Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG

Thread: Dialing in AI dosage

  1. #1
    n1x0n is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    66

    Dialing in AI dosage

    I'm planning on starting my cycle in a couple of weeks. I'm doing bloods next week to help me establish a baseline.

    I have a couple questions regarding the bloods during the cycle. How many weeks in should I do bloods? I'm planning on pinning 250mg test E mon/thurs and taking 0.5mg adex mon/thurs. What day should I do the bloods if I mainly want to dial in my AI dosage?

  2. #2
    Ddigi08's Avatar
    Ddigi08 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10
    Around week 6 for just a test cycle

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddigi08 View Post
    Around week 6 for just a test cycle

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Agreed, 6 weeks should be a good spot to check. I like the fact your doing bloods before the cycle too.
    Ddigi08 likes this.

  4. #4
    TRA's Avatar
    TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by n1x0n View Post
    I'm planning on starting my cycle in a couple of weeks. I'm doing bloods next week to help me establish a baseline.

    I have a couple questions regarding the bloods during the cycle. How many weeks in should I do bloods? I'm planning on pinning 250mg test E mon/thurs and taking 0.5mg adex mon/thurs. What day should I do the bloods if I mainly want to dial in my AI dosage?
    That adex dosage works well for me, taken exactly like that. I like to run a tad high, also.

  5. #5
    n1x0n is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    66
    Does it matter what day? I was thinking that the estrogen can be different depending on how many days after adex and pinning test I draw the blood.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,362
    Why not just run .25 eod and keep more of a steady state of aromatase inhibition instead of possible estrogen swings that could occur with twice weekly dosing? Dex has a half life of about 46 hrs or so from memory. BW is another reason for consistent dosing.
    KINGKONG and PT1982 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the walls
    Posts
    3,999
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Why not just run .25 eod and keep more of a steady state of aromatase inhibition instead of possible estrogen swings that could occur with twice weekly dosing? Dex has a half life of about 46 hrs or so from memory. BW is another reason for consistent dosing.
    Agreed, stable levels=fewer sides
    PT1982 likes this.

  8. #8
    n1x0n is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Why not just run .25 eod and keep more of a steady state of aromatase inhibition instead of possible estrogen swings that could occur with twice weekly dosing? Dex has a half life of about 46 hrs or so from memory. BW is another reason for consistent dosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Agreed, stable levels=fewer sides
    Because last time I used 0.25mg eod and I felt like the dosage was to low. So I want to increase this time but I felt doubling the dosage (0.5mg eod) would be too much.

  9. #9
    n1x0n is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    66
    0.5mg e3d might work. That's a higher dose than 0.25mg eod.

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,362
    Quote Originally Posted by n1x0n View Post
    Because last time I used 0.25mg eod and I felt like the dosage was to low. So I want to increase this time but I felt doubling the dosage (0.5mg eod) would be too much.
    Honestly "felt like" really means nothing. Blood work needs to be done. Try your approach but be sure you pull some BW to see how you're doing. It's the only way you learn exactly what's going on in you.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •