Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Cutting the last weeks of a cycle

Denisxn is offline New Member

Question Cutting the last weeks of a cycle

It is a good idea to bulk for 10 weeks then do a big caloric deficit (like 1000) the last 2 weeks of a test e cycle then going back to maintenance before pct starts and during pct?

CALLMEOCT is offline Associate Member
    Thtats a frequently asked question, imho you should either bulk or cut, not both, results wont be as effective as they could be if you start cutting midcycle. That's my 2 cents, of course you could do it, or maybe look for a recomp.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Not if you plan on keeping your gains bro.
    charger69 likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Listen to soundog.. You will lose muscle.

Denisxn is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Not if you plan on keeping your gains bro.
    But i will still be on the test, it wont help me maintain the muscle i gained? And ill maintain the strenght in the gym and consuming enought protein, i dont see how i will lose muscle unless i do it the 2 weeks before pct or during pct

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Bulk or Cut, otherwise you will just waste your time and money. Choose one or the other.

The sudden deficit will just backfire and you'll loose muscle especially as you'll most likely retain the deficit during PCT otherwise your going to put on fat which is standard through PCT.

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    don't be fooled into thinking there is anything magic about test whilst dropping a 1000 cals, to build you need the building blocks right? test can stop you going catabolic but a 1000 a day calorie deficit plus pct is just a no no , get your pct sorted first , plan past the cycle, if your bulking, slowly bring your calories back down off cycle to maintainance dose and if you were cutting slowly bring them back up, just add a few hundred cals at a time to start with you don't want any huge changes for the period immediately after as you are trying to level out your bodys chemistry as much as possible.
    also if dieting a 1000 cal drop right off the bat leaves you no where to go, aim for a 15% drop and tweak when needed otherwise you'll start endangering that hard earned muscle

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    FOOD is the fuel which muscle is built on.

I personally feel that the longer you stay big the easier it is to maintain it.
    Thus, if you cut the last two weeks you will miss out on solidifying your gains.
    songdog likes this.

Thread Information