Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Max562
  • 2 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By yesidont
  • 1 Post By tbjake34
  • 4 Post By MuscleScience
  • 3 Post By tbjake34
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By hybridmind21
  • 1 Post By tbjake34
  • 1 Post By tbjake34
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Can I run a light cycle at 18 without irreversible side effects?

  1. #1
    hybridmind21 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4

    Question Can I run a light cycle at 18 without irreversible side effects?

    Hey guys, I've been training for over 3 years now and I'm turning 18 in about a month. I've hit a plateau in terms of strength even though I follow a solid diet and training regimen which I believe has to do with my genetics. Therefore I'm thinking of running a LIGHT (if possible) cycle of just Test and Deca solely to put on enough size for my first competition. The question I'm really concerned about is that is it possible to FULLY recover without having any long-term side-effects after just this one cycle? I don't want to be on TRT for the rest of my life/permanently damage my natural test level. Nor do I want my growth plates fusing prematurely. I've already read the article regarding steroid use for teens and the effect on HPTA however I'm just going to run this one cycle ONCE. I'm not looking to put on an insane amount of size quickly but rather looking for that anabolic "edge".

    If so, could you please tell me the dosages/PCT I'd run? Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me.
    Last edited by hybridmind21; 08-06-2017 at 04:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Short answer no.
    If you can't put on size eat more.
    If you've hit a plateau change up your work out.
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  3. #3
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,532
    Running any type of aas at your age will lead to trouble for you and it really isn't worth it read thread the young and steroids this will help you understand.
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,445
    Don't do it.
    Especially don't do a 19nor like deca or tren .
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  5. #5
    john13 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    103
    lol so you want to minimize the side effects and you want to run one of the strongest compounds?? hmmm okay budy

  6. #6
    Max562's Avatar
    Max562 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    281
    Listen to these guys...when I was your age I could put on weight and take off weight...you young your body is hitting on all cylinders now....you can do it on your own young brother...you gonna do what you want I know...because you haven't got wisdom yet...but I hate to see you look back and say to yourself I should have listened to those guys...when you get wisdom you look back and see every wrong turn you made...it's to late then...you already fucked up...just go back for seconds and you will grow


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  7. #7
    Alex87T is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6
    Pretty much the only thing you can safely use at that age is anvar and only at low doses. Doctors regularly prescribe it to young people and people with HIV or wasting syndrome to gain muscle and weight. By low dose I mean 40mg a day or less, a doctor would most likely prescribe much less if you came in malnourished and underweight. At these low doses you will gain if you are below your potential and eat well, you will be very close to known doses with medical studies to back up the side effects. Anvar is hepatoxic but at low doses will not cause any issues for healthy males. It's also not exactly suppressive since you are just maximizing your natural testosterone by stopping it from binding to SHBG which maximizes free test, over time it will slow down production since your levels will climb. But having a full blown shit down is essentially impossible since you are not adding test.

    You will not gain very much on Anvar only so it's not really worth it unless you really need to gain a few pounds. When I was in high school and college it was a pretty popular PED on the sports teams but far from something you would use bodybuilding.

  8. #8
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex87T View Post
    Pretty much the only thing you can safely use at that age is anvar and only at low doses. Doctors regularly prescribe it to young people and people with HIV or wasting syndrome to gain muscle and weight. By low dose I mean 40mg a day or less, a doctor would most likely prescribe much less if you came in malnourished and underweight. At these low doses you will gain if you are below your potential and eat well, you will be very close to known doses with medical studies to back up the side effects. Anvar is hepatoxic but at low doses will not cause any issues for healthy males. It's also not exactly suppressive since you are just maximizing your natural testosterone by stopping it from binding to SHBG which maximizes free test, over time it will slow down production since your levels will climb. But having a full blown shit down is essentially impossible since you are not adding test.

    You will not gain very much on Anvar only so it's not really worth it unless you really need to gain a few pounds. When I was in high school and college it was a pretty popular PED on the sports teams but far from something you would use bodybuilding.
    This isn't true Var will shut you down like any other form of aas! We have had a couple young guys on here in the past with ED problems after running Var only cycles.
    Capebuffalo and hybridmind21 like this.

  9. #9
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have some ocean front property in Iowa for sale

  10. #10
    yesidont's Avatar
    yesidont is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    190
    its never the same one will ahve problems other one will be ok like in normal life some ppl ale healthy and other have problems.
    ive made my firts cycle before i was 18y old then run another ones, with drinking a lot of vodka, cocaine and happy pills ( like xanax or valium to sleep after few days on white ponny ), now im 33 im healthy dont have any problems with health ... even now im on tbol, tprop and HG cycle and drinking from more than two weeks ( today is my 1st sober day ).

    All is writen in the stars and in your DNA

    good luck
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  11. #11
    Max562's Avatar
    Max562 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    281
    Just for today


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Eduke93's Avatar
    Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,056
    I believe you can run 1x cycle without any serious long term side effects, BUT... this cycle will lead to another cycle, and that cycle will lead to one more...etc... With that being said, if you want to minimise damage then keep away from deca and stick with test only. Deca can be quite harsh to recover from.

    I've cycled since the age of 18 myself, am now 24 and on TRT (Personal Choice)

  13. #13
    tbjake34's Avatar
    tbjake34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridmind21 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been training for over 3 years now and I'm turning 18 in about a month. I've hit a plateau in terms of strength even though I follow a solid diet and training regimen which I believe has to do with my genetics. Therefore I'm thinking of running a LIGHT (if possible) cycle of just Test and Deca solely to put on enough size for my first competition. The question I'm really concerned about is that is it possible to FULLY recover without having any long-term side-effects after just this one cycle? I don't want to be on TRT for the rest of my life/permanently damage my natural test level. Nor do I want my growth plates fusing prematurely. I've already read the article regarding steroid use for teens and the effect on HPTA however I'm just going to run this one cycle ONCE. I'm not looking to put on an insane amount of size quickly but rather looking for that anabolic "edge".

    If so, could you please tell me the dosages/PCT I'd run? Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me.
    Dude I ran a test only cycle 500mg when I was 17 just turned 17. I did everything exactly as I was supposed to, 10 week cycle, ran an ai. Did my pct, recovered well and kept all my gains. But i did another and another I was full juice head by 19 dude. So take it from me, don't touch gear until ur 21 at the earliest. It's not just ur body it fucks up but ur mind bro, it gets wired all wrong from having massive test leveils and othee r steroids in ur body so young. I'm honestly wayy to alpha and crazy now. And ur test levels are so high just keep training hard and eating more clean food. Push urself in the gym and wait for steroids ur too young.
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  14. #14
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Honestly there is no way of telling as everyone is different. You maybe fine and you may not be afterwords. THe problem is there are known side effects for someone your age. But it's based off of statistical numbers, all drugs have side effects and we know from the data of any drug, what percentage of people will have side effects. You might fall into the category of people who do not experience them or you may. There is no way of knowing until you take it and see.

    The real problem I see for your age is what happens after. Once you cross that threshold of AAS usage, training natural is basically gone forever. In order to make gains you will have to use again, and again and again. One major reason is that you create an artifical base. Meaning you reach a given point using drugs that as soon as you stop, you lose that base. Now if you train naturally and get to a spot and even after training and diet are spot on but you haven't put new muscle on for a couple of years. (yes years) Then you have hit your genetic base and that's when AAS is effective or is most likely produce results that are much easier to maintain or keep to some extent. Plus, even if you stop. You only fall to your baseline that was built naturally, not below. (Unless you have caused severe endocrine damage from cycling)

    The issue you have to ask yourself is this.

    1. Is one cycle going to get me to my goals
    2. Is the risk vs benefit of cycling early going to effect my future
    Health
    3. If I start early am I ok with taking these drugs forever
    4. Am I really pushing myself in the gym, resting and eating properly can I improve on this even in the slightest
    5. Do I have the commitment both financial and time wise to do what it takes to do this properly and as safe as possible
    6. What am I willing to risk to get what I desire. Am I truly going to be ok with the risk I took 3-5-10 years down the road.

    GL with your choice
    Max562, hybridmind21, Obs and 1 others like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  15. #15
    tbjake34's Avatar
    tbjake34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    969
    Good post musclescience! See he took the time to type all that ip for u man, read that and then take a few months and really thing about this. I know ur 18 and think ur grown fully and all that but ur so far from being physically mature bro ur just starting to grow. I mean if ur a freak of nature and think u have a shot at being a pro bodybuoldr or athlete then u might have a good reason. If I could go back I would have never taken gear ever.. if ur anything like me u are probably gunna cycle anyway, if that's the case stay away from deca and tren forsure. Do ur research and respect the drug, steroids are a tool a bodybuilder has if ur diet and training are shit then gear will have very very little value to u.

  16. #16
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34 View Post
    Good post musclescience! See he took the time to type all that ip for u man, read that and then take a few months and really thing about this. I know ur 18 and think ur grown fully and all that but ur so far from being physically mature bro ur just starting to grow. I mean if ur a freak of nature and think u have a shot at being a pro bodybuoldr or athlete then u might have a good reason. If I could go back I would have never taken gear ever.. if ur anything like me u are probably gunna cycle anyway, if that's the case stay away from deca and tren forsure. Do ur research and respect the drug, steroids are a tool a bodybuilder has if ur diet and training are shit then gear will have very very little value to u.
    This is incredibly important in my opinion. Have a respect for all it can do to your body, both positive AND negativite
    ghettoboyd likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  17. #17
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Honestly there is no way of telling as everyone is different. You maybe fine and you may not be afterwords. THe problem is there are known side effects for someone your age. But it's based off of statistical numbers, all drugs have side effects and we know from the data of any drug, what percentage of people will have side effects. You might fall into the category of people who do not experience them or you may. There is no way of knowing until you take it and see.

    The real problem I see for your age is what happens after. Once you cross that threshold of AAS usage, training natural is basically gone forever. In order to make gains you will have to use again, and again and again. One major reason is that you create an artifical base. Meaning you reach a given point using drugs that as soon as you stop, you lose that base. Now if you train naturally and get to a spot and even after training and diet are spot on but you haven't put new muscle on for a couple of years. (yes years) Then you have hit your genetic base and that's when AAS is effective or is most likely produce results that are much easier to maintain or keep to some extent. Plus, even if you stop. You only fall to your baseline that was built naturally, not below. (Unless you have caused severe endocrine damage from cycling)

    The issue you have to ask yourself is this.

    1. Is one cycle going to get me to my goals
    2. Is the risk vs benefit of cycling early going to effect my future
    Health
    3. If I start early am I ok with taking these drugs forever
    4. Am I really pushing myself in the gym, resting and eating properly can I improve on this even in the slightest
    5. Do I have the commitment both financial and time wise to do what it takes to do this properly and as safe as possible
    6. What am I willing to risk to get what I desire. Am I truly going to be ok with the risk I took 3-5-10 years down the road.

    GL with your choice
    #6
    It is had at th op's age to see life being any different than it is atm.
    I tell my girlfriend it is like I have lived three different lives and this fourth guy I became when my wife left is the only one I have any respect for.
    I am no one I was even two years ago.

    I will post more about this in my thread but OP really think about it. You will not be the same person in ten years. Its naturaland normal life changes and nothing to be looked down upon.
    Judging from my past this guy I am now probably wont be here at 50.
    Life changes everyone.
    Max562 and hybridmind21 like this.

  18. #18
    hybridmind21 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4
    THANK YOU ALL for the valuable information, you've really helped change my perspective on steroids . I've decided to make a somewhat intelligent decision and hold off on using gear, but this has got to be one of the most helpful communities I've ever been on. Thanks again for clearing it up for me!
    Last edited by hybridmind21; 08-07-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    MuscleScience and Capebuffalo like this.

  19. #19
    tbjake34's Avatar
    tbjake34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridmind21 View Post
    THANK YOU ALL for the valuable information, you've really helped change my perspective on steroids. I've decided to make a somewhat intelligent decision and hold off on using gear, but this has got to be one of the most helpful communities I've ever been on. Thanks again for clearing it up for me!
    Good to hear! I'm telling the gains ur able to make right now at ur age will be thr best natural gains ull ever make. Take advantage of having high test right now. If anything get some t booster like nugenix or something. My dad is 62 he takes that shit and I swear he has gotten ripped from it.
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  20. #20
    hybridmind21 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjake34 View Post
    Good to hear! I'm telling the gains ur able to make right now at ur age will be thr best natural gains ull ever make. Take advantage of having high test right now. If anything get some t booster like nugenix or something. My dad is 62 he takes that shit and I swear he has gotten ripped from it.
    Hmm I hear t boosters are just a marketing sham. Also that they're unnecessary for teens but i'll take your word for it. thx bro
    Last edited by hybridmind21; 08-08-2017 at 09:59 AM.

  21. #21
    tbjake34's Avatar
    tbjake34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    969
    I tried a few when I was a teen before I touched gear. Can't say if it did much cuz yea ur natural levels are already high. What I was trying to say if u want to take something to get an edge there's otc options that do work.
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  22. #22
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridmind21 View Post
    Hmm I hear t boosters are just a marketing sham. Also that they're unnecessary for teens but i'll take your word for it. thx bro
    Some are but if you pick one that blocks SHBG and allows you more circulating free Testosterone there is a lot of scientific data on that. But then again at your age, you are producing basically the equvilant of 250-300mg worth of Test E shot anyway.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 08-08-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    hybridmind21 likes this.

  23. #23
    hybridmind21 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Some are but if you pick one that blocks ShBH and allows you more circulating free Testosterone there is a lot of scientific data on that. But then again at your age, you are producing basically the equvilant of 250-300mg worth of Test E shot anyway.
    What brand would you reckon that does what youve described

    google brought me to this https://cleanmachineonline.com/products/cell-block-80/

  24. #24
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridmind21 View Post
    What brand would you reckon that does what youve described

    google brought me to this https://cleanmachineonline.com/products/cell-block-80/
    Yeah something like that. I was thinking about resveritrol (spelling) that's the one with a lot of clinical data if I'm not mistaken. Whenever I see or hear about a new supplement or wonder drug I always pubmed the active ingredient and read ALL the studies that's available on them. That's a great way to sift through the BS.
    hybridmind21 and ghettoboyd like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •