• 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Lee_1978
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By OG_Hoagie

Thread: Health Problems while running AAS

hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member

Health Problems while running AAS

Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    Has anyone on this site ever had any serious health issues personally while running AAS? Just curious.
    ED and anorgasmia. Crash after cycle has brought on depression before. High blood pressure (high) and increased heart rate.
    I love gear.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Of course. Probably most of us. Back before the use of an AI was commonplace especially. I'm sure we had high estrogen levels, which is probably the worst thing for a man. We always hear from people who are always worried about gyno, but the side effects you don't see or feel. Not to mention how bad cholesterol can get while blasting, or cruising for that matter. Cholesterol is the one I worry about the most. And there is often issues with blood pressure. So the sides you don't see or feel are usually the ones that can be detrimental to ones health, hence why bloodwork is so important.
    Last edited by PT1982; 05-27-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Obs and DocToxin8 like this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Has anyone on this site ever had any serious health issues personally while running AAS? Just curious.
    Nothing serious i think. Ive done over 20 cycles without anchis. Anadrol also. And tren . But never more than 1 g and orals. Superdrol. Sarms , peptides. ..
    That i do know is hdl in low 20s, BP 180/100 at the top, breathing problemes and borderhigh ALAT 5 weeks after. But it always fade back in line.
    As we speak, in the age of 46 all values are in range. Also heartbeat.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    AAS have uncovered existing issues for me. Major kidneystone causing e coli infection. Went unnoticed during physicals because it was thin like two quarter dollars on side and diameter larger than golf ball. Took a shot of gear midcycle and passed the F out. Woke up 4 days later in hospital. I would have lived with that stone causing health issues for 20 years if not for AAS.

Worst thing AAS has done to me is depression.
    Obs and PT1982 like this.

michael30 is offline Member
    Its not spoken about much on this forum. But it needs to be. I am also on a forum that is very high level( multiple ifbb pros)and national competitors. In recent years there has been several deaths and heart issues. Was aas solely responsible? We will never know. Was it a contributing factor, most likely! ( most were pretty heavy users) some good safe guards you can use is. Use small-moderate dosages, for short-moderate lengths of time. Monitor/keep blood pressure low, keep cholesterol in a healthy range, keep blood sugar low & a1c low, get blood work regularly. Optional- Use supplements that can help keep you healthy- just examples of afew (baby aspirin, krill oil, cq10, curcumin, inject b12, probiotic,vitamin c, magnesium, vit D, citrus bergamot, grape seed extract-anti cancer, boswellia serrata, natto kinase, NAC) most on this forum, myself included like to look good and hopefully be healthy. But please don't fool yourself and think there are no consequences to what we do. Just be smart.
    Last edited by michael30; 05-30-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    DocToxin8 and Quester like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Nothing serious i think. Ive done over 20 cycles without anchis. Anadrol also. And tren . But never more than 1 g and orals. Superdrol. Sarms , peptides. ..
    That i do know is hdl in low 20s, BP 180/100 at the top, breathing problemes and borderhigh ALAT 5 weeks after. But it always fade back in line.
    As we speak, in the age of 46 all values are in range. Also heartbeat.

Not to point out the obvious, but blood pressure of 180/100 is serious. You stated that you've ran 20+ cycles. The average user cycles 3-4 months. So that equals the equivalent of having very high blood pressure for 5 to 6 and a half years straight of your life.(1/8 of your life) Which is a little scary when you look at it that( not to mention cholesterol levels being out of whack, and liver being stressed for that 5-6 year time frame as well) I am not picking on you by any means. I think we all forget this stuff does add up. Weither we want to admit it or not. If you add that to genetic issues( like family heart disease, etc) it could be a potential disaster) especially in the long run.
    Last edited by michael30; 05-30-2017 at 06:33 PM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin
    Nothing serious i think. Ive done over 20 cycles without anchis. Anadrol also. And tren. But never more than 1 g and orals. Superdrol. Sarms, peptides. .. That i do know is hdl in low 20s, BP 180/100 at the top, breathing problemes and borderhigh ALAT 5 weeks after. But it always fade back in line. As we speak, in the age of 46 all values are in range. Also heartbeat.
    Damn Sil 180/100 is serious shit. I'm surprised you are still walking.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Well shit, I am a miracle then...

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    One run on tren I hit 200/180. Doc wouldn't let me leave his office till what he gave me brought it down. I wound up in the er the next morning and admitted for two days. Not good.
    DocToxin8, PT1982, NACH3 and 2 others like this.

You guys have me running to check my BP! I get nervous when I get in the upper 130's.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    You guys have me running to check my BP! I get nervous when I get in the upper 130's.
    That was before I was diagnosed with polycythemia. Thick blood. If I donate regular I'm gtg. Yes I can donate I don't have the jack 3 type.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    One run on tren I hit 200/180. Doc wouldn't let me leave his office till what he gave me brought it down. I wound up in the er the next morning and admitted for two days. Not good.
    My future...

CALLMEOCT is offline Associate Member
    Blood pressure, balls shrinking, thats it so far for me and my experience.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by CALLMEOCT View Post
    Blood pressure, balls shrinking, thats it so far for me and my experience.
    I forgot shrinkage

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke
    I forgot shrinkage
    even with hCG ?

Obs
    even with hCG?
    Yes even with hcg . Dose every 3.5 days and never do weekly injections. I never had a prob until i swithed to once a week dosage. When i did I could literally feel my balls turning on and of. It was like someone squeezing my balls at day 5 each week.
    Hcg is a godsend.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Its not so much the high blood pressure, its high BP for long periods that really destroys your body internally. It is called the "silent killer" for a reason. I use to not worry about my high blood pressure. Now I take it very seriously. I currently take a medication for high BP called telmisartan ( micardis) that I think all bodybuilders with high blood pressure should consider being on. Telmisartan besides lowering BP also reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. It improves insulin sensitivity ( which is important to us bodybuilders), it enhances mitochondrial activity/function and endothelial function( which is beneficial to our heart) also in the newest research it indicates that telmisartan may also help control body weight by increasing the utilization of fat as energy. It also protects against arterial occlusion. So for those with high blood pressure I would recommend looking into it.
    DocToxin8 and NACH3 like this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think alot of people already have health issues but they become apparent through AAS. I'm not saying that AAS doesn't cause health problems because they can and do..
    Nogbad the bad and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    I think alot of people already have health issues but they become apparent through AAS. I'm not saying that AAS doesn't cause health problems because they can and do..

I agree with your post. Unfortunately I think to many guys think there are no side effects to running AAS. Don't get me wrong, if your under 40, running low to moderate doses for reasonable times and taking your support supps and doing blood work. Odds are you will be perfectly fine. Its the high dose, long term users, or older(40+-especially over 50) that are at the most risk. As long as your smart and don't have family history issues or genetic defects. You should be OK.
    Obs likes this.

transilvania is offline Junior Member
    Heart attack week 12 in my susta tren e cycle
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by transilvania View Post
    Heart attack week 12 in my susta tren e cycle
    Fine! You win!
    Quester likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    20+ years of using AAS off and on and I have never had any serious health problems due to AAS/HGH use.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    From doing Tren just once? Geez, that is worrying.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978 View Post
    From doing Tren just once? Geez, that is worrying.
    No! That mans ass has seen more tren than U.S. customs!
    And by one run he probably meant one gallon.
    Last edited by Obs; 06-05-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Too-$mall likes this.

OG_Hoagie is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    ..Not to mention how bad cholesterol can get while blasting, or cruising for that matter. Cholesterol is the one I worry about the most... hence why bloodwork is so important.
    Myth.

Over the many years of test usage, and reg bloods.. my hdl and ldl as well as total lipid values have tanked. Test lowers cholesterol bud. Get that blood work done and start eating clean.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by OG_Hoagie View Post
    Myth.

Over the many years of test usage, and reg bloods.. my hdl and ldl as well as total lipid values have tanked. Test lowers cholesterol bud. Get that blood work done and start eating clean.
    Oh shit... You just started a war...
    mahfuz33 likes this.

OG_Hoagie is offline New Member
    Yea, that may have come off sounding a lil douchey... no intention tho.

I've been running test a long time. During heavy runs, my HDL and LDL both go waaaaay down. I have a very knowledgeable, trt friendly pc that pulls my bloods. He's told me many times, the test will do this. Current levels are 18 hdl, 12 Ldl. Excellent in his words.

I hate to see this old myth still being passed along. If you eat properly, (clean).. you shouldn't be experiencing elevated levels.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    I need to check my bloods soon. I have been eating terrible.

Thread Information