Nephets is offline Senior Member

Question on estrogen

I was curious about something. The standard first cycle protocol has a man taking an AI the day after the first shot. If test takes a while to build up and AI works fairly quickly, is their any risk of tanking your own estrogen in the first couple weeks.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I would start right away. It takes a few weeks to level out but your test will peak about 4 hours after injecting

Just because it takes several weeks for the test to reach peak concentration doesn't mean that your test levels won't be higher in the first week or two.
    Therefore you should take an AI from the beginning.

Thanks for the information. I was just reading somewhere about a guy who couldn't stay hard a week after starting 500wk or test with the standard .25 arimidex every second day. Someone said tanked E and it was something I never considered.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Thanks for the information. I was just reading somewhere about a guy who couldn't stay hard a week after starting 500wk or test with the standard .25 arimidex every second day. Someone said tanked E and it was something I never considered.
    A half dosage of anastrozole 0.125mg every three days is plenty for me on a heavy cycle.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A week? Try a year! Why bother about eventual suboptimal functioning when it's transitory and short lived?

Im not sure why. Just a part of this whole puzzle I haven't considered.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im not sure why. Just a part of this whole puzzle I haven't considered.
    Never had a problem with erections, ever,ever..my libido has been low on high doses AI bloodwork is really a must to figure out optimal levels,but like Ob said starting with a really low dose .125 or .25 e3d isn't a bad idea..

RussianSpets is offline New Member
    Odd question

Asking for a friend

Why does testosterone to estrogen such a concern? Does it mean you wont have good levels of test or will the estrogen conversion cause gyno or permanent health issues?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianSpets
    Odd question Asking for a friend Why does testosterone to estrogen such a concern? Does it mean you wont have good levels of test or will the estrogen conversion cause gyno or permanent health issues?
    yes elevated estrogen can cause other health issues

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianSpets View Post
    Odd question

Asking for a friend

Why does testosterone to estrogen such a concern? Does it mean you wont have good levels of test or will the estrogen conversion cause gyno or permanent health issues?
    Elevated Estrogen can cause some vwry serous side of effects one of which is increased risk of a heart attack

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianSpets View Post
    Odd question

Asking for a friend

Estrogen is a functional anti-androgen. We men indeed some to function normally, but an excess will prevent receptors from upregulating, and that means whatever aas you cycle it won't work as it should, and mostly important, it can wreak havoc on your CV system.

Gyno is kind of a rare manifestation and not an index of what's going on internally.

Thread Information