Results 1 to 38 of 38
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By hollywoodundead2016
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By boisebeast
  • 2 Post By boisebeast
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By hollywoodundead2016

Thread: Managing cholesterol while on steroids

  1. #1
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193

    Managing cholesterol while on steroids

    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,635
    The steroid causes the problem with lipids not the carrier oil so....
    test suspension will not resolve the issue
    PT1982 likes this.

  3. #3
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Definitely not the carrier. Try otc supps. They do work. If they don't get it in range, then maybe consider the temporary use of a statin. Just be aware of side effects. It's nice to see someone who cares about an important side effect

  4. #4
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  5. #5
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  6. #6
    PT1982's Avatar
    PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Home of the Braves
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    I'm already on a statin right now. What otc supps would you recommend?
    CoQ10, krill and fish oil, flaxseed oil, and vitamin e should be used along side the omega fatty oils for better absorbtion.

  7. #7
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  8. #8
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    Obviously anabolic steroids can be pretty harsh on your lipid profile particularly the LDL and HDL. What can you do to counteract that side effect? I take these drugs/supplements right now.

    GW (Cardarine) raises HDL
    Niacin raises HDL
    Simvastatin lowers LDL
    Fish Oil lowers triglycerides

    Anything else other people know to do to help manage their LDL and HDL cholesterol while on steroids. I feel that this is a VERY important topic that is often overlooked. Obviously diet/exercise factor in but even with those in check the cholesterol can still be of concern. Since test suspension is water based would that resolve the issue? The problem with that is you have to inject it every fucking day lmao.
    This migth be not so important. Bostin Loyd says as long as u eat healthy, u shouldnt worry to much about cholestrol. A couple of pubmedreports say aasworsened cholestrol do not thicken the arterie walls.

    I also found that NAC is good for cholestrol.

  9. #9
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

  10. #10
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    This migth be not so important. Bostin Loyd says as long as u eat healthy, u shouldnt worry to much about cholestrol. A couple of pubmedreports say aasworsened cholestrol do not thicken the arterie walls.

    I also found that NAC is good for cholestrol.
    I think this kind of trolling should get one banned. We are adults and we have memory, it is not hard to see. This guy is literally just trying to plant bad seeds and is consciously trying to keep a persona so that someone will fall for it and take his advice.
    Obs likes this.

  11. #11
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Dont listen to sil hollywood. He is here to fuck us all over as best he can. If this continues he wont be here much longer. Members are sick of his shit and very vocal about it.

  12. #12
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Obs likes this.

  13. #13
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    He is right about NAC being good for cholesterol but to say anabolics dont have a detrimental impact on your cholesterol and that a bad lipid panel is not a big deal is beyond idiotic lol.
    Rnsplg is an extremely intelligent member, he should be red but doesnt post much and has been overlooked. I hope him and pt1982 catch the next round of promotion.

  14. #14
    boisebeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg
    I think this kind of trolling should get one banned. We are adults and we have memory, it is not hard to see. This guy is literally just trying to plant bad seeds and is consciously trying to keep a persona so that someone will fall for it and take his advice.
    Sil is not trolling. Despite the fact that he idolizes Rich and Boston, he is actually very experienced and has a lot to contribute. Although I disagree with many of his opinions, he has a lot of good knowledge too. At the very least it's good to have a variety of opinions so we can bring up studies, facts, and have a conversation about what is scientifically accurate. I do also agree that he should be careful what he suggests to the new forum members though

  15. #15
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Rnsplg is an extremely intelligent member, he should be red but doesnt post much and has been overlooked. I hope him and pt1982 catch the next round of promotion.
    Thank you for that however I am a beginner to AAS

  16. #16
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Sil is not trolling. Despite the fact that he idolizes Rich and Boston, he is actually very experienced and has a lot to contribute. Although I disagree with many of his opinions, he has a lot of good knowledge too. At the very least it's good to have a variety of opinions so we can bring up studies, facts, and have a conversation about what is scientifically accurate. I do also agree that he should be careful what he suggests to the new forum members though
    Though his experiences are as if he had no access to any research at all when he did what he did. I think its sad to pretend you have no memory and somehow rationalize his advice. Every time he mentions something scientific its "some pubmed reports" and drops a logical fallacy, a texas sharpshooter - cherry picks a select few studies that fit his ideas, composition/division (especially when he mentions SARMs ) , then he does an appeal to authority/bandwagon (rich piana boston lloyd... great scientists!). By the way if you follow his post history you'll see that he hasnt gained for decades, and when he built what he had he didnt even do what he preaches. Despite having done AAS for years he recently learned not to use harsh oral AAS for too long periods, the hard way...
    Obs likes this.

  17. #17
    boisebeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg
    Though his experiences are as if he had no access to any research at all when he did what he did. I think its sad to pretend you have no memory and somehow rationalize his advice. Every time he mentions something scientific its "some pubmed reports" and drops a logical fallacy, a texas sharpshooter - cherry picks a select few studies that fit his ideas, composition/division (especially when he mentions SARMs) , then he does an appeal to authority/bandwagon (rich piana boston lloyd... great scientists!). By the way if you follow his post history you'll see that he hasnt gained for decades, and when he built what he had he didnt even do what he preaches. Despite having done AAS for years he recently learned not to use harsh oral AAS for too long periods, the hard way...
    Anyone who blindly takes advice from anyone on the forum clearly doesn't know what they are doing, Sil often provides a differing option that (even if incorrect) spurs a scientific discussion that results in a much more educational thread in the end. Also it is okay that his advice doesn't always match what he has done, that means he has learned from his mistakes! Like I said, I often disagree with him but I have been around here long enough to realize we need diversity in opinions to establish the scientific facts
    Last edited by boisebeast; 05-26-2017 at 07:19 PM.

  18. #18
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Anyone who blindly takes advice from anyone on the forum clearly doesn't know what they are doing, Sil often provides a differing option that (even if incorrect) spurs a scientific discussion that results in a much more educational thread in the end. Also it is okay that his advice doesn't always match what he has done, that means he has learned from his mistakes! Like I said, I often disagree with him but I have been around here long enough to realize we need diversity in opinions to establish the scientific facts
    Sorry, not accepting logical fallacies. To establish scientific facts you need to properly read studies. You need to read the intricacies of the study design, similar studies, the data, the theoretical background on the methods, the validity of the methods used, the amount of participants of the experiment, et.c... Where some youtube personalities diverse opinions matches into this is something only you believe is a way to "establish the scientific facts".

  19. #19
    boisebeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    582
    YouTube videos are different as it's a medium that allows one person to speak without contest and monitor the discussion of their video, i.e. a completely different platform than this forum so I find that a poor comparison. I agree members need to be conscious of advising inexperienced newcomers and that advice should be based on studies, but we shouldn't write someone off completely with differing ideas because this is a world where many human trials haven't been conducted with many of these drugs and personal experience and self experimentation is sometimes all that is available.
    Last edited by boisebeast; 05-26-2017 at 07:40 PM.

  20. #20
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    YouTube videos are different as it's a medium that allows one person to speak without contest and monitor the discussion of their video, i.e. a completely different platform than this forum so I find that a poor example. I agree members need to be conscious of advising inexperienced newcomers but I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on the rest.
    So youtube personalities arent good, but Silabolin preaching youtube personalities advice is. Because hopping on a stupid bandwagon full of idiots is not the same as youtube, since youre all monitoring each others discussion! Ha ha! And showing that after decades of AAS use you finally realize prolonged use of large doses of oral AAS are bad for your liver, is a sign you learn from your mistakes. I am not agreeing to disagree, Im telling you that your reasoning sucks.

  21. #21
    boisebeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg
    So youtube personalities arent good, but Silabolin preaching youtube personalities advice is. Because hopping on a stupid bandwagon full of idiots is not the same as youtube, since youre all monitoring each others discussion! Ha ha! And showing that after decades of AAS use you finally realize prolonged use of large doses of oral AAS are bad for your liver, is a sign you learn from your mistakes. I am not agreeing to disagree, Im telling you that your reasoning sucks.
    I can see you're missing my point and seem to be taking this personally, which you shouldn't be. I would just urge you to keep an open mind and that's coming from a long time and very conservative member here. Have a good day

  22. #22
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    Thank you for that however I am a beginner to AAS
    You still understand it better that a lot of red members.

  23. #23
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Anyone who blindly takes advice from anyone on the forum clearly doesn't know what they are doing, Sil often provides a differing option that (even if incorrect) spurs a scientific discussion that results in a much more educational thread in the end. Also it is okay that his advice doesn't always match what he has done, that means he has learned from his mistakes! Like I said, I often disagree with him but I have been around here long enough to realize we need diversity in opinions to establish the scientific facts
    Look at rns's post history then look at silabolins.
    The only scientific discussion sil has spurred is a discussion on whether he is the missing link. He stirs shit and thats the only reason he is here. There is a reason he is loathed by the productive members here and is two steps from being booted.

    He is a troll. He stirs shit. He tries to destroy.
    He is socially inept not just here but in real life and behaves accordingly on this forum because words dont hurt him here.
    Once in a great while you can get him to show his psycological defense mechanisms and he will say things like "who needs friends."
    He is a scared boy who gets down on anyone showing emotion just like he tried to destroy the depression thread. He does this because he was hurt a long time ago and feel too inadequate to admit fault.
    If you didnt understand that re read it until you do.

  24. #24
    boisebeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    582
    I completely see where you're coming from, my posts are not to aimed to defend Silabolin but rather to promote an atmosphere of diversity of opinions and ideas. Perhaps I did a poor job of conveying that point and if I did I apologize. Anyone who is here for the purpose of instigating arguments or throwing personal attacks shouldn't be here, whether or not that applies to a particular member or not is not the point I'm speaking to.
    cousinmuscles and Obs like this.

  25. #25
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    OMG. Can someone who actually can read fill in here please. All i was saying was that there are a couple of pubmedreports saying aasworsened cholestrol do not thicken the arterie walls. One of the studies, i remember, they were concerned about the OP topic. Well, they studied 30 bodybuilders who lived healthy but have had bad cholestrol for years. Well, none of them actually had plaque buildup in the arteries.
    Another study showed the same.

    U can say what u will about Bostin Loyd but he knows more about aasuse than almost any of us. Man he uses all kinds of stuff in hilarous amounts. Insulin , gh, orals, injectables.
    He is stil around and he said the same. AAsworsened cholestrol is not dangerous.

    IM not saying anything. I just, as the beast said, throw additional opinions, into a very important topic. If u think this is trolling, call your mother and cry.

    While im at it. The top Japanese cholestol expert said that statins are the biggest killer. But makes money for the companies. High LDL is much more healthy than using statins.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 05-26-2017 at 08:27 PM.

  26. #26
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:31 PM.

  27. #27
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    I completely see where you're coming from, my posts are not to aimed to defend Silabolin but rather to promote an atmosphere of diversity of opinions and ideas. Perhaps I did a poor job of conveying that point and if I did I apologize. Anyone who is here for the purpose of instigating arguments or throwing personal attacks shouldn't be here, whether or not that applies to a particular member or not is not the point I'm speaking to.
    I understand now. Sorry.
    boisebeast likes this.

  28. #28
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    bostin loyd also got an infection that looked pretty nasty. not sure what caused it but im assuming he is fine now. having an hdl <40 is not good and these steroids SERIOUSLY suppress your hdl. im most concerned about that. interesting post tho.
    He just got an infection from a needle. Could have happened to anybody of us when doing 10 injections each day.

  29. #29
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I understand now. Sorry.
    Man the top dogs really got u good mate. Dont even dare to fart anymore. Lol. Cmon man. Beeing baned isnt the end of the world. Rolling like this and saying sorry for beein u in every post and telling everybody this is the best site in ever 3 post, is just.....puke.

    Here are u, a though bullrider who works high in the air and does a sollid piece of work and armed with hard muscles aswell, acting like a trained poodle.

  30. #30
    boisebeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I understand now. Sorry.
    No problem! I clearly did a bad job communicating my thoughts in the first place

  31. #31
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:31 PM.

  32. #32
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Man the top dogs really got u good mate. Dont even dare to fart anymore. Lol. Cmon man. Beeing baned isnt the end of the world. Rolling like this and saying sorry for beein u in every post and telling everybody this is the best site in ever 3 post, is just.....puke.

    Here are u, a though bullrider who works high in the air and does a sollid piece of work and armed with hard muscles aswell, acting like a trained poodle.
    You have an indomitable attitude but its show. I am the lion you speak of when you say "better to live a day as a lion than a hundred years a pussy"
    You need to understand what having a real circle on here is like. A member on here sent me two bottles of test for free because he heard me complaining about feeling terrible waiting on my trt order. When you actually show respect to those that deserve it and contribute this is the best forum on earth and the greatest social media site for me that there is.

    Why do you try to stir shit? You think outside the box you think? No, you detrement anyone reaching out with your tough guy bullshit.

    I am not following anyone on here. I do perk my fucking ears up when marcus speaks to me directly or many others such as kelkel, musclescience, and others. They actually give input trying to help rather than to perpetuate a facade of being something they are not. You are just another human sil.

  33. #33
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post

    You have an indomitable attitude but its show. I am the lion you speak of when you say "better to live a day as a lion than a hundred years a pussy"
    You need to understand what having a real circle on here is like. A member on here sent me two bottles of test for free because he heard me complaining about feeling terrible waiting on my trt order. When you actually show respect to those that deserve it and contribute this is the best forum on earth and the greatest social media site for me that there is.

    Why do you try to stir shit? You think outside the box you think? No, you detrement anyone reaching out with your tough guy bullshit.

    I am not following anyone on here. I do perk my fucking ears up when marcus speaks to me directly or many others such as kelkel, musclescience, and others. They actually give input trying to help rather than to perpetuate a facade of being something they are not. You are just another human sil.
    Enough of this shit. Trying to get both of us baned?
    Back to OP.
    I think aslong as BP and heartbeat is ok, your failed cholestrol hasnt done much damage. Whats your nongoogle thoughts on that matter obs?

  34. #34
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Enough of this shit. Trying to get both of us baned?
    Back to OP.
    I think aslong as BP and heartbeat is ok, your failed cholestrol hasnt done much damage. Whats your nongoogle thoughts on that matter obs?
    Hold on, let me google it.

  35. #35
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote from pubmed, "Silabolin is a jackass" -end quote.

  36. #36
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Quote from pubmed, "Silabolin is a jackass" -end quote.
    Reported.
    Obs likes this.

  37. #37
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Reported.
    Vagina.

  38. #38
    hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    193
    ....
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •