Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dj Screw
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: T3 on cycle for those with slow metabolism?

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member

T3 on cycle for those with slow metabolism?

Hey guys.. just a thought. I usually bulk on less than the average guy because frankly I gain weight faster than most. Im very lean now dont get me wrong Im not a husky guy I have abs and all that but when I bulk I shoot for a pound a week and that may suprise you how little I eat. I try and eat 6 times a day (every 3 hours awake) but youd but those meals are petty damn small.

I was just wondering would I gain muscle faster and better if I had more nutrients in me? Im considering adding t3 to my next bulk to see if I can eat more. Good idea or no? Anyone try it?

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    Using T3 on a bulk doesn't make sense to me. If you think you are gaining too much fat cut some calories.....that's much safer and more efficient than adding T3 and messing with your Thyroid. Save your $

If you are on a cut T3 will do wonders as long as you are running enough AAS to keep your muscle.

To answer your question you will deff not gain muscle any faster or "better" with T3 on a bulk. Just adjust your diet like I said earlier if you want to gain more then eat more... or cut calories if you are getting fat.

Good luck
    ScotchGuard02 likes this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Influenced View Post
    Hey guys.. just a thought. I usually bulk on less than the average guy because frankly I gain weight faster than most. Im very lean now dont get me wrong Im not a husky guy I have abs and all that but when I bulk I shoot for a pound a week and that may suprise you how little I eat. I try and eat 6 times a day (every 3 hours awake) but youd but those meals are petty damn small.

I was just wondering would I gain muscle faster and better if I had more nutrients in me? Im considering adding t3 to my next bulk to see if I can eat more. Good idea or no? Anyone try it?
    Of course you'd gain muscle faster with more nutrients but If you add t3 it will make it harder to gain weight...

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Screw View Post
    Using T3 on a bulk doesn't make sense to me. If you think you are gaining too much fat cut some calories.....that's much safer and more efficient than adding T3 and messing with your Thyroid. Save your $

If you are on a cut T3 will do wonders as long as you are running enough AAS to keep your muscle.

To answer your question you will deff not gain muscle any faster or "better" with T3 on a bulk. Just adjust your diet like I said earlier if you want to gain more then eat more... or cut calories if you are getting fat.

Good luck
    Thanks man.. The reason I've even considered this is because I'm 30 now (not saying thats old) and when I was a bit younger I could eat everything I want but these days if I bulk the way I did when I was 23 food wise I'm gaining 5 pounds a week and believe me if I'm on cycle its still going to be a whole lot of fat slowing down the whole process. When I track my food intake I bulk at a lower number than almost everyone I see on here, for instance I see some people say they bulk on 5000-6000 calories a day. Let me tell you something I bulked on 3500 calories a day and still was gaining 5 pounds a week for the first month. I did it anyway because I was getting so strong but I REALLY regret doing it.. or at least I did as I slow cut for the past 3 months to lose 25 pounds (and maintain for the summer)

I'm not sure what is going on with my body but it basically doesnt want to stay lean. I'm around 9% body fat right now but if I start lifting and eating 3500 calories a day I swear I'd be at 20% body fat before you know it. I'm literally maintaining around 2200 calories a day no joke and not losing any size. If I eat pizza I'm dead.. I'll gain 2 pounds by the next day if I even have 3 slices. Its really crazy man.. everyone is different.. everyone has different genetics. But anyway I was considering it because of the way my body works I'm like shit.. I really wish my metabolism was faster I could actually eat big and maybe even gain faster. But if thats not the case then obviously not worth it. My ideal body (what I'm aiming at) is only maybe 15-25 pounds more lean body mass from where I'm at anyway so maybe I just should keep at it and but there maybe before next summer with visible abs if I play my cards right but I really loved the t3 while I was cutting and was considering if it could help the metabolism for my bulk.

Anyone else bulk on lower cals than most people?
    Last edited by MMA_Influenced; 07-15-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Influenced View Post
    Thanks man.. The reason I've even considered this is because I'm 30 now (not saying thats old) and when I was a bit younger I could eat everything I want but these days if I bulk the way I did when I was 23 food wise I'm gaining 5 pounds a week and believe me if I'm on cycle its still going to be a whole lot of fat slowing down the whole process. When I track my food intake I bulk at a lower number than almost everyone I see on here, for instance I see some people say they bulk on 5000-6000 calories a day. Let me tell you something I bulked on 3500 calories a day and still was gaining 5 pounds a week for the first month. I did it anyway because I was getting so strong but I REALLY regret doing it.. or at least I did as I slow cut for the past 3 months to lose 25 pounds (and maintain for the summer)

I'm not sure what is going on with my body but it basically doesnt want to stay lean. I'm around 9% body fat right now but if I start lifting and eating 3500 calories a day I swear I'd be at 20% body fat before you know it. I'm literally maintaining around 2200 calories a day no joke and not losing any size. If I eat pizza I'm dead.. I'll gain 2 pounds by the next day if I even have 3 slices. Its really crazy man.. everyone is different.. everyone has different genetics. But anyway I was considering it because of the way my body works I'm like shit.. I really wish my metabolism was faster I could actually eat big and maybe even gain faster. But if thats not the case then obviously not worth it. My ideal body (what I'm aiming at) is only maybe 15-25 pounds more lean body mass from where I'm at anyway so maybe I just should keep at it and but there maybe before next summer with visible abs if I play my cards right but I really loved the t3 while I was cutting and was considering if it could help the metabolism for my bulk.

Anyone else bulk on lower cals than most people?
    Your body metabolism might just be really slow. Start your diet from your baseline of 2200 cals. Increase your protein/fats cals by 100cals per week until you feel satisfied with your weight gain. If you want to get leaner, you could carb cycle.
    songdog likes this.

Thread Information