Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By David LoPan

Thread: Cardio day (bulking)

Tacosngains is offline New Member

Cardio day (bulking)

Do any of you do a day of cardio? When i get to the gym and im waiting on my preworkout to kick in I usually jog untill i get my heartrate up usually 5-8 mins. I target for about 155 and then get to work. Thats about all i do for cardio... How about you all?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I used to HATE cardio. I would always walk on the dread mill for 20 minutes and get a look at the gym and prepare for my workout then 5 minutes on the stair masters machines.

Now I am taking the women's cardio classes at my gym. My cardio has improved a ton. But due to what my goals were I was doing it incorrectly. Now if you are bulking then you do not want to do a HIIT type of class. I have now learned from GH that HIIT style cardio depletes your body of glycogen stores very rapidly which will impact your bulking phase.

Use the MISS Cardio while fasting. Elliptical or treadmill for 30-40 minutes and keep your heart rate at 140 BPM the whole time. That will burn the fat away and leave the glycogen stores to build muscle.
    Tacosngains and GearHeaded like this.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm riding my bike every day, 30-50km, 1.5-3 hours ED...

my ass hurts...

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cardio day (bulking)

Some form of cycle training daily, and I walk 8-10 miles per day.

Muh legs and feet, they’s always angry.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    I always do 10-15 mins of intense CV pre workout so about 90mins a week total.

Hasn't affected weight gain personally.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When bulking I do liss as needed to keep my bodyfat in check. I will do it about 2x week and then adjust from there. When cutting it is hiit daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    I cringe when I hear bodybuilders say they don't do cardio. After all, the most important muscle in the body is the heart!

I do 10 minute warm ups before every resistance training session. This is a mild warm up, with a max heart rate at about 160. I want to be at the point where I am just barely starting to break a sweat.

Moreover, I at the minimum do 90 minutes of high-intensity (~85% max HR) cardio a week.

Ideally for my routine, this consist of two 45-minute sessions with no resistance training on cardio days. The other 4 days of my routine are dedicated to resistance training.

It works well because while my muscle groups are recovering I can tax a different system of my body.

The sad reality for bodybuilders cardio is undoubtedly the most important facet to fitness when referring to overall health and longevity.

eng236 is offline New Member
    do mma year round and 4x a week I do at least 90 minutes of hardcore cardio. eat before and after

I punch the bag - 6 rounds of 2 minutes with 1 minute break between round. My heart rate gets way the heck up there and I break into a HUGE sweat. Totally warmed up and ready to go after that. A good warm up helps my joints increase mobility and blood into the muscles before I put load on them.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I cringe when I hear bodybuilders say they don't do cardio. After all, the most important muscle in the body is the heart!

I do 10 minute warm ups before every resistance training session. This is a mild warm up, with a max heart rate at about 160. I want to be at the point where I am just barely starting to break a sweat.

Moreover, I at the minimum do 90 minutes of high-intensity (~85% max HR) cardio a week.

Ideally for my routine, this consist of two 45-minute sessions with no resistance training on cardio days. The other 4 days of my routine are dedicated to resistance training.

It works well because while my muscle groups are recovering I can tax a different system of my body.

The sad reality for bodybuilders cardio is undoubtedly the most important facet to fitness when referring to overall health and longevity.
    Agreed, however I used to do too much cardio and it affected my leg muscle development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information