• 1 Post By AKD_FitChick
  • 3 Post By PT1982

Thread: Training on gear

KJ419 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

Training on gear

32 years old, female, 5'2", 130lbs, around 23%bf
    Goal look/inspiration=Cass Martin

I've read that on steroids the optimal way to train is lower weight, high reps. I switched from my normal heavy weight, 8-10 reps once I started Var but my recovery time isn't better than before and I'm so much more sore with my current split :/ I've been training each body part twice a week for the longest time and LOVE my results training that way but DAMN, I am so much more sore training high reps with my current routine while using Var and Clen
    Current routine:
    Day 1: Chest + Back (focus chest)
    Day 2: Bi's + Tri's + Shoulders (focus shoulders)
    Day 3: Legs + core (focus hamstrings)
    Day 4: REST
    Day 5: Chest + Back (focus back)
    Day 6: Bi's + Tri's + Shoulders (focus tri's)
    Day 7: Legs + core (focus quads)
    The next 3 days are the same as the first except on arm day, the focus is bi's

Should I switch to a different way of training or maybe add more rest days?

Thanks in advance! You all are amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ419 View Post

I've read that on steroids the optimal way to train is lower weight, high reps. I switched from my normal heavy weight, 8-10 reps once I started Var but my recovery time isn't better than before and I'm so much more sore with my current split :/ I've been training each body part twice a week for the longest time and LOVE my results training that way but DAMN, I am so much more sore training high reps with my current routine while using Var and Clen
    Current routine:

How long are you doing this training regime? I'm guessing since your on Clen your goal is to cut?

Steroids more than anything help the body recover from exercise, you can up your intensity and volume to a point. Just make sure you build in rest and reloading period
    songdog, KJ419, PT1982 and 1 others like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    How long are you doing this training regime? I'm guessing since your on Clen your goal is to cut?

Steroids more than anything help the body recover from exercise, you can up your intensity and volume to a point. Just make sure you build in rest and reloading period
    I've been doing the same split for about 4-5 months now. Only difference is before the Var I did 3 days for strength and 3 days for endurance but since starting the Var I've been doing all high reps. Definitely trying to cut while also building as much muscle as I can! Before I started the Clen I noticed my recovery time decreased. Not sure if it's the Var or if it's high reps twice per muscle group a week. Noticed a significant drop in energy since starting the Clen though so it's like a double whammy of decreased recovery time and energy levels BUT my muscles are definitely more solid and defined. Just sucks to feel like I'm hurting more and tired AF all.the.time since I thought it would do the opposite for me

Blog Entries
    I've been doing the same split for about 4-5 months now. Only difference is before the Var I did 3 days for strength and 3 days for endurance but since starting the Var I've been doing all high reps. Definitely trying to cut while also building as much muscle as I can! Before I started the Clen I noticed my recovery time decreased. Not sure if it's the Var or if it's high reps twice per muscle group a week. Noticed a significant drop in energy since starting the Clen though so it's like a double whammy of decreased recovery time and energy levels BUT my muscles are definitely more solid and defined. Just sucks to feel like I'm hurting more and tired AF all.the.time since I thought it would do the opposite for me

It sounds like you need to build in some deload weeks soon. Meaning you still train just not as frequently or as intense as you have been. I do this every 4-6 weeks. It just helps the body get caught up from all the training. You will probably notice an immediate increase in gains the weeks following.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    It sounds like you need to build in some deload weeks soon. Meaning you still train just not as frequently or as intense as you have been. I do this every 4-6 weeks. It just helps the body get caught up from all the training. You will probably notice an immediate increase in gains the weeks following.
    Thank you so incredibly much! I've never heard of that but it sound like just what I need!! I am going to try that when I lose the steam that I'm currently running on lol I'm hoping I'll feel a little more energized on the rest weeks of clen . 4 more days of clen and then I'm off for 2 weeks so I'm praying I feel a little more bippity boppity when I take a break haha

AKD_FitChick likes this.

Blog Entries
    Thank you so incredibly much! I've never heard of that but it sound like just what I need!! I am going to try that when I lose the steam that I'm currently running on lol I'm hoping I'll feel a little more energized on the rest weeks of clen . 4 more days of clen and then I'm off for 2 weeks so I'm praying I feel a little more bippity boppity when I take a break haha

They key is to get your deload before you run out of steam. Why recharge when you can take time off and supercharge?!?
    efiles123, KJ419 and AKD_FitChick like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    They key is to get your deload before you run out of steam. Why recharge when you can take time off and supercharge?!?
    Uh, so true! I think I'll start tomorrow then since I feel so drained already. I just hate the guilt that comes along with feeling like I'm not pushing myself hard enough but I know I'd feel worse if I didn't train at all haha the MF'n struggle is real!!!!!

MuscleScience likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Deloads are a must.

And the nice part is you still get to train,
    just do it easy and when you leave the gym you're really aching to do more.
    Then after the deload period it's back to 100%.
    KJ419 and AKD_FitChick like this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Its a bigger probleme if u not get sore.

But to maximize the benefits its important to use a good intrawourkout drink and good carbs rigth after. Not when u get back home.
    I like to blend 20 gs of bcaas with 10 dl pomegranatejuice. U can do half. And bring rice and chicken with me in the car.

Doing so will make u heal a lot faster.

If u do keto its stil perfect to do this acording to Rich Piana.
    KJ419 likes this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Uh, so true! I think I'll start tomorrow then since I feel so drained already. I just hate the guilt that comes along with feeling like I'm not pushing myself hard enough but I know I'd feel worse if I didn't train at all haha the MF'n struggle is real!!!!!

You sound so much like me and yes the guys are right! My lifting to me is my church. It's my peace, my release, my time. I only have one speed.....one know.....push!

But I am learning too, rest before you are forced to rest by injury or burn out, it will be that much harder.

I train very different then you, but my goals were to gain more mass and cut after the vR cycle.

KJ419 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Current routine:

I'd say add in more rest days

Maybe a push pull... what r your goals?? Size strength recomping, etc?

Chest - all incline work it'll lift your chest off the bone
    Legs
    Bis tris
    Off
    Shoulders
    Back
    Off
    If you need more rest days take one... listen to your body!

Your CNS takes a hit dramatically just figured I'd add...
    KJ419 likes this.

canadian77 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, I don't have much to add to this thread other than to say to OP. You are a beast!
    KJ419 and MuscleScience like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian77 View Post
    Sorry, I don't have much to add to this thread other than to say to OP. You are a beast!
    hahahaha thank you!!! I appreciate that!!
    MuscleScience likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Heed this advice! And I would scrap any "core" workouts because if you are doing compound exercises and the right movements, your core is going to catch up to support the weights and the rest of the body building up. It's ok to hit abs or something at the end of a workout, but it's not necessary. But MS has you covered. Don't get into the same routine week after week. Mix things up. Maybe do a routine for 4-6 weeks, deload a couple of weeks, then do a different routine for 4-6 weeks. And I'm a big proponent of heavy weights with high imtensity. I want to walk in the gym with a focus to tear my muscles to pieces. Grit my teeth, make my mind get to where it has to be, and I want to leave after about 20-30 minutes with someone having to help me get in my truck.
    KJ419 and MuscleScience like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Heed this advice! And I would scrap any "core" workouts because if you are doing compound exercises and the right movements, your core is going to catch up to support the weights and the rest of the body building up. It's ok to hit abs or something at the end of a workout, but it's not necessary. But MS has you covered. Don't get into the same routine week after week. Mix things up. Maybe do a routine for 4-6 weeks, deload a couple of weeks, then do a different routine for 4-6 weeks. And I'm a big proponent of heavy weights with high imtensity. I want to walk in the gym with a focus to tear my muscles to pieces. Grit my teeth, make my mind get to where it has to be, and I want to leave after about 20-30 minutes with someone having to help me get in my truck.
    THANK YOU!!! Uh! I was thinking today that I will switch up my routine. Maybe something like this:
    chest/tris/cardio
    quads/calves
    bi's/shoulders/cardio
    Rest
    back/traps/cardio
    hams/calves
    Rest

Still not sure about the high reps vs heavy weight but I definitely love heavy weight over high reps. Love when I can out lift the boys at my gym haha and feel like such a baby when I'm doing my lower weight/high rep routine although the pump is CRAZY!! Especially when I do well over 50 reps and pretty much go until I feel the muscle will explode outta my body lol

PT1982 likes this.

THANK YOU!!! Uh! I was thinking today that I will switch up my routine. Maybe something like this:
    chest/tris/cardio
    quads/calves
    bi's/shoulders/cardio
    Rest
    back/traps/cardio
    hams/calves
    Rest

Still not sure about the high reps vs heavy weight but I definitely love heavy weight over high reps. Love when I can out lift the boys at my gym haha and feel like such a baby when I'm doing my lower weight/high rep routine although the pump is CRAZY!! Especially when I do well over 50 reps and pretty much go until I feel the muscle will explode outta my body lol

Im with you on the pumps. I always, always end arm day with low/moderate weight with high reps. Just one reverse pyramid set. My basic routine for most all muscle groups is the heaviest weight possible that I fail at aboutt the 5th or 6th rep. Then I'll take a short 30-45 second break and hit it again with the same weight and force every last rep I can get. On smaller muscles like arms, I usually will do 4 sets of 4-6 reps. Larger muscles like back and legs (sometimes delts), I so 3 working sets. I respond well, as most do, with 3-4 sets of about 3 exercises per muscle group. On paper it looks as if it's a lazy and half a**ed workout, but in reality it is much more exhaustive than high reps with lower weight. Body composition has a more rapids onset with heavy weights and low reps. But it takes years to perfect and know exactly how your body responds, and we're all different.
    KJ419 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Im with you on the pumps. I always, always end arm day with low/moderate weight with high reps. Just one reverse pyramid set. My basic routine for most all muscle groups is the heaviest weight possible that I fail at aboutt the 5th or 6th rep. Then I'll take a short 30-45 second break and hit it again with the same weight and force every last rep I can get. On smaller muscles like arms, I usually will do 4 sets of 4-6 reps. Larger muscles like back and legs (sometimes delts), I so 3 working sets. I respond well, as most do, with 3-4 sets of about 3 exercises per muscle group. On paper it looks as if it's a lazy and half a**ed workout, but in reality it is much more exhaustive than high reps with lower weight. Body composition has a more rapids onset with heavy weights and low reps. But it takes years to perfect and know exactly how your body responds, and we're all different.
    ooooh I think I'm going to try a combo of heavy weight and end with high reps on some lifts. I've been doing 4-5 exercises per muscle group and 3-4 sets with high reps but on heavy days, I do 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps. Since I'm switching up my routine to include an extra rest day, I need to write out a new routine. Will try to post my current routine today! Work has been crazy lately!!!

Anyways, THANK YOU for all the info!!
    PT1982 likes this.

ooooh I think I'm going to try a combo of heavy weight and end with high reps on some lifts. I've been doing 4-5 exercises per muscle group and 3-4 sets with high reps but on heavy days, I do 4-5 sets of 8-10 reps. Since I'm switching up my routine to include an extra rest day, I need to write out a new routine. Will try to post my current routine today! Work has been crazy lately!!!

Anyways, THANK YOU for all the info!!
    Shoot yeah! And keep up posted on everything. The more I learn from a woman's perspective, the better off I am for reasons I've mentioned. I'll post up a routine that I'm working with a woman right now who's on the verge of stardom. She's 29 years old, 5'7", 165lbs and sub 20 body fat. She'll be sub 15 in a few weeks. I'll post her "bulk" routine up when I get home. She's on more of a cut at the moment, and you dont need that right now.
    AKD_FitChick and KJ419 like this.

Blog Entries
    Shoot yeah! And keep up posted on everything. The more I learn from a woman's perspective, the better off I am for reasons I've mentioned. I'll post up a routine that I'm working with a woman right now who's on the verge of stardom. She's 29 years old, 5'7", 165lbs and sub 20 body fat. She'll be sub 15 in a few weeks. I'll post her "bulk" routine up when I get home. She's on more of a cut at the moment, and you dont need that right now.
    Nice! Looking forward to reading her routine! I FINALLY posted mine on my log even though I'm changing it soon!

AKD_FitChick and PT1982 like this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    I would like to see these too!!!

PT1982 likes this.

Ok. I'm finally in and have the routine in front of me. Keep in mind this chick has been weight training since her teenage years and is very experienced with knowing her body. She is the most motivated woman I've had the pleasure of working with. I won't discuss any AAS use unless asked. Her was her last training cycle for mass:

*Back (light biceps)
    Deadlifts- 4 sets, 4-6 reps

Bent over BB row - 4 sets, 2 assisted reps past failure (this are my favorite back exercise)

Wide grip pull downs- 3 sets, 4-6 reps (some weeks we would alternate with weighed pull ups)

1 arm DB row- 3 sets, 4-8 reps

*Legs
    Squats -4 sets, up to 10 reps

Lunges w/ DBs - end of the workout until exhaustion

Leg press 4 sets, 4-6 reps

Front squats 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Calves

*Chest/shoulders
    Flat bench DB press - 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Incline DB bench- 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Flat bench flyes- 4 sets, up to 10 reps

Military press - 4 sets, 4-6 reps

Bent over DB raises -4 sets, 8-10 reps

Lateral raises (DB or cable) - 4 sets, 8-10 reps

*Arms

This one was her choice, as her arms were 17 inches and didn't need size compared to her body. The rest of her body needed to catch up to her arms. Some of the most beautiful arms I've seen, lol. Usually 3 exercises for biceps, 3 for triceps. 3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Thread Information