Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Trenbolone and Serotonin

hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member

Trenbolone and Serotonin

Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:23 PM.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodundead2016 View Post
    I am currently just running test. I've come off all other steroids. BUT I was just wondering if trenbolone lowers the serotonin in your body and prevents you from making more while on it. Ive read about it doing that on other forums. I had some near suicide experiences after running it at 200 mg/wk (ace) for over 1 year straight and yes i know that was stupid lol. im taking 5htp everyday now and am finally starting to feel better. what can be done to counter the effects of tren on serotonin? i do NOT want to take an ssri antidepressant. i never have and i hopefully never will.
    Certainly hear a lot of anectdotal evidence of tren causing psychological sides, but I haven't ever seen anyone post a study and find nothing in an article search.
    I am not a fan of 5-HTP but I don't tolerate much in the way of stuff that effects the serotonin or CNS for that matter (gets sides from melatonin with restless legs, feel weird with L-tryptophan and 5-HTP, etc.).

I did see a Harvard research letter years ago about a study on depression that showed incredible efficacy with patients who were dosed on fish oil (omega 3 with high EPA) at 12g/d. But I cannot locate that article. The only thing I find is a bit vague but does have a small bit of evidence regarding fish oils.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids | PsychEducation

I would think that once tren is removed the side effects if truly dealing with serotonin would abate unless there is real long term use.

MToption2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Certainly hear a lot of anectdotal evidence of tren causing psychological sides, but I haven't ever seen anyone post a study and find nothing in an article search.
    I am not a fan of 5-HTP but I don't tolerate much in the way of stuff that effects the serotonin or CNS for that matter (gets sides from melatonin with restless legs, feel weird with L-tryptophan and 5-HTP, etc.).

I did see a Harvard research letter years ago about a study on depression that showed incredible efficacy with patients who were dosed on fish oil (omega 3 with high EPA) at 12g/d. But I cannot locate that article. The only thing I find is a bit vague but does have a small bit of evidence regarding fish oils.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids | PsychEducation

I would think that once tren is removed the side effects if truly dealing with serotonin would abate unless there is real long term use.
    I don't think fish oil is the answer..

What's your problem with ssri? Are you too good for it or...? If you'd rather suffer, that's on you.

SSRE is an option. Tianeptine/Stablon works for some SSRI resistant people.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Everything should re stabilize now that you are off.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am currently just running test. I've come off all other steroids. BUT I was just wondering if trenbolone lowers the serotonin in your body and prevents you from making more while on it. Ive read about it doing that on other forums. I had some near suicide experiences after running it at 200 mg/wk (ace) for over 1 year straight and yes i know that was stupid lol. im taking 5htp everyday now and am finally starting to feel better. what can be done to counter the effects of tren on serotonin? i do NOT want to take an ssri antidepressant. i never have and i hopefully never will.
    The nervous system is the most complex shit in the universe and "levels of serotonin" don't really mean that much - how the many receptors available (the most important being 5-HT1 and 5-HT2a and 2c) are regulated matters.

Considering your symptoms, you would probably benefit more from a short run of second generation antipsychotics.

Or, stick with your 5-HTP if that makes you feel better and stay away from Tren . It shouldn't be that hard, right?
    PT1982 likes this.

Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've heard tren passes through the blood behind barrier and thus is thought to cause long term damage to the brain. I'm not sure about serotonin but maybe it could have an effect on allopregnanolone which is why people get restless or even anxious

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post

I've heard tren passes through the blood behind barrier and thus is thought to cause long term damage to the brain. I'm not sure about serotonin but maybe it could have an effect on allopregnanolone which is why people get restless or even anxious
    Any steroid can enter the brain.

In another thread I claimed BS on that one chinese study showing neurodegeneration from Tren . Not sure where it is though.

I doubt it can have any effect on allo. Finasteride in that context should be much more harsh because the 5-AR is required for allo synthesis in the brain.

Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 06-09-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information