Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Wannabhuge14

Thread: Insulin and HGH only cycle?????

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Insulin and HGH only cycle?????

Backstory: I came off TRT a few months back to get my girl pregnant so I can't go back on until that happens.

That said, I'm planning on a cut for the summer and thinking of options without using test. I have some Pfizer HGH and can get more so I was thinking of running 2-4 IU's of HGH 5 days per week and I also have a ton of Insulin . I've never used Insulin before but would use it in low dosages. I'm aware of the risks of Insulin and I have Humalog which is fast acting so easy to monitor etc. I've taken HGH before and I know it takes a while to work. I'm prob. going to jump on this upcoming week as it will also help with recovery for my recent surgery. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this if I have to go this route.

My cycle history is mostly moderate cycles along with being on TRT for 7 or 8 years. I would blast and cruise typically twice per year. I'm almost 45 years old (2 fake hips one done a month ago) I'm 5'8" 210lbs. and prob. 15-17% BF right now because of my recent surgery. I will start dieting in the next two weeks as I can slowly start adding cardio in within the next month or so.

My plan is to start this cycle in early to mid June. Hopefully the Mrs. will be pregnant by then and I can do my normal cutting cycle but just in case.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Backstory: I came off TRT a few months back to get my girl pregnant so I can't go back on until that happens.

That said, I'm planning on a cut for the summer and thinking of options without using test. I have some Pfizer HGH and can get more so I was thinking of running 2-4 IU's of HGH 5 days per week and I also have a ton of Insulin . I've never used Insulin before but would use it in low dosages. I'm aware of the risks of Insulin and I have Humalog which is fast acting so easy to monitor etc. I've taken HGH before and I know it takes a while to work. I'm prob. going to jump on this upcoming week as it will also help with recovery for my recent surgery. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this if I have to go this route.

My cycle history is mostly moderate cycles along with being on TRT for 7 or 8 years. I would blast and cruise typically twice per year. I'm almost 45 years old (2 fake hips one done a month ago) I'm 5'8" 210lbs. and prob. 15-17% BF right now because of my recent surgery. I will start dieting in the next two weeks as I can slowly start adding cardio in within the next month or so.

My plan is to start this cycle in early to mid June. Hopefully the Mrs. will be pregnant by then and I can do my normal cutting cycle but just in case.
    Nothing wrong with HGH and slin. I do it all the time.
    Slin- do not use without a glucose monitor. It needs to be respected.
    I have gone hypo on 2iu’s. Fasted cardio and preparing for a competition on a calorie deficit. Just telling you this so you don’t think your safe just because taking small qty’s.
    I would also have glucose tabs handy.
    The thing I dislike about slin is you need to be strict. On your diet of what you eat and when.
    Please don’t start slin taking the half ass approach. Plan it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Thank you for your feedback. I've done a ton of research on it and spoke with a former pro bodybuilder. Going Hypo is a scary though. I would def. get a glucose monitor. Great advice with the Glucose tabs. I did not know that was a thing. I was planning on having a carb supplement in case of going Hypo. Were you using Humalog when that happened or a longer acting Insulin ? Insulin is something that you can't mess around with or you can die. Def. don't want that to happen. haha. I'm also aware that it is VERY easy to gain fat on Insulin which is one reason I would keep it very low. Not looking to ballon up but if I could get some of my muscle back that I've lost I would be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Nothing wrong with HGH and slin. I do it all the time.
    Slin- do not use without a glucose monitor. It needs to be respected.
    I have gone hypo on 2iu’s. Fasted cardio and preparing for a competition on a calorie deficit. Just telling you this so you don’t think your safe just because taking small qty’s.
    I would also have glucose tabs handy.
    The thing I dislike about slin is you need to be strict. On your diet of what you eat and when.
    Please don’t start slin taking the half ass approach. Plan it out.

Wannabhuge14 is offline Associate Member
    Thank you for your feedback. I've done a ton of research on it and spoke with a former pro bodybuilder. Going Hypo is a scary though. I would def. get a glucose monitor. Great advice with the Glucose tabs. I did not know that was a thing. I was planning on having a carb supplement in case of going Hypo. Were you using Humalog when that happened or a longer acting Insulin? Insulin is something that you can't mess around with or you can die. Def. don't want that to happen. haha. I'm also aware that it is VERY easy to gain fat on Insulin which is one reason I would keep it very low. Not looking to ballon up but if I could get some of my muscle back that I've lost I would be thrilled.
    Insulin doesn't make it easier to get fat. It has nothing to do with the storing of fats. It simply removes flucose from the blood and drives them into muscle tissue. High blood sugar is deadly so its the job of insulin to lower it. Over eating makes you fat.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabhuge14 View Post
    Insulin doesn't make it easier to get fat. It has nothing to do with the storing of fats. It simply removes flucose from the blood and drives them into muscle tissue. High blood sugar is deadly so its the job of insulin to lower it. Over eating makes you fat.
    I thought the same as you, but one of insulin ’s primary roles is to store fat. A lot of obese people are insulin resistant and their pancreas produces too much insulin, making them gain more fat. Im sure that fast acting insulin, when used wisely, can help put on muscle and shuttle protein into muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I thought the same as you, but one of insulin’s primary roles is to store fat. A lot of obese people are insulin resistant and their pancreas produces too much insulin, making them gain more fat. Im sure that fast acting insulin, when used wisely, can help put on muscle and shuttle protein into muscles.
    It is not the insulin . It is their diet. Insulin is prove to be beneficial to BB’s. Normally what happens is the people have sweets that they eat so they don’t go hypo- that makes them fat not the insulin.
    As I stated, I dislike taking slin because of the discipline involved. Off cycle, I am pretty disciplined, but insulin takes it further. You eat shit, you will get fat.

Thank you for your feedback. I've done a ton of research on it and spoke with a former pro bodybuilder. Going Hypo is a scary though. I would def. get a glucose monitor. Great advice with the Glucose tabs. I did not know that was a thing. I was planning on having a carb supplement in case of going Hypo. Were you using Humalog when that happened or a longer acting Insulin? Insulin is something that you can't mess around with or you can die. Def. don't want that to happen. haha. I'm also aware that it is VERY easy to gain fat on Insulin which is one reason I would keep it very low. Not looking to ballon up but if I could get some of my muscle back that I've lost I would be thrilled.
    I normally use novalin R. This is a little more tricky. It takes a little more time and actually has two peaks. When I take it pre and post, I need to be careful because the second spike of pre and the first spike of post can align.

The glucose tabs are emergency use only. They are like $5 for a large qty at Walmart. You obviously want food to raise your sugar if possible. This is where the glucose monitor comes in handy.
    Do not fall asleep while slin is active.
    Once you use slin awhile, you do not need the glucose meter. Small changes in diet can make a big difference in sugar levels. I have gone hypo on 2iu’s of fasted cardio on a caloric deficit.

I think the reason a lot of guys get fat from insulin use is because of misuse. Instead of buying a glucose monitor and figuring out how their body resounds to insulin and adjusting their carb intake properly they just pound carbs out of fear of going hypo. Of course a large amount of excess calories is going to lead to fat storage. That doesn't out the insulin at fault. That's just my. 02¢ and I could very well be completely wrong.

I think the reason a lot of guys get fat from insulin use is because of misuse. Instead of buying a glucose monitor and figuring out how their body resounds to insulin and adjusting their carb intake properly they just pound carbs out of fear of going hypo. Of course a large amount of excess calories is going to lead to fat storage. That doesn't out the insulin at fault. That's just my. 02¢ and I could very well be completely wrong.
    You hit the nail on the head.

I think I would agree with this 100%. Fear of going hypo making you eat way more than you need so your body stores the excess as fat. I would think that having your diet perfectly times with the right carbs and protein would elongate this. Speaking with people that use it they all say to I g is everything and there is some trial and error. I’m also a firm believer in less is more.

I think I would agree with this 100%. Fear of going hypo making you eat way more than you need so your body stores the excess as fat. I would think that having your diet perfectly times with the right carbs and protein would elongate this. Speaking with people that use it they all say to I g is everything and there is some trial and error. I’m also a firm believer in less is more.
    My advice is to start out using no more than 5ius and go up from there. You can easily learn how your body responds in a week or two. I personally don't ever go over 20ius per day and that's split between. 2 doses, 10 pre workout and 10 post. I now don't even need to monitor my sugar levels because I have my diet and timing tailored to what works best for my body. Do I still keep glucose tabs and other sugary stuff on hand for emergency purposes, of course I do. And do be scared to use it if ever necessary. Breaking diet slightly is better than ending up in the morgue.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

I always sore up and down I would never use this stuff for the reasoning of your last sentence. Speaking with one of my buddies about what to avoid and how to do it and then spending the next year looking into it. I bought some prob. 6 months ago but never used it. After reading that most people have issues with taking a long lasting Slin and then going to bed and going Hypo during sleep. So, if I have something that only peaks in 2 or so hours and I have everything on hand in case I feel that happening there is WAY less risk esp. with the Glucose monitor. I will literally start with just 2ius's post workout and see how I respond in a week and then slowly bump it up. I will start post workout only but the goal will be to do it pre and post.

My advice is to start out using no more than 5ius and go up from there. You can easily learn how your body responds in a week or two. I personally don't ever go over 20ius per day and that's split between. 2 doses, 10 pre workout and 10 post. I now don't even need to monitor my sugar levels because I have my diet and timing tailored to what works best for my body. Do I still keep glucose tabs and other sugary stuff on hand for emergency purposes, of course I do. And do be scared to use it if ever necessary. Breaking diet slightly is better than ending up in the morgue.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I always sore up and down I would never use this stuff for the reasoning of your last sentence. Speaking with one of my buddies about what to avoid and how to do it and then spending the next year looking into it. I bought some prob. 6 months ago but never used it. After reading that most people have issues with taking a long lasting Slin and then going to bed and going Hypo during sleep. So, if I have something that only peaks in 2 or so hours and I have everything on hand in case I feel that happening there is WAY less risk esp. with the Glucose monitor. I will literally start with just 2ius's post workout and see how I respond in a week and then slowly bump it up. I will start post workout only but the goal will be to do it pre and post.
    I'm not sure how someone goes hypo using products like lantus. I have taken enough lantus to possibly kill someone and never went hypo.

I have follow up blood work on Wednesday and they are pulling my blood glucose levels. They were a little elevated last time but I was drinking a ton of soda. I’ve stopped drinking that cap so I will be curious where it comes out. I want those results before I do anything. I think it is a great starting point

I have follow up blood work on Wednesday and they are pulling my blood glucose levels. They were a little elevated last time but I was drinking a ton of soda. I’ve stopped drinking that cap so I will be curious where it comes out. I want those results before I do anything. I think it is a great starting point
    Your glucose will run higher with hgh and mk677 use. That in turn means you will be able to tolerate a bit more insulin than you would without them. My glucose runs around 93 fasted completely natural. With hgh and mk677 it stays between 110-118. I believe that would be considered pre diabetic numbers. So using exogenous insulin is actually beneficial since it bears a bit of the load for your pancreas. And that's only my theory

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Your glucose will run higher with hgh and mk677 use. That in turn means you will be able to tolerate a bit more insulin than you would without them. My glucose runs around 93 fasted completely natural. With hgh and mk677 it stays between 110-118. I believe that would be considered pre diabetic numbers. So using exogenous insulin is actually beneficial since it bears a bit of the load for your pancreas. And that's only my theory
    Are you saying hgh and or MK677 is hard on the pancreas?

Where are you guys trying to get your Blood Glucose levels at? I would check levels before a meal, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, and 4 hours post meal to track things and adjust the amounts as needed. I'm still doing more research on this as I want to make sure I'm doing everything the right way and not just guessing

Thread Information