• 1 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By Schwarzenegger
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By xTyson
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG

Thread: Infection after pinned: how to avoid this ?

Slacker78 is offline Member

Exclamation Infection after pinned: how to avoid this ?

Hi guys, this is the second time i got an infection when pinning in deltoids with - and only - Test Enanthate 250mg/1ML ( pharmaceutical grade, i got it in pharmacy as i've a friend that is the owner of pharmacy ! ). This is more dense than nandrolone and tren acetate that i used which never got issues with them even i injected them in my deltoids.

I injected test enanth. 250mg/1ML with sterile syringe and a 21G needle, enough in depth in muscle, using a good enough disinfectant before and after; after pinned, no problem. after 24 hours i begin to feel a light pain in the deltoid; as the time pass, the pain increase and the area starts to be stiff and a redness and swelling appear in the bicep muscle... it seems i got a great bicep like when i train it

My range motion start to decrease and i've difficulty to raise the arm without pain... this is a clear sign of inner infection. For my experience, i start taking antibiotic ( amoxcillin i prefer ) and within 2 days, all return to normal.

I've read a lot of threads about a best practices to avoid these problems, and the only thing i got in my mind is that i injected too much quickly the gear ( around 15 secs per ML ).

Question: what does cause infection if the product is a pharmaceutical grade and i use all sterile stuff ? How could be the oil if it's too much dense as test enanth. and i inject it too much quickly inside the muscle, lead to an infection after a some day ?

I hope someone could give some good tip it about and how to lower the risk this could be happen another time... i cannot take always antibiotic and risk to stop for 3-4 days by my training.

Thank you so much, guys.
    Last edited by Slacker78; 05-27-2017 at 01:59 PM.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I highly doubt you had an infection either time if you used disinfectant and sterile gear, as you claimed. It is extremely rare to get an infection when safe practices are used. Most people who think they have all infection don't, even though the signs are similar. The only way for you to know you had an infection is if a Dr told you, or you had a discharge of puss. Cellulitis is much more common, and being that you used an antibiotic, it would go away because they are used to treat cellulitis as well. Infections certainly can happen, but I can't stress enough how difficult it is to get one. Think about junkies that IV drugs 5-10 times a day. That's every single day. So 5 shots a day at 365 days is a whole lot more than we do. And you know they don't use the same precautions as us. They do get infections, but even for them it's not common. For is to get infections regularly, we would have to not didinfect, use the same needle multiple times, use unsterile gear (or gear that is something different than we think).
    Using a 21g needle will cause a bigger hole, so that's another thing. But I think you're fine and are assuming an infection when it's not. I've had cellulitis on several occasions due to pinning, and it's not a pleasant experience. I've been in so much pain that I considered going to the ER.
    KINGKONG likes this.

And why are you using a 21g needle anyways? That's a really big needle to be injecting into the delts.

xTyson is offline Junior Member
    Sounds more like PIP. Maybe use a 23g or 25g instead? Gear should be fine if it's directly from the pharmacy. I

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I highly doubt you had an infection either time if you used disinfectant and sterile gear, as you claimed. It is extremely rare to get an infection when safe practices are used. Most people who think they have all infection don't, even though the signs are similar. The only way for you to know you had an infection is if a Dr told you, or you had a discharge of puss. Cellulitis is much more common, and being that you used an antibiotic, it would go away because they are used to treat cellulitis as well. Infections certainly can happen, but I can't stress enough how difficult it is to get one. Think about junkies that IV drugs 5-10 times a day. That's every single day. So 5 shots a day at 365 days is a whole lot more than we do. And you know they don't use the same precautions as us. They do get infections, but even for them it's not common. For is to get infections regularly, we would have to not didinfect, use the same needle multiple times, use unsterile gear (or gear that is something different than we think).
    Using a 21g needle will cause a bigger hole, so that's another thing. But I think you're fine and are assuming an infection when it's not. I've had cellulitis on several occasions due to pinning, and it's not a pleasant experience. I've been in so much pain that I considered going to the ER.
    I agree..infections with oil based gear are rare ime ..my guess is the huge hole in your delt is more the issue..use 25, esp for delts..
    PT1982 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I agree..infections with oil based gear are rare ime ..my guess is the huge hole in your delt is more the issue..use 25, esp for delts..
    Yes. A 21g in the delts sounds horrifying!

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I use 23g on every site, some are way less comfortable than others. I go nice and slow, .25ml then wait 5 long seconds then another .25 then wait and repeat too it's all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    I use 23g on every site, some are way less comfortable than others. I go nice and slow, .25ml then wait 5 long seconds then another .25 then wait and repeat too it's all in.
    That's something about a 21g that I really don't like. A lot of oil or water could be dumped into the muscle at a rapid rate. Something I think would also be something to consider with pain. I use a 25g to ensure a slow and steady pace.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    That's something about a 21g that I really don't like. A lot of oil or water could be dumped into the muscle at a rapid rate. Something I think would also be something to consider with pain. I use a 25g to ensure a slow and steady pace.
    I don't even mind pain but sticking a huge needle into my body when I could use one much smaller doesn't make sense ..21 gauge is the size of Ice pick lol we used to use them back when I was young and we didn't know better..the amount of scar tissue with a bigger pin is also something that builds up over time..my 25 takes less than a minute to drain with 3cc in it..I don't mind that..
    PT1982 likes this.

mietek is offline Member
    use syringe filters

I don't even mind pain but sticking a huge needle into my body when I could use one much smaller doesn't make sense ..21 gauge is the size of Ice pick lol we used to use them back when I was young and we didn't know better..the amount of scar tissue with a bigger pin is also something that builds up over time..my 25 takes less than a minute to drain with 3cc in it..I don't mind that..
    Lol. I know. I use a 21g to filter and stir. I wouldn't want any part of it myself. Maybe I'm a wuss, but I don't think we're alone in this.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mietek View Post
    use syringe filters
    Lol, why? He's using pharmaceutical grade. If he needed to filter that, I'd have a wad of cash from the lawsuit on Watson or whoever.

Ok guys, thank you. But you told about cellulitis. Cellulitis, if it responds to antibiotic, i presume it's infectious or not ? if the caused it not infectious, what could it be ? The needle is too big, ok... i should have just a pain for several day... but as i told, there's no just pain... but stiffness, swelling and redness which spread down to bicep. Now it's returning all to normal without pain... so no bacteria infection... and what could cause this issue ???

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    I highly doubt you had an infection either time if you used disinfectant and sterile gear, as you claimed. It is extremely rare to get an infection when safe practices are used. Most people who think they have all infection don't, even though the signs are similar. The only way for you to know you had an infection is if a Dr told you, or you had a discharge of puss. Cellulitis is much more common, and being that you used an antibiotic, it would go away because they are used to treat cellulitis as well. Infections certainly can happen, but I can't stress enough how difficult it is to get one. Think about junkies that IV drugs 5-10 times a day. That's every single day. So 5 shots a day at 365 days is a whole lot more than we do. And you know they don't use the same precautions as us. They do get infections, but even for them it's not common. For is to get infections regularly, we would have to not didinfect, use the same needle multiple times, use unsterile gear (or gear that is something different than we think). Using a 21g needle will cause a bigger hole, so that's another thing. But I think you're fine and are assuming an infection when it's not. I've had cellulitis on several occasions due to pinning, and it's not a pleasant experience. I've been in so much pain that I considered going to the ER.
    Cellulitis is an infection FYI lol. And junkies get cellulitis i.e. An infection all the time. I've worked in an ER. Most drug users don't seek treatment but it still is a common occurrence in IV drug users.

Although infections from gear are pretty rare, it sounds like an infection. Warmth, redness, fever, pain at site. As far as the pus comment, pus doesn't necessarily have to be leaking out for there to be an infection. Pus can build up inside tissue and be walled off by inflammatory markers and macrophages, etc.

In the ER given the patient's story and clinical signs, they would give him abx and send him on his way. as far as the cause of infection, who knows. Improper technique, contamination of gear, esp If gotten from a compounding pharmacy, or not switching of injection sites and continual injection in the same spot and not allowing enough time between injections for gear to dissipate. All of these could be possible as well as other things. No way to know for sure unfortunately. .
    Slacker78 likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I seen guys use these insane needle sizes & I still have no clue what their issue is.

I use a 21ga to draw - that shit looks huge

Now I only use a 25ga to shoot

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Test flu?

xTyson is offline Junior Member
    Could always refilter the gear into a sterile vial, try again and see if that changes anything. I would change pin size to 23 or 25g
    Slacker78 likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree that changing to a 25 to inject will make a difference. The only source of contamination That I do not remember being covered was the wiping of to top of the vial
    Slacker78 likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Its probably not infection.

Its the reaction of a small muscle to the BA, BB and ester.

Try injecting 0,5ml in each side deltoid, or just inject deep in ventro glute and you will have no problems.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Its probably not infection.

Its the reaction of a small muscle to the BA, BB and ester.

Try injecting 0,5ml in each side deltoid, or just inject deep in ventro glute and you will have no problems.
    Hello my dear guru

Off-topic: could i mix Tren Acetate and Test Enanth. getting 2ML of gear and injecting them in a thigh ? I prefer a big muscle as it well known for a large amount of gear, but it could be problem to mix the 2 compounds even if they are different esters ? I would prefer to do not do too much holes in my muscles ...
    Last edited by Slacker78; 05-29-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    Off-topic: could i mix Tren Acetate and Test Enanth. getting 2ML of gear and injecting them in a thigh ? I prefer a big muscle as it well known for a large amount of gear, but it could be problem to mix the 2 compounds even if they are different esters ? I would prefer to do not do too much holes in my muscles ...
    It's not a problem to mix any compounds no matter the ester..
    Slacker78 likes this.

MToption2 is offline Associate Member
    It's not a problem to mix any compounds no matter the ester..
    Isn't this guy an advanced gear user?? Weird to be asking that kind of question given his physique.

Anyways, 30g needle with 1cc oil to SHOOT works for me any muscle group. I don't understand the desire to go any lower..
    Last edited by MToption2; 05-29-2017 at 12:42 PM.

sumpm1 is offline New Member
    If you do not have a fever, it is doubtful that you have an infection. The pain you refer to is not a sign of infection! The oil is a foreign substance, and your body responds to it, and you have added 1ml of volume to a small muscle (delt). I have had swelling and redness and hotness and pain, none of these were infections! Again, no fever, no infection.

You have to learn what sites are good for you for injection. According to what you have said, the delt is not a good site for you with this compound. Try quads, try glutes.

I inject into the quads using insulin syringes. I use high concentration gear (homebrewed) at 350mg/ml so that I can keep using small insulin pins and can still get all the gear in. Higher dosage (generally) means higher pain. And even after doing this for over a year, I still get injection pain for 2-3 days afterwards.

When I tried injecting into delts, they swelled and were painful and red like you said, and I couldn't train delts; my experience was the same as yours, using test-e. So try a new site.

And since you said that the pain swelling and redness is traveling down to the bicep, this makes me wonder. You said you were going deep enough. With the delt you shouldn't have to go very deep to enter the muscle, so it would be pretty hard NOT to go deep enough with delts. So either 1. you are going too deep and the oil is traveling afterwards 2. perhaps you aren't going deep enough and the oil is traveling, 3. you are injecting too fast and the oil is seeping back out of the muscle and traveling, 4. the muscle just won't hold all that oil and is pushing the oil out of the muscle and traveling, 5. you are missing the delt belly and are injecting into the connective tissue (bicep ties in there!)
    Last edited by sumpm1; 06-01-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Thread Information