Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: 55 year old newbie

latino4muscles is offline New Member

55 year old newbie

I've been training for 2 years with a trainer. I would like to take it to the next level, and I'm considering doing a cycle. I wonder if my age would be an issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    In the ideal world I would like to find someone local who can guide me through this process.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latino4muscles View Post
    I've been training for 2 years with a trainer. I would like to take it to the next level, and I'm considering doing a cycle. I wonder if my age would be an issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    In the ideal world I would like to find someone local who can guide me through this process.
    Looking at your picture, i dont think your ready for your first cycle. Diet and Training are key, without theese components the cycle will be pointless.

There tons of informative threads on this forum, spend some time researching and you'll be able to come to your own conclusion.

Also to add, due to your age you may have a tougher time recovering so you should bare in mind that the outcome of a cycle or a few cyles could well lead to TRT.

thank you for your input.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Go do some bloodwork at a mens health or similar doctor and see if you qualify for trt (which you might). Get your trt dialed in and after a year or so do a blast. Trt alone would probably change your life.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

and put some pants on!
    ThatGuy82 and bethdoth like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I would look into getting on TRT to start
    AlphaMindz likes this.

thanks guys, I was thinking about TRT. Recently I had a physical and my testosterone levels are normal for my age though. Is there anything else that you recommend?
    Last edited by latino4muscles; 01-17-2018 at 07:29 AM.

tectime is offline Member
    Oh cool your levels are "just right" at 55. But dude at 55 hrt will be unbelievable. You have a good build for an old dude but again at 55 it's not going to go any farther without the next step. I'm 55 and hrt for like 8 yrs and didn't start in anywhere near as good of shape. Find a good doctor see if you can get set up on a good HRT program run that for about a year or so tweaking out all the little imperfections with bloodwork and adjustments as needed while maintaining your athletic endeavors. The results will be amazing!

thank you tectime for your reply, its very hopeful

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Go do some bloodwork at a mens health or similar doctor and see if you qualify for trt (which you might). Get your trt dialed in and after a year or so do a blast. Trt alone would probably change your life.
    I agree It would change his life.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    thanks guys, I was thinking about TRT. Recently I had a physical and my testosterone levels are normal for my age though. Is there anything else that you recommend?
    Yeah but what's "normal" for your age..? Upper 300's..? That may be normal for a soft bodied, pussified male of our modern day society, but compared to the Romans who yielded 90 lb swords I can assure you they didn't have test levels under 1000! Our diets and sedentary lifestyles and all the phyto estrogens in 90% of our hygiene and other house hold products is turning men into flabby, soft she men with tits lol. I'm only 34 and on trt and wouldn't want it any other way. It's made a PROFOUND change to my mind and body and overall energy levels and feeling of well being. Highly recommend to anyone.

"Normal" Test levels vary widely. You could benefit from a Test cycle. Read http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html it'll give you enough information to plan a good Test cycle. Post your proposed cycle.

my testosterone is in the mid 300's, which according to my doctor is normal for my age.
    How do i get a doctor to prescribe TRT?. How is that different than the test one uses for a cycle ( I purchased without thinking test along with deca and anavar from a friend of mine, but I'm not touching them until I know what I'm doing).

Thread Information