Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By Shadow530i
  • 3 Post By kelkel
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: TRT, Blasting & Longevity.

  1. #1
    Eduke93's Avatar
    Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,061

    TRT, Blasting & Longevity.

    Hey!

    I want to know how you TRT guys who also blast here and there maintain your health.

    We all know steroids aren’t a killer but they can promote threatening conditions if not used safely.

    As I’m sure you all know, Rich Piana and Dallas Mcarver, both died mainly from heart defects. There has been reports that say they where both also using rec drugs and had other issues too... everyone I’ve spoken to is now more concerned about their health.

    With that being said, my take on staying healthy... TRT more than you blast per year, maybe 1-2 blasts per year 8-10 weeks personally I wouldn’t run more than 2 grams per week, the rest of the year filled in with your standard TRT dose 150-200mg test p/w, blood work every 6 months, health/vital organ check every 12 months, Donate blood as often as can, clean nutrient dense whole food diet, cardio and sleep. I would also add unless your a competitive bodybuilder and it’s your job, obviously dont abuse juice and don’t get so large that your technically obese. This is what kills most of the guys off (from what I’ve read) the larger you are the harder your heart has to work that combined with the gear use, heavy training and heavy diets is a recipe for issues.

    What else do you guys do to stay healthy?

    Also to add, how long have you been on trt/using steroids and what issues have you had to deal with so far?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Eduke93; 01-16-2018 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Spelling.

  2. #2
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    I don't really know much about this since I have no experience but if you're checking your bloods and organs (that's cool BTW I have to find out how to get docs to do this) then of course you can modulate the damage and once you reach a certain point you can decide whether more muscle is worth it.

    Re: TRT, 150-200 is high as hell for "real" TRT. Real TRT is more like 80-100mg test E (a bit more undecanoate but around one injection per 9-11 weeks). The higher the dose the more RBC you produce... from reading marcus300 thread on short burst cycling and PMing him a lot, I learned that what you want to do is use short esters and maximize the window of opportunity from a 4-8 week blast, then rest as long as needed until bloods and your body in general has returned to the same state. How is your RBC and blood pressure going to go down when your test is so high? Other markers too like PSA, lipids et.c. They'll take a longer time to drop and they'll never drop to your natural levels.

  3. #3
    Eduke93's Avatar
    Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by rnsplg View Post
    I don't really know much about this since I have no experience but if you're checking your bloods and organs (that's cool BTW I have to find out how to get docs to do this) then of course you can modulate the damage and once you reach a certain point you can decide whether more muscle is worth it.

    Re: TRT, 150-200 is high as hell for "real" TRT. Real TRT is more like 80-100mg test E (a bit more undecanoate but around one injection per 9-11 weeks). The higher the dose the more RBC you produce... from reading marcus300 thread on short burst cycling and PMing him a lot, I learned that what you want to do is use short esters and maximize the window of opportunity from a 4-8 week blast, then rest as long as needed until bloods and your body in general has returned to the same state. How is your RBC and blood pressure going to go down when your test is so high? Other markers too like PSA, lipids et.c. They'll take a longer time to drop and they'll never drop to your natural levels.
    Yeah, here in the UK it is easy to get vital organ scans which is great. I just added to my original post, giving blood should also be done as often as can as well.

    With regards to TRT dosing, i have heard that 150mg is pretty standard, I know people who are on 150mg per week, but then again most doctors are clueless in this area. 100mg does sound like more of a "natural" dose. With that being said, I know people who self medicate and they use more due to UGL being a bit hit and miss.

    Interesting with the short esters, that's something I would definitely put in place, it makes sense!

    Cheers for the info!

  4. #4
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    738
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am on real TRT for years now. Was maybe 3 years or so on TRT before I got into AAS. 2 cycles a year is PERFECT if you ask me, the TRT absolutely helps keep the gains.

    I get my blood work done regularly, maybe every 60 days or so, I also donate blood regularly. I get a full physical and med work up once a year. So far, knock on wood, everyone on my med team says I've never been healthier.

  5. #5
    Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    147
    Been on TRT for 6 years....when I blast I lower my test from 200ml test c a week down to 100 a week and toss in a nice low dose of tren e (300ml weekly). This is all I need. My BP and all other blood work is solid except for my RBC being a little high because I don’t give blood as often as I should, doc says it’s fine though.

    I like doing longer cycles as my low dosage results in me having almost zero sides outside of the very minor night sweats and slight decrease in cardiovascular fitness with the tren.

    I haven’t cycled in a long time but I’m working up to blasting low dose tren again during the summer. I’ll probably do it from July-November.
    Eduke93 likes this.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    personally I wouldn’t run more than 2 grams per week,

    Imho, unless competitive recreational users never need that type of a dose. Other than that it's all about blood work, both when on and off.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,655
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what Kelkel said....

    500 test 500 deca is plenty
    350 test 350 tren 350 mast is plenty

    95% of the members of this forum have no real need to run more than a gram a week IMO.
    Eduke93 and 4irishmen like this.

  8. #8
    Eduke93's Avatar
    Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,061
    Yeah I mean 2 grams would be high end, personally the most I’ve ran is 1.8 grams and I felt horrible.

    A gram a week would most likely be my max, and I personally prefer low test high Tren (if I run Tren that is) I wouldn’t exceed test at 200mg p/w and Tren at about 400.

    And yeah, too many people ignore blood work and just go by “how they feel”... recipe for disaster!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,795
    TRT/Blast/Cruise is my lifestyle. All my blood work came back great. I still look like my avatar and get sr. citizen discounts. Ok, only at selected places.
    Eduke93 likes this.

  10. #10
    BuddyGlove1's Avatar
    BuddyGlove1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    115
    I like the post! Curiosity. What strategies would you guys recommend so your bw doesn't totally throw off the doctors? Or do you self treat for trt?

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,881
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGlove1 View Post
    I like the post! Curiosity. What strategies would you guys recommend so your bw doesn't totally throw off the doctors? Or do you self treat for trt?

    Just give enough time for your BW to normalize before you pull it.
    Stay on top of donations. Not all will need this but BW will guide you.
    BuddyGlove1 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    BuddyGlove1's Avatar
    BuddyGlove1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Just give enough time for your BW to normalize before you pull it.
    Stay on top of donations. Not all will need this but BW will guide you.
    Thanks for the answer! Makes sense!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,795
    The only part of my blood work that caused any concern was my hematocrit. A little too much red blood cell. I just donate blood every few weeks and drink a lot of water. That lowered my hematocrit on my last blood work.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •