Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Interpreting correlation between bloods and test dose

Heel94 is offline Junior Member

Interpreting correlation between bloods and test dose

Just something that I was pondering and was curious if anyone had the answer to this. A big question that has always been on my mind since I started taking gear was whether or not my size was a factor that would/should influence the doses I take. (I'm a big guy, 6'7 300). I was wondering if blood work could shed light on this. I posted about my blood work results a couple weeks ago and had a total test reading of 3000, while taking 750mg test e/wk. So my question is...is that total test number more a reflection of the dose of test regardless of the individual, or is it a reflection of how I as an individual responded to that dose and it would be different for someone else? In other words, let's say a 200lb man took my exact same dose and brand of test. And all other factors equated as far as diet, AI, etc. Would we expect him to have the same test reading in the blood work as me? Is the blood work number simply an identification of 750mg of test in the blood stream? Or because he is a smaller and simply different guy, would the same dose of test yield different numbers in the blood work? Hope this question makes sense

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    It all has to do with your personal bloodwork. What you are talking about it the consumer mentality, which often contends that if one capsule works well for him and I am twice his size so I should take more. Every person is different and you have to go just off your personal body, bloodwork and tolerances.

I can tell you this, I have seen a guy that is your size get an IV of pain medication, a small amount, for the first time and it knocked him out cold. Have a person that is half his size and the same amount of pain meds and no pain releif at all. Both had no histroy with pain medication.

Heel94 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    It all has to do with your personal bloodwork. What you are talking about it the consumer mentality, which often contends that if one capsule works well for him and I am twice his size so I should take more. Every person is different and you have to go just off your personal body, bloodwork and tolerances.

I can tell you this, I have seen a guy that is your size get an IV of pain medication, a small amount, for the first time and it knocked him out cold. Have a person that is half his size and the same amount of pain meds and no pain releif at all. Both had no histroy with pain medication.
    The question I am asking now is less about the size/dose question, and more about what the blood work is telling me and whether or not the testosterone readings in the blood work is more an indication of the dose in and of itself or if it is an indication of how my body is responding to that dose. In other words, can we assume that the dose necessary for an individual to have blood work report total T of 3000 is different for everyone, or is it a matter of a dose of 750mg/week should yield a bloodwork reading of 3000 regardless of the individual, and different people would just respond to having total test of 3000 differently than others?

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From what I understand, yes, it would absolutely make a difference. A larger man has more androgen receptors (theoretically speaking) and more muscle mass for the active hormone to have to saturate, therefore able to utilize a greater amount of exo testosterone than a smaller man. I would imagine that the larger the person, the larger dose needed to achieve the same results. This is, admittedly, speculative but makes logical sense to me lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Heel94 View Post
    Just something that I was pondering and was curious if anyone had the answer to this. A big question that has always been on my mind since I started taking gear was whether or not my size was a factor that would/should influence the doses I take. (I'm a big guy, 6'7 300). I was wondering if blood work could shed light on this. I posted about my blood work results a couple weeks ago and had a total test reading of 3000, while taking 750mg test e/wk. So my question is...is that total test number more a reflection of the dose of test regardless of the individual, or is it a reflection of how I as an individual responded to that dose and it would be different for someone else? In other words, let's say a 200lb man took my exact same dose and brand of test. And all other factors equated as far as diet, AI, etc. Would we expect him to have the same test reading in the blood work as me? Is the blood work number simply an identification of 750mg of test in the blood stream? Or because he is a smaller and simply different guy, would the same dose of test yield different numbers in the blood work? Hope this question makes sense
    you've pretty much asked this before....
    but I will answer again anyway....
    your testosterone level is a measure of concentration of testosterone in your blood....
    all things being equal....
    a 300lb man has more blood than a 200lb man so...
    an equal dose of testosterone will yield a lower concentration in a 300lb man than a 200lb man...
    thus your reading of 3000 may have resulted in a reading of 4500 in a 200lb man...

the testosterone level does not indicate how well you respond to test.... it just indicates how concentrated your testosterone levels are in your blood.
    David LoPan likes this.

Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Blood volume has more to do with height than weight, and a 6’7 guy will have the same 11 liters as a 6’3 guy, but a 5’0 female would likely only have 7 liters.

At least, that’s what the people told me where I donate blood at.

about 7% of your bodyweight is blood....

https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-...s-in-your-body

where you live, hydration, and other factors can influence that percentage

Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    about 7% of your bodyweight is blood....

https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-...s-in-your-body

where you live, hydration, and other factors can influence that percentage
    Wait.....are you telling me that they highly trained red cross members didn't know what they were talking about? Unbelievable!

On a serious note, thanks for the actual correct info and link. Appreciate it mate.

Thread Information