Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eduke93
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Finally screwed up an injection (pic inside)

Jerry2020 is offline Junior Member

Finally screwed up an injection (pic inside)

So it happened, somehow I stuffed up today’s glute injection. What I’m seeking everyone’s opinions on is what exactly happened here?

The lump you see in the pics literally took 30 seconds to appear, I’ve never seen anything else like it before. It’s obviously not an infection because of how rapid the onset was, it’s an instant inflammation response to something I stuffed up. My thoughts are I didn’t properly penetrate into the muscle and the fluid must have got caught between the subcutaneous and muscle layers? The lump itself is not the Test oil, I only injected 1cc and this thing is huge already haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally screwed up an injection (pic inside)-06b46494-226a-491b-a6cd-ea180b615d15.jpeg  

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Have a hot bath and massage the area. Just looks like as you said didn’t penetrate the muscle and the oil is pooling in your subq.

Give it a few days and it should clear, if the inflammation persists consult your doctor!!
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Yeah it was just the speed at which it swelled up that surprised me, the body is a crazy thing.

The initial swelling that was near the surface of the skin has now retreated a bit lower so it’s not so pronounced, it’s not really even sore to touch, hopefully it’ll disperse itself in a couple of days as you say

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Lol that's not funny that's scary as hell. That's worst case scenario and you're going to give the guy a heart attack.

Looks like what has happened to me too and as eduke says it went subq. Glutes can be tricky usually we have lots of fat so this happens.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You fine, start using 1.5 needles in your glutes

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Good luck, hopefully it goes away soon

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    You fine, start using 1.5 needles in your glutes
    I’m using a 23G 1.5”. I think what happened is I was just a little bit tentative/slow putting it in, so when it got to the muscle layer instead of actually penetrating it just sort of pushed against it, even though to me the needle was all the way in, maybe it’s even building up some scar tissue after a few injections now that I might have to make sure I get through to get into the muscle.

Seems sweet so far, not even sore to touch which I find very surprising, should be gone in a day or two

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Looks gnarly Tarmy haha that’s rough, chicks dig scars though right?

Thread Information