Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Which blood test would you choose?

  1. #1
    Painjunky's Avatar
    Painjunky is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    118

    Which blood test would you choose?

    This first option was advised already as covering the essential tests but Id like a second opinion as this will be my first blood test that I will be doing with out a dr reviewing and only sharing minimal results info.

    https://www.discountedlabs.com/trt-m...-panel-option/
    Plus add igf-1 rest
    ---or----
    https://www.discountedlabs.com/compl...-panel-for-men

    Im currently on hgh (2weeks in) . Im not concerned about its legitimacy so Im not sure if an igf-1 test is necessary since Ive already started.
    Which would you recommend as pre aas blood work and overall exam of my system?

  2. #2
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,287
    I would just see your doctor and tell him you want your testosterone levels checked. This is what I do every cycle. It is patient-doctor privilege.

  3. #3
    Jangles1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I would just see your doctor and tell him you want your testosterone levels checked. This is what I do every cycle. It is patient-doctor privilege.
    Not in England. My doctors refused to do so for 'ethical' reasons.





    BTW - I went for the check that includes


    Test Levels
    LH
    FSH
    Estrogen


    Form my understanding thats all you really need Pre and Post cycle with just Test and Estrogen Mid cycle!
    Last edited by Jangles1; 12-15-2017 at 08:55 AM.

  4. #4
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,869
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangles1 View Post
    Not in England. My doctors refused to do so for 'ethical' reasons.





    BTW - I went for the check that includes


    Test Levels
    LH
    FSH
    Estrogen


    Form my understanding thats all you really need Pre and Post cycle with just Test and Estrogen Mid cycle!
    Fire that Tosser! Ethical reasons, SMH at that doctor. I would suggest that you get your liver enzymes and Cholesterol total and LDL and HDL as well.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  5. #5
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I would suggest that you get your liver enzymes and Cholesterol total and LDL and HDL as well.
    ^^ This . Seeing how AAS effects your health and not just your hormones is super important .

    eg., if you run a cycle with winny and find that after the cycle your HDL/LDL is totally out of whack then you may want to stay away from it in the future . or if you run a Deca cycle and you find that after using it your Hematocrit levels are off the chart you may want to stay away from it. If an Anadrol cycle raises your liver enzymes 20 fold, then stay away from it.

    its not just about hormones , AAS effects ALL your blood work and health factors . get a full spectrum blood test and CBC

  6. #6
    TRTdrew's Avatar
    TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Painjunky View Post
    This first option was advised already as covering the essential tests but Id like a second opinion as this will be my first blood test that I will be doing with out a dr reviewing and only sharing minimal results info.

    https://www.discountedlabs.com/trt-m...-panel-option/
    Plus add igf-1 rest
    ---or----
    https://www.discountedlabs.com/compl...-panel-for-men

    Im currently on hgh (2weeks in) . Im not concerned about its legitimacy so Im not sure if an igf-1 test is necessary since Ive already started.
    Which would you recommend as pre aas blood work and overall exam of my system?
    I am also interested in an answer to the OPs question. Iíve looked at both these tests. Which is better?

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Pre cycle you'd want option #2 as it includes LH/FSH which shows pituitary function, which is what you shut down when on cycle and restart post cycle.
    Mid cycle #1 is appropriate.
    TRTdrew likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    TRTdrew's Avatar
    TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Pre cycle you'd want option #2 as it includes LH/FSH which shows pituitary function, which is what you shut down when on cycle and restart post cycle.
    Mid cycle #1 is appropriate.
    Thanks! That helps.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •