Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: I'm back

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

I'm back

I'm back from a nasty rotator cuff injury that required two surgeries.

My goal is now to go back to where I was before and then some. Diet harder and pending my docs appointment on the 17th I should have a clean bill of health.

Not to newbies, don't think steroids are the answer, I'm going to go a long time natural before I return.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Welcome back Honkey, hope recovery is swift
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

My goal is now to go back to where I was before and then some. Diet harder and pending my docs appointment on the 17th I should have a clean bill of health.

Not to newbies, don't think steroids are the answer, I'm going to go a long time natural before I return.
    Dang, glad you are on the mend, Honk! How much PT did you do post surgery?
    Been dealing with funky shoulder issues myself but I don't think my RC is damaged. Seems to be lots of scar tissue and adhesions so far. Went Thursday and the chiro/physio scraped my l. shoulder and l. pec, both traps and my neck. Going back today to have the r. shoulder and pec done, my lats, and posterior serratus. Once I have the shoulders squared away, I believe I will ask her to have a go at my hamstrings.
    Graston work/IASTM is new to me, but seems to pretty effective for the adhesions, etc.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Damn HK, shoulders are nasty at least it was the RC and not the labrum or both... hope you have a smooth recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

I got rotator surgery last year. Took about 6 months to get back to 90% and about a year to get back to 100%. Hope you recover quickly.

Thread Information