• 1 Post By GuanacoJuicer
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By Lordluke
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By GuanacoJuicer
  • 1 Post By Lordluke
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: Are steroids addictive or .......

GuanacoJuicer is offline New Member

Are steroids addictive or .......

Is it all the ancillary benefits that gets people hooked. I personally have never used AAS so don't know what its like to be on them. But have dabbled with sarms and currently running a couple of compounds. All I can say is that the feeling of being in the gym and being able to set and break PRs almost every week is quite addictive. Not to mention all the people that comment on your gains. That reinforcement and above natural performance is addictive to me. But don't believe the actual compounds are addictive.

If anyone who has cycled AAS could provide some insight that would be appreciated. Is it the actual steroids that have addictive properties or do you get hooked on the results ?

I plan on graduating to steroids sometime next year and wanted more info.

Thanks
    Too-$mall likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't give you a technical answer, but when I come off a cycle I get depressed...lol
    It's not the results for me, it's the super man feeling

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally it's the mental addiction as guitarzan said it's the god like superman feeling

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    when AAS becomes part of your life and your daily routine, just like your training does, and just like your nutrition and meals do.. it then becomes a bit of a 'dependency' . not necessarily an 'addiction' . no more an addiction then say having an addiction to lean chicken and cans of tuna ,, just because I depend on those meats on a daily basis does not mean I'm addicted to them by any means.. they are just part of my daily routine to give me the results I want.

same with AAS and PEDs. its as much of my daily routine as food, sleep, water. its not an addiction at all. its a dependency on something that is aiding me in my routine and way of life.

I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, and pin a cc of Tren and begin my day. thats just a routine way of life.

theres not even a super human or any other feeling with it anymore , its just what I do and how I operate and live.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Starting to get the feeling that I don’t want to be without them

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    when AAS becomes part of your life and your daily routine, just like your training does, and just like your nutrition and meals do.. it then becomes a bit of a 'dependency' . not necessarily an 'addiction' . no more an addiction then say having an addiction to lean chicken and cans of tuna ,, just because I depend on those meats on a daily basis does not mean I'm addicted to them by any means.. they are just part of my daily routine to give me the results I want.

same with AAS and PEDs. its as much of my daily routine as food, sleep, water. its not an addiction at all. its a dependency on something that is aiding me in my routine and way of life.

I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, and pin a cc of Tren and begin my day. thats just a routine way of life.

theres not even a super human or any other feeling with it anymore , its just what I do and how I operate and live.
    Perfectly said!

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

Well said

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah Gear nailed it. I would add that there's definitely an element of having gotten used to looking and feeling a certain way, too. Steroids give you a look that's unattainable naturally (unless you're a genetic super freak) and I think a lot of people get used to that look and the confidence and accomplishment one feels when looking and performing at a supra physiological level. That can be "addictive" or at the very least we become so used to operating at that level that the notion of going "back to normal" is out of the question.
    Octaneforce likes this.

That is what I thought. I can definitely see how operating at a level above normal and getting results that are above normal can be " addictive "

Who wants to be normal anyways... lol.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Very. Me and my wife both hate it when I am off cycle.
    Last edited by Tigershark; 02-02-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Putting on 15lbs in 3 months is what makes it addictive at first lol. My favorite comment is "i just want to do once cycle and stop" haha! Yeah okay nobody worth mentioning ever did only 1 cycle. This is a lifelong journey. Or more like a roller coaster. Weeeee

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Guanaco hmm. Sounds like another word I know quite well. lol.

Ditto what everyone said! there's another one for you. gear is good. good is gear.

hey what about peptides? Those can be awesome too.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I will be 57 in July and have been doing cycles since about 51. I don't know when the day will come when I have to stop? But I am not looking forward to that day. I do keep it simple with two low dose tren Ace and test CYP cycles a year to achieve the look I want. Like everyone has said I am addicted to looking a certain way, the comments I get, and other added benefits of being muscular and somewhat ripped. I don't feel that the steroid itself is addicting like a drug. I just came off cycle and I don't crave tren, but will miss the hardness and strength of my muscles in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    I will be 57 in July and have been doing cycles since about 51. I don't know when the day will come when I have to stop? But I am not looking forward to that day. I do keep it simple with two low dose tren Ace and test CYP cycles a year to achieve the look I want. Like everyone has said I am addicted to looking a certain way, the comments I get, and other added benefits of being muscular and somewhat ripped. I don't feel that the steroid itself is addicting like a drug. I just came off cycle and I don't crave tren, but will miss the hardness and strength of my muscles in a few months.
    But you sir are on TRT, no? Are you saying at your age you're coming off completely and doing pct?
    Sorry don't mean to get off topic but I'm trying to reconcile your statement of 2 Cyp and Tren cycles a year... That implies that you're coming off Cyp as well..Are you bridging Cyp with TRT doses or coming off completely?

Lordluke is offline Junior Member
    I would answer yes. I myself trained natty for 15 bloody years, I did really well but I never really achieved the look I wanted, that look was enhanced. Now once I took the plunge into AAS, I finally achieved the look I dreamt of for 15 years, I was hooked and you could say addicted, because at that time I already made my mind up that I would be cycling now for a very long time.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    But you sir are on TRT, no? Are you saying at your age you're coming off completely and doing pct?
    Sorry don't mean to get off topic but I'm trying to reconcile your statement of 2 Cyp and Tren cycles a year... That implies that you're coming off Cyp as well..Are you bridging Cyp with TRT doses or coming off completely?
    Oh no I will continue HRT for as long as feasible. I mean if I end up like my dad and have Alzheimer at 79, I am sure my wife won't be injecting me with test!
    Too-$mall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    Oh no I will continue HRT for as long as feasible. I mean if I end up like my dad and have Alzheimer at 79, I am sure my wife won't be injecting me with test!
    Oh ok that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordluke View Post
    I would answer yes. I myself trained natty for 15 bloody years, I did really well but I never really achieved the look I wanted, that look was enhanced. Now once I took the plunge into AAS, I finally achieved the look I dreamt of for 15 years, I was hooked and you could say addicted, because at that time I already made my mind up that I would be cycling now for a very long time.
    I can relate. I have been training religiously for 5 years and follow a really good diet but still have not achieve the body I crave. Don't get me wrong , not many people are 5'10" 185 lbs, with 8 to 13 % body fat like i am currently so I have made tremendous gains. But its not quite what i am looking for. I know it's only a matter of time before I run my first cycle of many.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Lordluke is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanacoJuicer View Post
    I can relate. I have been training religiously for 5 years and follow a really good diet but still have not achieve the body I crave. Don't get me wrong , not many people are 5'10" 185 lbs, with 8 to 13 % body fat like i am currently so I have made tremendous gains. But its not quite what i am looking for. I know it's only a matter of time before I run my first cycle of many.
    Mate just really think about that decision for a while first, because once you take that first jab your life will change. I will admit I kind of wish I never went down this road, a lot of things change, your mood, even your way of thinking. I’ve effected loved ones by my selfishness at times also. On top of all this you can also effect your health. My advice is just make sure this is something you’re serious about and willing to put in whatever effort required, including keeping up to date with doctors ect.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Can't say I felt that much positive. Well on my test only cycle I felt a little boost and nice pumps but not like I could do things I couldn't, my motivation is the same. With anadrol I got other issues with cramps and a slightly decreased appetite, wasn't the best feel good drug. So I can't say I crave being on cycle for the sake of how it feels.

AllexCord is offline Banned
    Absolutely they are mentally addictive. However it's all about self-discipline, undoubtedly the majority of guys don't stay off long enough between cycles.

Thread Information