Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TRTdrew
  • 1 Post By Hoss34
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: So finally come to term that Ill need that extra push to get any decent shape.

David99 is offline New Member

Smile So finally come to term that Ill need that extra push to get any decent shape.

Little back story. I've been lifting for about 4 years and pretty much still look the same. Deep down, I've always known i didn't have what it took. Keep in mind I only look somewhat "normal" now thanks to lifting consistently for all these years. But yea, I used to have really really narrow shoulders and super super wide hips and I still somewhat do. I've kept diet in check for over 2 of those 4 years. Did SS, phul, ppl different rep scheme etc,..and it's frustrating seeing people who work out for a couple months and already loook better than you. Maybe there's a deeper health condition, who knowns. Anyways I attached some pics, I was thinking of running test e and dbol for my first cycle and seeing how my body responds. Advice/ thoughts ? Plz don't try to convince me to stay natty, aesthetics is just not happening that way with my genetics.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/ZuDYx
    First pic was pre-lifting. U can already see the Kim k hips. Last couple pics I look flat cuz I haven't worked in a week or so because of school. But yea

Lifts are:
    Squats 275 3x5
    Deadlifts 335 3x5
    Dumbbell bench 80lbs 3x5
    Ohp 115 3x5 (not strict)

Northernpumps is offline Junior Member
    What’s your diet looking like ?? I’m gonna guess not enough calories, not nearly ... you’re gonna do what you’re gonna do regardless what anyone says so up the diet first, and read all the stickies in the forum.. i wont Give any AAS advise cause there’s plenty there for beginner cycles so follow that advice but what are you getting for calories daily???

was at 3.1k for a while because I had a really physical demanding job on top of lifting. but since I quit to focus on school that started. I bumped down to about 2.8-2.9k. even then I'm already seeing fat gains. I just tend to gain weight real fast. as for foods. mostly rice, oatmeal, ground beef, peanut butter, shakes, eggs, greek yogurt, chicken and veggies. haven't had fast foods or binge ate in 2-3 years now. just feels like a waste of time really

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Doesn't matter as much about calories, matters a lot of what specifically you are eating. what type of carbs, fats....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    Doesn't matter as much about calories, matters a lot of what specifically you are eating. what type of carbs, fats....etc.
    listed in the previous that my diet consists only of rice, oatmeal, ground beef, peanut butter, shakes, eggs, greek yogurt, milk,chicken and veggies. proteins are 1g per pounds. about 70-90g of fast. rest carbs

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    How many shakes a day? Where are your fats beside peanut butter?

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    Dude you are only 20. You don’t look bad. I won’t try to convince you to stay natty. It’s your body and your life. I would just suggest that you have plenty of time to get yourself fully informed. At 20 years old there should be no rush. Read up. 1st cycle is TEST ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    How many shakes a day? Where are your fats beside peanut butter?
    Beef

Hoss34 is offline Junior Member
    Everything starts with a proper diet. Google macro calculator and make sure you are meeting you macronutrient intake for the day. Oatmeal is a complex carb, save that for breakfast. I would eat the rice after your workouts as it absorbs fast and that's what you need along with a protein shake within 30min of your workouts. When you get hungry again about an hour after your post-workout shake and carbs, eat again. Not sure what type of veggies you're eating, as a high protein diet will cause your body to go on the acidic side and certain greens with help counter that. Try grapes for carbs as they help counter your protein acid load and are a good source of carbs. Switch that peanut butter to almond butter. Whenever you're hungry make sure to eat.

When you workout focus on your movements and the muscle you are working. It's not about how much weight you can move, it's about the quality of your rep. The biggest guy at my gym lift's the lightest amount of weight. Kick the dumbells and find a good chest press machine and concentrate on your pectoral muscles. The same for your other muscles. If you plan on being a power lifter and want to continue doing compound movements, that's a different story and out of my knowledge base.

It's mind over matter. You should be saying "deep down, I DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, AND I WILL HIT MY GOALS"

If you're not hitting goals now, you won't when you're on gear either.
    Last edited by Hoss34; 02-06-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss34 View Post
    Everything starts with a proper diet. Google macro calculator and make sure you are meeting you macronutrient intake for the day. Oatmeal is a complex carb, save that for breakfast. I would eat the rice after your workouts as it absorbs fast and that's what you need along with a protein shake within 30min of your workouts. When you get hungry again about an hour after your post-workout shake and carbs, eat again. Not sure what type of veggies you're eating, as a high protein diet will cause your body to go on the acidic side and certain greens with help counter that. Try grapes for carbs as they help counter your protein acid load and are a good source of carbs. Switch that peanut butter to almond butter. Whenever you're hungry make sure to eat.

When you workout focus on your movements and the muscle you are working. It's not about how much weight you can move, it's about the quality of your rep. The biggest guy at my gym lift's the lightest amount of weight. Kick the dumbells and find a good chest press machine and concentrate on your pectoral muscles. The same for your other muscles. If you plan on being a power lifter and want to continue doing compound movements, that's a different story and out of my knowledge base.

It's mind over matter. You should be saying "deep down, I DO HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, AND I WILL HIT MY GOALS"

If you're not hitting goals now, you won't when you're on gear either.
    Compound movements are the only thing that I keep heavy. Accessories are always hypertrophy based. See phul. Also I'd rather db bench because it spares my already bad rotator cuffs

Quote Originally Posted by David99 View Post
    Little back story. I've been lifting for about 4 years and pretty much still look the same. Deep down, I've always known i didn't have what it took. Keep in mind I only look somewhat "normal" now thanks to lifting consistently for all these years. But yea, I used to have really really narrow shoulders and super super wide hips and I still somewhat do. I've kept diet in check for over 2 of those 4 years. Did SS, phul, ppl different rep scheme etc,..and it's frustrating seeing people who work out for a couple months and already loook better than you. Maybe there's a deeper health condition, who knowns. Anyways I attached some pics, I was thinking of running test e and dbol for my first cycle and seeing how my body responds. Advice/ thoughts ? Plz don't try to convince me to stay natty, aesthetics is just not happening that way with my genetics.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/ZuDYx
    First pic was pre-lifting. U can already see the Kim k hips. Last couple pics I look flat cuz I haven't worked in a week or so because of school. But yea
    I don't think you look bad at all. Good things happen over time. Keep with a good eating and training routine.

Hoss34 is offline Junior Member
    Compound movements are the only thing that I keep heavy. Accessories are always hypertrophy based. See phul. Also I'd rather db bench because it spares my already bad rotator cuffs
    I'm not sure of your exact workout routine, so this is what I would suggest. One week do your strength training and the next do your isolation movements, or you can do two weeks and two weeks. If you are properly doing your isolation (hypertrophy) movements then you will need to rest those muscles more, meaning don't work a certain muscle more than once that week. You can however work your compound movements twice a week as you don't need as much rest/recovery for that type of exercise. I definitely would not incorporate both strength and isolation into one week, you will simply over train your muscles and not allow for proper recovery. Make sure your workouts do not exceed 60min and to get proper rest.

I suggested the chest press machine because IMO it is hard to isolate your pects using dumbbells. I prefer the type that angle inward as you extend, as it becomes easier to squeeze your pects at the top of the movement. If you are doing full ROM then your are not isolating your pects. When doing isolation you should find a weight that allows you to work just that muscle and to get a good squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I don't think you look bad at all. Good things happen over time. Keep with a good eating and training routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss34 View Post
    I'm not sure of your exact workout routine, so this is what I would suggest. One week do your strength training and the next do your isolation movements, or you can do two weeks and two weeks. If you are properly doing your isolation (hypertrophy) movements then you will need to rest those muscles more, meaning don't work a certain muscle more than once that week. You can however work your compound movements twice a week as you don't need as much rest/recovery for that type of exercise. I definitely would not incorporate both strength and isolation into one week, you will simply over train your muscles and not allow for proper recovery. Make sure your workouts do not exceed 60min and to get proper rest.

I suggested the chest press machine because IMO it is hard to isolate your pects using dumbbells. I prefer the type that angle inward as you extend, as it becomes easier to squeeze your pects at the top of the movement. If you are doing full ROM then your are not isolating your pects. When doing isolation you should find a weight that allows you to work just that muscle and to get a good squeeze.
    Either way. I'm too scared to do steroids . But the temptation is sooooo strong. But I'm scared shitless to fuk up and rip me for life.

Hopefully I can get somewhere after the 3 year mark

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Either way. I'm too scared to do steroids . But the temptation is sooooo strong. But I'm scared shitless to fuk up and rip me for life.

Hopefully I can get somewhere after the 3 year mark
    I agree with your general sentiment. However, fear is a shitty reason to not do something.

Spend the next few years working hard, eating right, and educating yourself on gear in all of it’s forms. When it’s actually time to take it to a new level, you’ll be properly armed with the information you require to do so safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    I agree with your general sentiment. However, fear is a shitty reason to not do something.

Spend the next few years working hard, eating right, and educating yourself on gear in all of it’s forms. When it’s actually time to take it to a new level, you’ll be properly armed with the information you require to do so safely.
    I agree

Thread Information