Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Marcus G

Thread: What does Anabolic Index mean to me?

50kRunner is offline New Member

What does Anabolic Index mean to me?

So I've seen some posters mention the anabolic index of some steroids , but I can't really find a practical explanation of what it is and what it means to me. I can find the technical definition...

"relates the ratio of anabolic to androgenic response for a given steroid . An anabolic index greater than one indicates a higher tendency for anabolic effect, and therefore classifies the drug as an anabolic steroid. A measure lower than one in turn assesses the steroid as androgenic"

So I see that Tren has an anabolic index of 500%. Anavar 's is 400%. Anybody out there know how to use these numbers and why I should care about them?

Thanks!

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kRunner View Post
    So I've seen some posters mention the anabolic index of some steroids , but I can't really find a practical explanation of what it is and what it means to me. I can find the technical definition...

"relates the ratio of anabolic to androgenic response for a given steroid . An anabolic index greater than one indicates a higher tendency for anabolic effect, and therefore classifies the drug as an anabolic steroid. A measure lower than one in turn assesses the steroid as androgenic"

So I see that Tren has an anabolic index of 500%. Anavar 's is 400%. Anybody out there know how to use these numbers and why I should care about them?

Thanks!
    The anabolic index is used to determine how anabolic to androgenic steroids are. They are all compared to testosterone which has a rating of 100:100. The index can suggest how potent they are in relation to muscle building and side effects, But don't be fooled by thinking the higher the index leads to better results an example of this would be halotestin that has an anabolic rating of 1900 and an androgenic rating of around 800 (I'll have to double check lol) but doesn't build alot of muscle where as Trenbolone that has a ratio of 500:500 does. So in response to your question it shouldn't mean much to you and most people (including myself) largely dismiss it.
    Last edited by Marcus G; 06-15-2017 at 04:42 AM.

^^^^ Well said

Thread Information