Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By songdog
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: 12 weeks into test cycle- not gaining

Malman11 is offline New Member

Question 12 weeks into test cycle- not gaining

12 weeks into test e 500mg a week. 6.25 aromasin ED ( feel a lot better than 12.5 EOD)

gained close to 15 lbs and not seeing anymore increase in size or strength in the last 3 weeks.

is this normal for most? this is my second cycle. my first was 250/ per week

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    First place to look is your diet

diet is perfect IMO. i'm terribly small framed. 5 foot started 125lb and at 140 now. eating close to 3000 cal. all clean

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    All good things come to a end bro.You will always hear stories of guys gaining 25/30 lbs but those guys were way under weight and in 6 mos they will have lost it all.You can always tell when a guy cycles long before he is ready one of the signs is a huge weight gain.And your diet wasn't checked by our guys I will bet.Everyone thinks there diet is spot on.
    charger69 and Obs like this.

Was created by a different reputable guy. but i would be happy to forward it to you for a second look

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Malman11 View Post
    12 weeks into test e 500mg a week. 6.25 aromasin ED ( feel a lot better than 12.5 EOD)

gained close to 15 lbs and not seeing anymore increase in size or strength in the last 3 weeks.

is this normal for most? this is my second cycle. my first was 250/ per week
    you gained 15 pounds already , nothing wrong with that for a SECOND CYCLE and only using a moderate dose of Test. Thats pretty good imo. Also keep in mind that after about 8-12 weeks your body begins up-regualting Myostatin to keep you from un-necessarily gaining muscle, so the gains slow down and stop after that point (at this point its time to switch compounds or use other growth factors to try and grow).

I personally can't grow off of 500mg of test . I'd be delighted to only take 500mg and put on 15 pounds. but like you my first few cycles I did grow just fine off of test .

heck if I can blast test, deca , tren , and d-bol while taking 4iu of HGH a day and 30iu of insulin and put on 15 pounds like you did I'd be happy . you just did that using ONLY what some guys use as a cruise dose of test and nothing more.
    so good job.
    Slacker78 and Obs like this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you gained 15 pounds already , nothing wrong with that for a SECOND CYCLE and only using a moderate dose of Test. Thats pretty good imo. Also keep in mind that after about 8-12 weeks your body begins up-regualting Myostatin to keep you from un-necessarily gaining muscle, so the gains slow down and stop after that point (at this point its time to switch compounds or use other growth factors to try and grow).

I personally can't grow off of 500mg of test . I'd be delighted to only take 500mg and put on 15 pounds. but like you my first few cycles I did grow just fine off of test .

heck if I can blast test, deca , tren , and d-bol while taking 4iu of HGH a day and 30iu of insulin and put on 15 pounds like you did I'd be happy . you just did that using ONLY what some guys use as a cruise dose of test and nothing more.
    so good job.
    Damn you cruise at 500??

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

so good job.
    GearHeader, myostation up-regualting could be permanent i guess.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    Damn you cruise at 500??
    no, cruising at 500 test is a little bit too 'dirty' while off cycle . so I cruise with 500 EQ and 250mg test , way cleaner and nearly any sides

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    GearHeader, myostation up-regualting could be permanent i guess.... ?
    I don't believe its permanent , it only up-regulates in at attempt to reach homeostasis . e.g.., IF you have been 200 pounds for about a year or more, thats your body's natural set point , but once you push to say 215 pounds then Myostatin will up-regulate in an attempt to get you back down to 200 . the body does not want to put on muscle (unless your a total newb lifter , thats a whole diff thing).

blood pressure , resting heart rate , TDEE , etc.. are all going to be elevated at this new body weight . Myosatin will help keep you from growing muscle unnecessarily , of course mentally we want to grow, but our body does not . Myostatin will start up-regulating until homeostasis is met or at least under control (ie., under control being over a period of time you re-acclimate to your new body weight and blood pressure stabilizes, heart rate goes down etc.. 215 is now new set point, or your bulk fails and you go back down to 200 after your cycle or you never reach your goal).

theres also a hormonal connection between Myostatin and Testosterone . As your testosterone increases then slowly on a sliding scale so does your Myostatin . this is prob a built in evolutionary mechanism of action , as the body naturally knows Test is very important to muscle growth , and it could get out of control and be too much , hence why the body will produce Myostatin to control this.
    thats why years after running Test only cycles your going to hit a wall and not really get any more growth.

however in this age of chemical enhancements we can trick the body . Things like combining HGH, Insulin , and IGF1 at supra-physiological levels will exhibit 'new' growth that does not directly up-regulate Myostatin , like Test does.
    so we trick the body into new growth phases depending on what things we run and how we run them

Thread Information