Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8
  • 2 Post By tyzride
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: How long before HPTA goes back to normal PCT?

jjsevens is online now Associate Member

How long before HPTA goes back to normal PCT?

Just curious when or how long I can expect my hpta to go back to "normal" once I've finished my PCT? I'm sure it varies, but is there a general time frame?

Im wrapping up a 12 week cycle of 500mg test per week, 250iu hcg twice a week during the 12 weeks, arimidex eod to 14 weeks, pct 4 weeks.

Thanks.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When I was younger my HPTA would jump back real quick.
    I mean, blood test revealed that really as soon as exogenous T was low enough then LH and FSH started creeping up,
    and there was almost no real "down" period where T was lower than "normal" (it was in the lower range for a short time though, but was back OK within 3 months after quitting an enanthate cycle.
    And you can count almost two months for the enanthate to clear in that situation)

However, it varied even then, but would generally normalize pretty fast.
    As for now, it doesn't seem to normalize at all, not within the timeframe I'm willing to go with low T at least.

So if it varies that much just for me, imagine how much it varies between people.
    I'd say if PCT works well it should be normal when the drugs clear the system,
    but if that's normal or not, we need someone who's actually treated or studied a lot of cases to chime in on.
    And age would weigh in heavily on this issue I'd guess.
    MuscleScience likes this.

tyzride is offline New Member
    Some guys will never be back to "normal" after a cycle. Others can take several months up to a year. Each person is different. Blood tests are your best friend.
    MuscleScience and Cuz like this.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its really age from what ive seen. I remember in high school kids doing oral anavar and anadrol (adrol?) and coming off it like nothing happened. But thats like playing russian roulette. Then again you dont see 35 year olds jumping reckless oral only cycles as often as kids so its harder to use those examples. Using hcg and a proper pct will most likely leave you practically fully recovered. Generally Every cycle we do sets us a little further back in our natural test levels and thats why most of us will go the trt route. But hey, during trt you dont need to use pct drugs.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    All great advise.

We have seen young men do only 1 cycle and not be back to normal 2 years later. Just had one of those pleading us for help last week. It's really a numbers game when your body is still developing.
    DocToxin8 and PT1982 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    From my experience, I don't feel you go back to 100% normal.... Every cycle you run you do more and more damage. Obviously how well you recover is down to genetics, but even if you handle things well the damage will still be there.

After my first ever run of test e I didn't feel the "same".. Anyway 4 years down the line, several cycles and im on TRT.

So sounds like it can take months, for some maybe even a year, so is the suggested time on/time off protocol long enough for your hpta to go back to normal?

So far so good nearing the end of pct, I am feeling off though that's for sure, like energy and sex drive isn't normal. I'm 41 now and my test levels were already on the low scale, so wondering when I should check my levels seeing as it could take months or a year for it to bounce back.

If it's even lower now I want to look at trt, but it could just be that it hasn't bounced back to normal levels....or maybe it never will which is likely the case from what everyone's saying, especially at 41
    Last edited by jjsevens; 08-15-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    So sounds like it can take months, for some maybe even a year, so is the suggested time on/time off protocol long enough for your hpta to go back to normal?

So far so good nearing the end of pct, I am feeling off though that's for sure, like energy and sex drive isn't normal. I'm 41 now and my test levels were already on the low scale, so wondering when I should check my levels seeing as it could take months or a year for it to bounce back.

If it's even lower now I want to look at trt, but it could just be that it hasn't bounced back to normal levels....or maybe it never will which is likely the case from what everyone's saying, especially at 41

Run your PCT, give it 6-8 weeks and get blood checked, go from there. With regards to the time on/off protocol, this is just a baseline. You should go off bloods before starting a cycle again.

Im only 24 and on TRT. But i have a fairly abusive background with gear i'm one of those guys that just didnt recover....

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    That's why I'm on trt now, I finally feel "normal" but I always had low t even as a young lad

Pull bloods , see where your at, like stated others recover more quickly than some
    PT1982 likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Its really age from what ive seen. I remember in high school kids doing oral anavar and anadrol (adrol?) and coming off it like nothing happened. But thats like playing russian roulette. Then again you dont see 35 year olds jumping reckless oral only cycles as often as kids so its harder to use those examples. Using hcg and a proper pct will most likely leave you practically fully recovered. Generally Every cycle we do sets us a little further back in our natural test levels and thats why most of us will go the trt route. But hey, during trt you dont need to use pct drugs.
    Cheque drops were a huge thing for the football players when I was in school. That, along with creatine, made the kids think they would be the next Dorian Yates, lol. Bank then, pct was unheard of. Now the majority of them are on trt. Most everyone I know are on trt of they are 40 or older. Dr's are really pushing it for some reason these days and it almost feels like a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Cheque drops were a huge thing for the football players when I was in school. That, along with creatine, made the kids think they would be the next Dorian Yates, lol. Bank then, pct was unheard of. Now the majority of them are on trt. Most everyone I know are on trt of they are 40 or older. Dr's are really pushing it for some reason these days and it almost feels like a conspiracy.
    I think it's more common because the medical community is realizing that trt can improve the quality of life for a lot of men, women too with hormone replacement therapy. The mentality was that test levels and the resulting decrease in energy, libido, strength, size etc. is just what happens when you get older so just live with it. Being on trt isn't a death sentence and reall isn't any different than any other meds, especially with what's available today, bioidentical hormones are a natural way of producing testosterone and is apparently one of the safest means of replacement therapy. I read a great book that speaks on all aspects of trt and how it's becoming more common for men 40+,its called testosterone for life: https://www.amazon.ca/Testosterone-L.../dp/0071494804
    Last edited by jjsevens; 08-15-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Thread Information