• 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 2 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Muscles grabbing/pulling on cycle

Jerry2020 is offline Junior Member

Muscles grabbing/pulling on cycle

Hi everyone, bit of a different question and I’m not sure exactly how to word it.

I’m most the way through my first cycle and ever since a couple of weeks in I’ve noticed that my muscles seem to pull or get caught when I move in certain directions.

For an example, if I’m doing a workout or even in the shower or wherever and I go to move my arm above my head or out to the side, more often than not the connecting muscle from my pec to my arm will grab very suddenly. It feels like the muscle is getting caught on something, and pulls pretty bad. Happens for a heap of muscles around my chest/back area. It’s not cramps, I know what they’re like and this isn’t it. A few times it’s happened I thought I might’ve actually pulled or even torn a muscle but then I just move it back and the pain is instantly gone. No lingering pain at all.

I can only assume it’s got something to do with a rapid growth rate and tight muscles from being worked pretty hard? I try and stretch quite a bit but it doesn’t seem to change much.

It’s not really causing any issues, just a bit inconvenient and painful for a split second but I just thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced this or if it is a known issue while on AAS? Would be interested to hear similar stories or theories. Never experienced it prior to AAS, or certainly nowhere near this level, I can guarantee it will probably happen to me a dozen times a day at the moment

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    I have never experienced this, Are you drinking enough water and stretching?

Maybe with the strength increase you have actually done some damage?

Could be anything really, If the issue persists i would consult your doctor, dont want it to get worse!!

Keep your eye on it. I'd be curious to know how you feel after PCT.

Yeah I thought it was a weirdo issue, I had an idea of almost every side effect to possibly expect with AAS and this wasn’t one of them.

Yeah drinking plenty of water, so that shouldn’t be a problem. Is it Taurine that guys supplement with to help with cramps on Clen ? Might be something I will look into as it might help with this issue

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes on the taurine

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    hows your salt intake ? hopefully its on the high side. if not-
    up your sodium intake big time, get plenty of electrolytes, supplement with ZMA (almost all enhanced bodybuilders are deficient in zinc and magnesium), and try 1g of Taurine per day.

you may want to give yourself a 3 day rest period if you been killing really hard in the gym lately and let your electrolytes and minerals get in balance.
    Jerry2020 likes this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I'd geuss not enough water like some stated above

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    hows your salt intake ? hopefully its on the high side. if not-
    up your sodium intake big time, get plenty of electrolytes, supplement with ZMA (almost all enhanced bodybuilders are deficient in zinc and magnesium), and try 1g of Taurine per day.

you may want to give yourself a 3 day rest period if you been killing really hard in the gym lately and let your electrolytes and minerals get in balance.
    Just started taking ZMA mainly for the sleep benefits a week or two ago, haven’t noticed any improvement in these symptoms though.

I’ll get onto the Taurine and report back in a week or two, from research it sounds like a good all round supplement anyway whether it helps this situation or not

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Ill be honest i was kind of feeling crappy a few weeks in to my cycle. I started drinking an excessive amount of water and have no issues anymore. ZMA and potassium couldnt hurt either

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry2020 View Post
    Yeah I thought it was a weirdo issue, I had an idea of almost every side effect to possibly expect with AAS and this wasn’t one of them.

Yeah drinking plenty of water, so that shouldn’t be a problem. Is it Taurine that guys supplement with to help with cramps on Clen? Might be something I will look into as it might help with this issue
    Yes, its Taurine. I needed to take almost 3g/ed to keep the cramps away. I did change my clen cycle. Instead of taking a lot of it for a couple of weeks. I wanted to see what would happen if I took 40mcg/ed for several weeks and increased my cardio. Ok, I was also on Test 300mg/wk and Mast 100mg/wk. I went from 11% bf down to 8% bf in 4 weeks. If I could have stayed away from the snacks I think I could have gotten lower but I needed my cookie fix once in a while
    Jerry2020 likes this.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had something similar happen with my wrist after a heavy bench press day. In my case, I believe I strained my wrist by letting the bar come up too high on my palm and pressing my wrist back. Anyway, my point is that for a solid week to 2 weeks it would feel like it's getting stuck in a closed position and pull downwards almost like a cramp but I could tell it wasn't a cramp. It was, to my knowledge, a strained tendon or ligament from handling more weight than my tendons and ligaments were used to handling, even though the muscle was strong enough to push the weight. You def can't do wrong with adding minerals like zinc and magnesium to your regimen, and upping your fluid and electrolyte intake. However, I would also consider the fact that maybe you're increasing your working rep weight too quickly and causing a strain to your tendons and/or ligaments which is causing the recoiling action you're describing. In my case is was a clear strain because I felt it as soon as it happened, but you may very well be experiencing the same thing but not in an acute manner like I was. Add the minerals like GH suggested, but I would also try lowering the weight for your working sets and increasing the reps for a 2 weeks and see if that makes a difference.
    Jerry2020 likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I read the title and assumed it was a complaint on how many girls grab your muscles and try to kiss you.
    ScotchGuard02 and Jerry2020 like this.

^^^LOL, that would be awesome.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Would love a too many girls problem

Thread Information