Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Unusual question about treating gyno.. Really need your advice.

londonbyburberry is offline New Member

Unusual question about treating gyno.. Really need your advice.

Posting another gyno thread as I just couldn't find this answer online and I'm stumped.

I'm not a steroid user, nor am I on TRT. I'm complety natty.

I've always had mild gyno since puberty which hasn't bothered my that much. Recently though I

started taking some supplements and within a month I noticed my gyno actually flaring up and

becoming worse.

My nipples became puffier, more protuded, they became sensitive, they felt hot. I couldn't believe

this but never the less it's 100% gyno and needs to be dealt with ASAP.

After doing a lot of reading I've determined that the best way to approach is Raloxifene 60mg /

day for 90 days to see how things go. They also mentioned adding Aromasin but where I'm stuck is

if this applies to non-steroid / non-TRT people like myself.

My questions are:

- Should I acquire Aromasin in conjunction with Raloxifene even though I'm natty?

- How much Aromasin and how often?

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    What supplements caused gyno?

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    What supplements caused gyno?
    Astaxanthin

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by londonbyburberry View Post
    Astaxanthin
    Cool that's listed as a potential 5-AR inhibitor - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16093232.

How much were you taking, and for what reason?

The 5-AR is an enzyme converting T to the more potent and androgenic DHT. Excess DHT is unhealthy but some is needed for men to be men, if the astaxanthin was effectively killing it then it switched your body , or at least your breast, into estrogen dominance, and that explains the gynoid flare, but this is rather speculative.

Ditch the aromasin or any other AI stick to SERMs when dealing with gyno. Try taking some creatine to get your DHT up again.
    thisAngelBites likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Cool that's listed as a potential 5-AR inhibitor - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16093232.

How much were you taking, and for what reason?

The 5-AR is an enzyme converting T to the more potent and androgenic DHT. Excess DHT is unhealthy but some is needed for men to be men, if the astaxanthin was effectively killing it then it switched your body , or at least your breast, into estrogen dominance, and that explains the gynoid flare, but this is rather speculative.

Ditch the aromasin or any other AI stick to SERMs when dealing with gyno. Try taking some creatine to get your DHT up again.
    THanks for the reply.

I was taking 12mg per day, which is considered a high dose.

I took it support my joints, eye sight and give my skin a healthier glow (another thing it's known for due to the red pigment).

I had my bloods done just this morning but your advice is sound.

How much creatine would you recommend and for how long? I have a whole tub of monohydrate sitting in my cupboard.

If you're naturally proned to gyno, I would not mess with self medicating. I would see professional help. You're right, gyno is pre-cancerous and shouldn't be messed with. I wouldn't experiment with yourself right now. Go to a doc and get it diagnosed and treated. You might even require surgery if the gyno is serious.
    songdog likes this.

THanks for the reply.

I was taking 12mg per day, which is considered a high dose.

I took it support my joints, eye sight and give my skin a healthier glow (another thing it's known for due to the red pigment).

I had my bloods done just this morning but your advice is sound.

How much creatine would you recommend and for how long? I have a whole tub of monohydrate sitting in my cupboard.
    5g / die is enough and supported by research. You can take it as long as you wish for, or until you feel the issue is resolved.

What did you check for?

Besides by the sound of it yours appear to be a pre-gyno state and not full developed gyno, that will feel as hard lumps behind nipple.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    LondonbyBurbury,
    You mentioned something that hit home with me: Astaxanthin, healthy glow for skin and red pigment. Could it contribute to Rosacea? I take Asta... with my fish oil and I have Rosacea (curse of the Celts). Come to think of it, I think they co-occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    If you're naturally proned to gyno, I would not mess with self medicating. I would see professional help. You're right, gyno is pre-cancerous and shouldn't be messed with. I wouldn't experiment with yourself right now. Go to a doc and get it diagnosed and treated. You might even require surgery if the gyno is serious.
    My gyno at the moment is still quite mild, as was even more mild pre-astaxanthin.

I've already started dosing 60mg Raloxifene as of today and will see how it goes.

Based on my research it's a fairly safe drug and many people use this to treat gyno post cycle and from puberty as well.

I'm kind of in too deep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    LondonbyBurbury,
    You mentioned something that hit home with me: Astaxanthin, healthy glow for skin and red pigment. Could it contribute to Rosacea? I take Asta... with my fish oil and I have Rosacea (curse of the Celts). Come to think of it, I think they co-occurred.
    Absolutely dude!

The actual drug itself is the red pigment you see in flamingos and cray fish!

https://mayachia.com/believed-power-...t-astaxanthin/

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    5g / die is enough and supported by research. You can take it as long as you wish for, or until you feel the issue is resolved.

What did you check for?

Besides by the sound of it yours appear to be a pre-gyno state and not full developed gyno, that will feel as hard lumps behind nipple.
    Thank you.

Yes it's definitely pre-gyno state but that's why I wanted to act FAST. Before it becomes fibrous.

Do you think it's worth taking at least one dose of Aromasin to drop my estradial plasma levels?

bubupupu is offline New Member
    as someone whos been on trt for years and have gone thru multiple websites always researching all things AA related just for self learning what i found is weather AA induced or natural most of the time nolva/ralo will somewhat decrease the size for most people but their will always be some and when they discontinue its never going to be the same. i would personally save the time and look into the surgery its pretty cheap and forward if it bothers you much

Thank you.

Yes it's definitely pre-gyno state but that's why I wanted to act FAST. Before it becomes fibrous.

Do you think it's worth taking at least one dose of Aromasin to drop my estradial plasma levels?
    Yeah that's what I used to have before developing actual lumps several months ahead, right now I'm getting concerned about dark yellow discharge... time to set up that appointment to evaluate surgery I guess.

That's not recommended as some estradiol is needed by men to feel and function normally, shouldn't provide any further benefit either as the ralo is blocking the receptors locally in the breast so that circulating E2 won't reach them.

Thread Information