• 1 Post By 600@50
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier

Thread: does anyone else feel like they dont grow on a cycle

Heavyhitter5 is offline Associate Member

does anyone else feel like they dont grow on a cycle

this might seem really funny to some people. but when I'm on a cycle I always feel like I'm not getting big when everybody else is telling me I am. just wondering if anybody else has this problem lmao.

CALLMEOCT is offline Associate Member
    If your not gaining weight up your calorie intake and keep it on track. If you are gaining weight weekly then you are def. growing :P!

In my case, im on week 4 of Test E and i see myself the same as i was at day1; but everyone says im bigger than ever with huge traps and stuff like that; i dont see it, but they do. weird..

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Body dysmorphia its a real thing and most of us who take this path in life have it, I got up to 240lbs im 5'10 people all around me are like damn bro youre huge but I dont see myself that way I feel small still and rarely see myself in the mirror the way others do, but there is that rare occassion i catch myself in the mirror and am like holy shit lol

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    A bodybuilder told me once "the day you start bodybuilding you are forever small in the mirror"
    I will look in the mirror in the morning and think how little and twiggy I look then 6 hours later I will be at the gym and think I am making good progress 8 hours after that I will look in mirror before bed and think to myself what a fat ass I have become.

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    A bodybuilder told me once "the day you start bodybuilding you are forever small in the mirror"
    I will look in the mirror in the morning and think how little and twiggy I look then 6 hours later I will be at the gym and think I am making good progress 8 hours after that I will look in mirror before bed and think to myself what a fat ass I have become.
    Exactly this lol

ok so I'm not the only one lol. yea I always get look how big your traps are bro. I know its working its just you kinda don't notice it that much cause your always lookin in the mirror I guess. off topic. the best thing to do on a cycle is getting laid oh and getting laid. the girl thinks I'm a freak now lol

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like to take pics in the mirror every couple weeks, good way to track progress

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel like I see the most growth in the 1-3 weeks after my cycle, I do see progress while on blast but it's usually right when I come off i feel it's most noticeable

Could be a mental thing

I agree body dysmorphia is real

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Lmao at this thread!

I come and go, I see a squirrel, I think what the hell is wrong with me I should just quit and be a little bitch.
    Then something happens in the beautiful balance of chemicals in me and I get that hard pumped feeling and I look in the mirror and see a beast, f****** m************ beast.
    Its an emotional thing mind plays tricks.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Lmao at this thread!

I come and go, I see a squirrel, I think what the hell is wrong with me I should just quit and be a little bitch.
    Then something happens in the beautiful balance of chemicals in me and I get that hard pumped feeling and I look in the mirror and see a beast, f****** m************ beast.
    Its an emotional thing mind plays tricks.
    Squirrels can be intimidating, bustin nuts all day long like nobody's business
    geezuschrist and Obs like this.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    Body dysmorphia its a real thing and most of us who take this path in life have it
    This is so true.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    Squirrels can be intimidating, bustin nuts all day long like nobody's business
    Yes, but if squirrels were the size of horses they would be the top of the food chain.
    Giant 1200lb terror rats, bending trees over in a 100 yd. leap, falling through peoples roofs and putting planters out of business. Imagine a 1200lb squirrel barking...
    geezuschrist likes this.

JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    A lot of it has to do with the angles and lighting to which your looking yourself in the mirror. I would be in my bathroom and say WTF I'm not growing the lighting is on the wall and not the ceiling otherwise known as vanity lighting, then in one of rooms where I have my own gym the bedroom light I can see progress, and the lights are on the ceiling. So lighting and angles.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    Body dysmorphia its a real thing and most of us who take this path in life have it, I got up to 240lbs im 5'10 people all around me are like damn bro youre huge but I dont see myself that way I feel small still and rarely see myself in the mirror the way others do, but there is that rare occassion i catch myself in the mirror and am like holy shit lol
    Exactly..perspective is a crazy thing

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Its called muscle dysmorphia (BIGOREXIA) VERY common is bodybuilders.

JoeyToronto is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    Its called muscle dysmorphia (BIGOREXIA) VERY common is bodybuilders.
    I've only been doing weights for 2 years, still lots more to improve on of course especially my arms and shoulders. But I get ridiculed at work and don't know if they're serious or not, saying my arms look like strings and "You lift Q-tips, not weights", from one co-worker. Which actually motivates me even more. And the ridicule is coming from someone who doesn't work out.lol

yea bro 2 years is nothing. I remember those days a long time ago. bodybuilding is a vicious cycle lol. the gains is what keeps everybody goin

JoeyToronto is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhitter5 View Post
    yea bro 2 years is nothing. I remember those days a long time ago. bodybuilding is a vicious cycle lol. the gains is what keeps everybody goin
    True, gains is what keeps most going, others give up. The results and how I feel about myself is what motivates me, which keeps me going.

Yes, at 2 years I already want those 17.5" inches when flexed and according to sources that's my ideal size to look proportionate, I have naturally thin arms. And I want to those grapefruit shoulders.

Back and chest comes easy for me and I'm sure others as they're the biggest muscles. It's the small muscles that need a lot of work.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    For me I lost this issue with two items

Insulin + Proper meal TIMES surrounding the actual workout.

It is amazing how glucose replenishment aided by insulin is. Makes size issues almost disappear. My two cents. As far as mirrors I leave them to women lol.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyToronto View Post
    I've only been doing weights for 2 years, still lots more to improve on of course especially my arms and shoulders. But I get ridiculed at work and don't know if they're serious or not, saying my arms look like strings and "You lift Q-tips, not weights", from one co-worker. Which actually motivates me even more. And the ridicule is coming from someone who doesn't work out.lol
    Haters gonnna hate
    Bitches gonnna bitch
    You are doing it right when the haters come out
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Haters gonnna hate
    Bitches gonnna bitch
    You are doing it right when the haters come out
    And you know you are doing something when they hate.

Thread Information