Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member

Long term low dosage cycle?

I noticed some people are just naturally more muscular than other people, regardless of diet. Given the same food and activity level, some bodies better use protein (superior nutrient partitioning). There are a number of factors that play into this: testosterone levels , GH levels, receptor sensitivity, etc. The list goes on. Of course, it could be that some people bigger than you produce the same amount of testosterone , but they are more sensitive to this amount. Nevertheless, it is undoubtable that testosterone levels correspond consistently with musculature. Wouldn't a solution to bigger muscles be a low dosage supplement of testosterone for a few years? You could always take enough to compensate for endogenous suppression, and even after years of this low dosage continuous cycle, which mimics the testosterone production of natural mesomorphs, couldn't you just take clomid or nolvadex to stimulate LH and natural test levels to return to normal? Would you go into primary gonadism and no amount of clomid or nolvadex would save you? What do you guys think?

-SF

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Froid
    I noticed some people are just naturally more muscular than other people, regardless of diet. Given the same food and activity level, some bodies better use protein (superior nutrient partitioning). There are a number of factors that play into this: testosterone levels , GH levels, receptor sensitivity, etc. The list goes on. Of course, it could be that some people bigger than you produce the same amount of testosterone , but they are more sensitive to this amount. Nevertheless, it is undoubtable that testosterone levels correspond consistently with musculature. Wouldn't a solution to bigger muscles be a low dosage supplement of testosterone for a few years? You could always take enough to compensate for endogenous suppression, and even after years of this low dosage continuous cycle, which mimics the testosterone production of natural mesomorphs, couldn't you just take clomid or nolvadex to stimulate LH and natural test levels to return to normal? Would you go into primary gonadism and no amount of clomid or nolvadex would save you? What do you guys think?

-SF
    this is a good question, so i will field it with my understanding.

when you cycle for only 10-12 weeks you are dramatically altering the way your body functions and processes nutrients for a relatively short amount of time. hence the loss of some gains when finished since the gains came faster than otherwise common with the non-AS users body.

taking test for an extended amount of time will produce modest results, although the gains will be of better quality and easier to keep when you come off. im pretty sure that doing normal post with modifications at your discretion is the best way to go since 3 weeks could possibly restart your test, or it could take 2 months before things are working again. this is where the double edge sword of extended vs. abbreviated (10-12 weeks) comes into play since it is easier for natural test to start again after being shut off for 12 weeks than shut off for for 9 times that length (24 months.)

its a decision between the short term and the long term...shorter cycles are more dynamic and allow for more potential gains while a year round low test dosage would produce more lasting results. pros stay on year round, however they also do other cycles within that year with more than just test. you don't see anyone bragging about winning a pro IFBB event that said 'i have used 200mg of test a week for the last 3 years to get to where i am today."
    Last edited by daem; 07-09-2003 at 11:04 PM.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    --"you don't see anyone bragging about winning a pro IFBB event that said 'i have used 200mg of test a week for the last 3 years to get to where i am today.""

heh, point taken.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    We ain't pro's though.

sharky is offline Associate Member
    i seriously think that length of time on a cycle of test(which would shut you down just for sure) - may- have a huge effect on your nads.(and everything that goes along with them) i dont know if you would ever return to normal. but i dont know everything.....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    We ain't pro's though.
    well obviously i was just using that example to help support my position on this issue.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Haha! Oh shit, no no! I didn't anything offensive by it, I was just making a general comment. Those pro's, man, they somethin' else. Dedicating almost everything (health, lifestyle, wife/husband) all become second to what they do. You gotta ask yourself, is it worth it?

Thread Information