Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chopsui
  • 1 Post By TRA

Thread: Will I get red flagged if I come clean to a doctor?

chopsui is offline Junior Member

Will I get red flagged if I come clean to a doctor?

So basically I'm injured and took some really stupid advice and ran a cycle to "get healthy again" and basically ended up getting bad advice and my gut is telling me to just go to thihs test doctor I know will help me and he can charge my insurance run tests and figure it out.

Anyway for this injury im getting surgery in 3 weeks (at the soonest) and its gonna be REALLY painful recovery theyre giving me pain meds and they said I may have t be hospitalized with IV pain meds and then Ill have to have to taper what Ive been taking anyway.

Its getting to a point where somethings wong and my life is falling apart and im getting desperate. I struggle to function every day.. the only thing stopping me is I dont want to get red flagged and have the deal with the consequences of that... ive experienced 9/10 level pain before and I never want to experience it again. I know I fucked up and put myself in a stupid situation but I was wondering what you guys think?

He seems like a cool dude and hes an HRT doc but I really dont want to get red flagged.

I"m really wondering what some of the experienced guys here would do if they were in my position? Would you wait until after surgery to start HRT or would you start now to aid with recovery?? I dont want this aching joints and bullshit to ruin my surgery recovery that would make me lose my shit.

The self help expert in me is saying I should just run a full panel of blood work, post results here and start myself on like a 2 year HRT cycle to aid recovery?? Literally nobody in my life can help me with this stuff it sucks.
    Last edited by chopsui; 09-12-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    TRA likes this.

what injury?
    what surgery?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Never tell the Doctor you use aas you can lose your insurance.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is it that the "bad advice" ended up causing? I don't understand what the issue is exactly. Can you give more detail?

If you are on pain medications chronically and under a pain contract it will likely violate your pain management contract to list use of AAS because they are considered illicit and recreational drugs. The docs who prescribe narcotics to you can get in trouble just for prescribing them if you list that in your chart...so, not telling you not to, just giving you facts. Sometimes in this arena less is more when it comes to these issues.
    More details and you might get some vet advice on how to "fix" things yourself until after surgery.
    Octaneforce likes this.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There are plenty of guys who have been in situations similar to yours without ever using aas. So i dont see why you would have to admit anything to any doc. Just come off everything and when you do bloodwork you'll have low test levels (most likely) and a good doc could put you on trt legitimately.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I can't think of any reason to tell any medical professional anything about it unless it's to explain an anomalous reading. For example if you take HCG and a doc for whatever reason orders that on a panel it typically indicates testicular cancer. Because testicular tumors produce HCG as a byproduct of their metabolism. A man should typically never have that compound running through their body.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If it's is legally prescribed as you suggest, I fail to see any issue unless I'm missing something?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

chopsui is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    There are plenty of guys who have been in situations similar to yours without ever using aas. So i dont see why you would have to admit anything to any doc. Just come off everything and when you do bloodwork you'll have low test levels (most likely) and a good doc could put you on trt legitimately.
    Man I wonder if that would red flag me because I actually told them to test it before and it came out normal so if its suddenly like 100 wont they suspect something is up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    what injury?
    what surgery?
    its an injured fascet on my vertebrae c5-c6 initially they thought pain was from a small herniation and surgery was going to fix everything but now they dont think it will help. I gotta take any advantage I can.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chopsui View Post
    Man I wonder if that would red flag me because I actually told them to test it before and it came out normal so if its suddenly like 100 wont they suspect something is up?

its an injured fascet on my vertebrae c5-c6 initially they thought pain was from a small herniation and surgery was going to fix everything but now they dont think it will help. I gotta take any advantage I can.
    You're over thinking it. If anything just tell them you read about symptoms and seemed to have them - low t.

Thread Information