Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By locutus61
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: how to prevent insulin resistance on hgh?

hxt
    hxt is offline Associate Member

how to prevent insulin resistance on hgh?

thinking about using HGH long term for anti aging benefits. just 2 or 3 iu a day, weekends off. my biggest fear is the insulin resistance that it can bring on. how can I offset this Side effect?

locutus61 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hxt View Post
    thinking about using HGH long term for anti aging benefits. just 2 or 3 iu a day, weekends off. my biggest fear is the insulin resistance that it can bring on. how can I offset this Side effect?
    itermittant fasting (natural), metformin (Drug), alpha lipoic acid ( supplement).
    MuscleScience and gymffiti like this.

tectime is offline Member
    Food intake and the timing at which you intake food. Remember that when GH goes up insulin goes down and when insulin goes up GH goes down like a seesaw. The thing is GH pulses and HGH injections spike quickly. So keeping carbs off your stomach and out of your system around the time that you do your GH shots will give you the maximum benefits from your GH and then control in the amount of carbs and when you intake those carbs will help control your insulin. So like I said before certain fasting and carb cycling techniques will control your insulin the best while taking GH.

tectime is offline Member
    Oops like said before haha can't see all the typing sometimes.

HGH is an insulin agonist. The best time to take it, for long term, is first thing in the AM as soon as you wake up. It should be at least 45 min after HGH pin before you eat carbs. I've been on HGH for 8 years, this December, and my insulin level is just fine.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    timing EXOGENOUS HGH is not near as important as timing a GHRP or any type of secretagouge that induces a natural growth hormone pulse .
    what everyone has implied is correct , as insulin and blood sugar is low GH will naturally pulse and be elevated, if insulin and blood sugar are high GH will not be released . Reason why our GH is elevated in middle of night and early AM is cause blood sugar and insulin are low .

BUT this makes no real difference with exogenous HGH that your injecting into your body to elevate blood serum levels. Having carbs or an insulin spike only effects natural GH pulses , but if you have carbs and you inject from outside your body 4iu of GH then that GH is going directly into the blood stream and bypassing any pituitary pulse .
    So you'll have insulin, GH, and higher blood sugar in the blood stream all at the same time . This is actually how you'll get more IGF production.
    again this would not be the case with injecting a GHRP or natural GH secretagogue as the elevated insulin and carbs will suppress natty GH pulse . But injecting straight HGH right into the blood stream bypasses this.

This is why guys run 8iu of exogenous HGH along with 20iu of exogenous insulin along with 200 grams of carbs pari-workout . massive IGF spike .. IF the insulin and carbs kept the GH from working then this protocol would not work .

You can take GH with carbs or without carbs it makes no difference (this is old school that your not supposed to take GH with carbs .. its only GH releasers, not actual GH),, and in fact may be beneficial due to a larger IGF spike.

OP, in regards to insulin sensitivity . IF your only doing one low dose HGH injection per day then your not like to have insulin resistance (GH only lasts 2.5 hours in the blood stream). its the guys that micro dose or take GH injections throughout the day that end up with issues, or guys that take GH plus long lasting GH secretagogues.

just buy a glocose meter and check your fasting blood sugar a couple times a week .. if it begins to elevate then you can easily adjust things to get it down (diet, drugs, fasting, carb cycling etc).
    MuscleScience and Quester like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Some run it 5 days on 2 off with the theory of preventing insulin resistance from running it daily.

I just have a quick question. You're 27 years old. What type of anti-aging properties are you expecting from running HGH at your age?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    regarding the topic of insulin resistance and high blood sugars with HGH use..

I think a lot of people have no idea WHY the brain releases growth hormone to begin with (or at least one of the reasons). GH release happens when we have been asleep for awhile and have low blood sugar (and can't eat) or we are fasted . Why does it do this ? Well the brain runs off of glucose for energy. When the brain is 'fasted' and it needs more blood sugar (but we can't eat) it will then release GH (and Ghrelin).

The brains release of GH and Ghrelin regulate glucose metabolism so that the brain has enough glucose. So your blood sugar is low and your low on food, the brain wants more glucose so it releases GH , then there is a response from the liver to release stored glucose into the blood stream BUT , the brain does not want this precious glucose to be uptaken into fat or muscle stores , THIS is why GH causes insulin resistance. GH hinders the uptake of glucose (insulin resistance) so that your blood sugars can elevate and the brain can have direct access to these blood sugars instead of other cells like fat and muscle (again your fasted and the brain needs fuel).

the brains release of GH is a brain 'selfish' mechanism of action to raise blood sugar and keep all the blood sugar for itself to keep the brain going .. This is why you get insulin resistant and blood sugars elevate with GH ,, because that is GH's job so that the brain gets glucose when none is available and to keep other tissues from getting glucose when the brain needs it the most.
    Viktoriia likes this.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I have heard Vitamin D can help.

hxt
    hxt is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I just have a quick question. You're 27 years old. What type of anti-aging properties are you expecting from running HGH at your age?
    for future reference lol

Thread Information