Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By guitarzan
  • 1 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By ThatGuy82

Thread: Gear exposed to cold

Heel94 is offline Junior Member

Gear exposed to cold

Random question here that hopefully doesn’t land me in the noob category. This just crossed my mind. I’m expecting a delivery in the mail (an outdoor mailbox) and live in a location that gets very cold this time of year. If I have a few packages bottles of gear sitting in a very cold mailbox for a few days, will the cold temps compromise the gear in any way or is this nothing to worry about?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Heel94 View Post
    Random question here that hopefully doesn’t land me in the noob category. This just crossed my mind. I’m expecting a delivery in the mail (an outdoor mailbox) and live in a location that gets very cold this time of year. If I have a few packages bottles of gear sitting in a very cold mailbox for a few days, will the cold temps compromise the gear in any way or is this nothing to worry about?
    It may come out of solution,.but a hot (not boiling) water bath should put it back into solution. I've had high-ish concentration prop crash @ ~20°F and if went back into solution w/no issues.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    my luggage got lost and my gear ended up being frozen crystals when i got it back. just put it in some hot water and it's good.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Like they said heat it up with hot water and you will be good.
    Happens all the time where I am from.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you heat your gear so you can use it, you might be a northern redneck!
    diesel101, ThatGuy82 and bethdoth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    That is so true!
    guitarzan likes this.

If you put your gear under your armpit until it warms, you might be a redneck.
    guitarzan likes this.

ThatGuy82 is offline Junior Member
    Hahaha any New Yorkers in the house? Not them fancy city slickers either lol
    guitarzan likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I live in south ga, so it's very seldom it gets below freezing, and our summers usually hits triple digits. My wife's mother use to live in New Hampshire and we drove up one Christmas to visit. When we got there it was -8 with snow and ice everywhere.....fuck that!

Saheim is offline New Member
    I live in south ga, so it's very seldom it gets below freezing, and our summers usually hits triple digits. My wife's mother use to live in New Hampshire and we drove up one Christmas to visit. When we got there it was -8 with snow and ice everywhere.....fuck that!

Shit, bro, it happened to me in FLORIDA. I did the same thing this guy did - jumped on here and asked, hoping some northern guys could tell me they had seen this before.

FL winners can get down to the low 20's even high teens. I forgot my gear, in the car. Woke up to s slushy.

The fine folks here told me I was good to go. So.... some warm water and I was back in biz.

Best site on the internet!

Oh, on a side note - triple digit summers? I thought FL had hot summers (103ish), until I moved to KS. It gets HOT here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saheim View Post
    Shit, bro, it happened to me in FLORIDA. I did the same thing this guy did - jumped on here and asked, hoping some northern guys could tell me they had seen this before.

FL winners can get down to the low 20's even high teens. I forgot my gear, in the car. Woke up to s slushy.

The fine folks here told me I was good to go. So.... some warm water and I was back in biz.

Best site on the internet!

Oh, on a side note - triple digit summers? I thought FL had hot summers (103ish), until I moved to KS. It gets HOT here.
    -8 and teens I wish it was that nice here in the winter. The worst part is we still get triple digits in the summer with humidity.
    We are the asshole of the earth when it comes to weather.

Thread Information