cut if you aren't going to add any muscle, just my opinion.

    But your situation is different, if you are dead set on getting to 10% then go for it, your cycle is perfect for it and trying to get down to 10% naturally without losing muscle would be very tuff.

    If you do the lean bulk its possible to get a little leaner while gaining weight but there's no way you will go from 14% to 10% in that short of time gaining weight. To be honest, you will probably gain a small ammount or maintain your current bf% but in the long run I think you will be happier with the extra muscle.

    You're already in great shape for 40 man, keep it up.

  17. #17
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    For cutting, I use a lot less test than you do. I like getting the most out of the anavar when I run it because I love it and it's expensive. I prefer to use doses lore enough that an AI shouldn't be needed.

  18. #18
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,516
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    No not at all, I appreciate the honest and knowledgeable feedback.

    Oh I'm feeling it, the pump is there, just dont see the size or strength yet, but that could be the deficit...
    I don't know man, on my last cycle I put on weight and got down to 12% (my profile pic was on that cycle) and put on weight, 6-7lbs. but wasn't monitoring my calories intake either, so you could be right, I very well have been at maintenance or in a slight surplus.

    I'm just trying to get down to 10% this time so in a 700 cal deficit, I'm down to probably 14% now, still leaning and not losing weight anymore, was leaning out before I started my cycle.

    So what do you suggest I do for a lean bulk? Eat at maintenance or in a slight surplus? Cause really my goal is to hit that 10% mark without losing anything I've put on during this last bulk, but if I can do that and put on some size I'm all ears....

    BTW I'm 40, so burning fat is tough!

    Thanks.
    But remember that was your 1st cycle a cycle in which you grow like a weed if you do things right.That is why we tell guys don't waste your 1st cycle on a cut.
    PT1982 likes this.

  19. #19
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    But remember that was your 1st cycle a cycle in which you grow like a weed if you do things right.That is why we tell guys don't waste your 1st cycle on a cut.
    Good point songdog. Everyone does this. I remember well doing the same thing. We all are guilty of it. The first time a ran a true blast, I blew up and was amazed. I kept telling myself I was going to cut soon. A close friend and mentor of mine caught wind that I was planning a cut and he chewed me out for considering it so early in the game. He told me to throw out all of my tren , mast, var, etc and said continue to grow. That was the single most valuable lesson I ever learned in living this lifestyle. I was always a skinny person, but when I got to 180, I was at about 8% body fat. When I hit 200, I was about 10-12. But I wanted to cut. He said I had to have something to cut and that I would end up losing muscle at my current stats.

    What newer guys need to realize is that as long as you don't eat junk and way too many calories, you're going to lose some fat even on a bulk due to the overload of androgens flooding the body. To an extent anyways. It's hard to properly bulk without adding some fat, but that's usually what happens to uss who have done this for a long time because we know we have to eat well above our TDEE, and often times we are the ones that overdo it. When a person is new to things, they might eat over their TDEE most days, then some days eat well below it. So they'll usually add less fat than us that are very strict in eating to add. They've not had the experience to see how things play out until they have some time under their belt.

    I got long winded again. Lol. But it brought back that memory of when I was told to keep growing and it poured out. Good memory.
    songdog and DocToxin8 like this.

  20. #20
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Whoa! That was even more than I thought!

  21. #21
    Dex88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    11
    I can only speak from my experience. When I increased my test to 800-1g the estrogen side effects were quite bad - cysts through oil build up, estrogen was bad even with an AI.

    I would keep the current 500mg p/w and just focus yours diet around the gains you want. Cutting - carb cycling works great, eating small nutritious meals every 3 hours to ramp up the metabolism.

  22. #22
    ChicoSuave is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    600mg test minimum

  23. #23
    Jphunter's Avatar
    Jphunter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    I'm on week 4 of my test e cycle, pinning 250mg twice a week and just added anavar to the mix this week, 75mg a day. I'm on 0.25mg of arimidex eod and 250iu hcg twice a week. This is my second cycle.

    I'm on a cut cycle and feel the results aren't really coming in as quickly as they did on my first cycle. I know it's still early but thought I'd ask you guys what you think.

    If I don't see results after xxx weeks would you suggest increasing my test e or anavar dose? And when increasing test/var doses do I also need to increase arimidex and hcg?
    It's only week 4 .

  24. #24
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,516
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicoSuave View Post
    600mg test minimum
    This is BS!

  25. #25
    hxt
    hxt is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    152
    how is your blood pressure

  26. #26
    Ealajl is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    53
    Good reads.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •