Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Dryer gains on prop

Last year i did a 500mg test e cycle as outlined in the sticky. It went great. I started at 165lbs (5ft5" tall) and ended at 184lbs. After i recovered i dropped down to 175lbs and maintained it. I felt pretty good, i gained 10lbs of real mass that i felt was for the most part permanent.

Fast forward to my current cycle. Im nearing the end of it. I started at 175lbs, kick started 595mg of test prop weekly with 90mg of tbol daily. Holy moly. In a couple weeks i was 191 lbs and stronger than ever. I stopped the tbol at week 6 and have continued the prop. Im at week 9 now and going to do 10 weeks. Yes i know thats long for prop but im still gaining. Anyway im back down to 186 lbs but much drier than ive ever been before. If test is test why are my gains on prop so dry compared to my test e gains? I was super puffy on test e and i just dont feel it with prop, even with the increased calories ive been taking in. I have a feeling im not going to lose much weight during pct. i dont feel the slightest bloated like i did with tbol and test e. Ive heard that less water weight on prop is a myth but im a beleiver in prop now

Im sure some of the guys that have experience will gibe their opinions -but i would love to hear how the rest of your cycle goes and gow it turns out during pct. Im getting things together and probably going to start prop in the near future and appreciate hearing others results

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Imop it could be several things your gear diet your ai just to name a few.

The longer the ester, in the Test, the more water is required by the body to break it down. And thus, Prop for cutting and Enth for bulking, that's the theory.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Imop it could be several things your gear diet your ai just to name a few.
    I definitely learned how to adjust my ai better this time around. Yes its a different brand of gear too. Hey im not dissappointed lol. I can see my abs again haha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    The longer the ester, in the Test, the more water is required by the body to break it down. And thus, Prop for cutting and Enth for bulking, that's the theory.
    Ahh makes sense. Is there a benefit to water weight? Does more water mean more strength

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Ahh makes sense. Is there a benefit to water weight? Does more water mean more strength
    I don't see why so many people are against the water retention. What is the big deal, it comes and goes and doesn't do any harm.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Yes, You need to be Hydrated. Your body is made up of mostly water. It regulates about everything in your body. When they say water weight most people tend to think of cutting for a weight class, like MMA fighters, etc. Always drink a lot of water.

I did say that longer esters hold more water. Even knowing that, I run Test Cyp exclusively. Even when I run short esters like Mast/Primo/Tren , I run it with Test Cyp. I just found Test Cyp to be smoother on my body with less sides than Test Prop. I can cut with Test Cyp as well as bulk. I just adjust my diet and workout. I was down to 7% body fat on Test Cyp and Mast this spring. I'll bulk with Test Cyp and NPP this winter.

As for water retention? It's a personal choice. I like looking lean all the time. I can't afford for people at work to notice that I'm round and huge then lean and cut. I need to stay lean when I bulk and when I cut. I can control the amount of retained water in my body so I'm careful to keep my body looking constant.

Thread Information