Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Hemochromatosis and test

  1. #1
    Kingtriceps is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6

    Hemochromatosis and test

    New to the forums, I have a question I need resolving since I canít seem to find an answer at all. I am a competitive powerlifter and competed natural for 15 years . Recently diagnosed with hemochromatosis . Before this I was planning my first test cycle being that I donít want to be natural anymore . It seems Iíve reached my genetic potential and I want to be beyond that now. Iím 32 years old, 5í7, bw 198. The doctor said I had high iron. I had 4 phlebotomys done to put this at a normal level. I have all the symptoms of low t and my free test is 400, total is 550. Doc said if I took any testosterone whatsoever I would most likely have a heart attack due to hemochromatosis . He also said it attacks the pituitary and also kills testosterone . If anyone has this genetic disorder and takes any testosterone please help me out with Answers. Iíve searched on here in forums and doesnít quite help me since most are not specific . Thanks

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    He's blowing things way out of proportion with his heart attach reference as well as the pituitary claim, imho. Scare tactics maybe as he doesn't understand hormones. As long as a TRT protocol is run competently and within reason while monitoring BW appropriately you'd have no issues. Same with a cycle as long as you monitor your hemo/hema and take appropriate action to maintain normal levels.

    Welcome to the forum btw.
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  3. #3
    Kingtriceps is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    He's blowing things way out of proportion with his heart attach reference as well as the pituitary claim, imho. Scare tactics maybe as he doesn't understand hormones. As long as a TRT protocol is run competently and within reason while monitoring BW appropriately you'd have no issues. Same with a cycle as long as you monitor your hemo/hema and take appropriate action to maintain normal levels.

    Welcome to the forum btw.
    Hey thanks kelkel . You have no idea how this is killing me right now . My lifting is basically my life . Iím miserable without it . Thanks man

  4. #4
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,630
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingtriceps View Post
    New to the forums, I have a question I need resolving since I canít seem to find an answer at all. I am a competitive powerlifter and competed natural for 15 years . Recently diagnosed with hemochromatosis . Before this I was planning my first test cycle being that I donít want to be natural anymore . It seems Iíve reached my genetic potential and I want to be beyond that now. Iím 32 years old, 5í7, bw 198. The doctor said I had high iron. I had 4 phlebotomys done to put this at a normal level. I have all the symptoms of low t and my free test is 400, total is 550. Doc said if I took any testosterone whatsoever I would most likely have a heart attack due to hemochromatosis . He also said it attacks the pituitary and also kills testosterone . If anyone has this genetic disorder and takes any testosterone please help me out with Answers. Iíve searched on here in forums and doesnít quite help me since most are not specific . Thanks
    Was blood work showing high iron the only test they did?
    ďIf you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.Ē Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  5. #5
    Kingtriceps is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Yes they found high iron when I wanted testosterone levels checked . Now when I went to endocrinologist he said he wants to do blood work on all hormone levels . I do that in a couple days .

  6. #6
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,630
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingtriceps View Post
    Yes they found high iron when I wanted testosterone levels checked . Now when I went to endocrinologist he said he wants to do blood work on all hormone levels . I do that in a couple days .
    I’m not sure I would accept a diagnoses as consequenctual as that on a singular blood test. Did they perform any MRI’s of your liver or any type of genetic testing to confirm? There are a multitude of things that can show high iron levels.
    ďIf you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.Ē Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  7. #7
    Kingtriceps is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Iím not sure I would accept a diagnoses as consequenctual as that on a singular blood test. Did they perform any MRIís of your liver or any type of genetic testing to confirm? There are a multitude of things that can show high iron levels.
    Yep, they did X-rays to check everything make sure the iron wasnít hurting my heart and liver . All was good . But I have the genetic disorder from my family . And by checking the blood they diagnosed me with it . Not only by high iron . Since hemochromatosis attacks all hormones and many organs when there is high iron heís checking estrogen, dhea, pituitary . But my main concern is I still wanted to take testosterone with having this disorder without my blood being so thick , thatís why endocrinologist said with the disorder testosterone would give me heart attack. So is it a lose/lose for me? Hemo attacks my testosterone and I canít take testosterone either ? Pretty screwed up

  8. #8
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingtriceps View Post
    Yes they found high iron when I wanted testosterone levels checked . Now when I went to endocrinologist he said he wants to do blood work on all hormone levels . I do that in a couple days .
    And how much high that would be? I agree with MS a single blood test is NOT enough you need quite of a knowledgeable doc to sort this out.

  9. #9
    Kingtriceps is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    And how much high that would be? I agree with MS a single blood test is NOT enough you need quite of a knowledgeable doc to sort this out.
    Well my primary doctor was only concerned with the high iron and did multiple blood tests but only for testosterone and iron. So he told me I couldnt inject any test because he diagnosed me with hemo. Thatís when I decided to go to endocrinologist and tomorrow heís doing all blood tests . He just had me worried about if I inject any test it would give me heart attack .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •