Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ThatGuy82
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By canadian77

Thread: Water intake

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Water intake

Good morning all, hope the iron gods have been treating you all well.

I saw some discussion in another thread about what's the proper amount of daily water intake while on cycle.

I've always drank at minimum 1 gallon a day but usually closer to 1.5 gal/day, but my main goal is to always be peeing clear.

In the thread some were advocating for 2-2.5 gal/day.

I would think it has more to do with the individuals specific body/build/etc.

Any thoughts?

ThatGuy82 is offline Junior Member
    I just go by the clear rule of thumb... If your urine is not clear especially when on cycle with high levels of intensity training, you are in the wrong! "Hydrate or die".
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    The whole rule about 8 glasses of water a day and all that was not based on any science data but rather the organization that all the bottled water companies belong too. As that guy said above, urine color and your own thirst is your guide. The body isn't stupid, the myth that if you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated is silly. In fact drinking to much water can be bad for you as well. Make sure your sources of water have salts in them. If you drink pure water with no electrolytes (salts) you will actually dehydrated yourself.
    songdog likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

canadian77 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    If you drink pure water with no electrolytes (salts) you will actually dehydrated yourself.
    This is very true to a degree. You can certainly get sufficient electrolytes from your foods assuming you are consuming enough of the right foods.

I've seen people advocating 2 gallons of water per day but that is getting to dangerous levels.

Your urine should not be clear, but rather slightly yellow. If your urine is clear you are urinating out way too much electrolytes and doing more harm than good. Take this from a guy (myself) who ended up in the hospital with too low potassium and severe heart arrhythmia.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Good input here

Thanks!

Dex88 is offline New Member
    I've always gone by 1litre per 25kg your body weight.

Increase on hot days and increase during exercise. I also increase if I've had a lot of carbs and holding subcenaneous water

ChicoSuave is offline New Member
    1 gal a day is perf

Thread Information