heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member

Anavar Cycle Question

Hey Peeps-

So I'm going to be running a Test Prop + Anavar cycle for 12 weeks coming up ( Have all the ancillaries, pct, liver support etc lined up). Question about Anavar, I'm going to be running it weeks 4-12 (9wks) and have enough to run 50mg-80 day. Originally planning 80mg a day but was wondering if maybe running it longer (10wks) at a lower dose like 60mg would be more beneficial...

Any thoughts? this is my second time with anavar, last cycle I ran it at 50mg and liked it.

10 weeks is pretty long to be running an oral. I normally run var at a higher dose, 100mg/ed, for 4 weeks. Any particular reason you're looking to run a 10 week cycle with Var?

Tzan is offline New Member
    I wouldn't run it past 8 weeks...in fact my magic number has always been 6 weeks. Test wks 1-12. Var wks 9-14

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    10 weeks is pretty long to be running an oral. I normally run var at a higher dose, 100mg/ed, for 4 weeks. Any particular reason you're looking to run a 10 week cycle with Var?
    So in my last cycle I had Anavar planned for about 4-5 weeks. Was given advice by a Vet that it was kinda short (now I was running 50mg @ day) and to run the var on a backload for at least 8wks(if not 10) w/liver support. Given that it was a mild oral that it shouldn't be a big deal. Ran it for 8 at 50 and didn't experience any bad sides.

In my last cycle I liked the strength gains with VAR and want to continue the same cycle setup or similar to help drive LBM (Prop + Var). Figured I got good results with that setup so why not just do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzan View Post
    I wouldn't run it past 8 weeks...in fact my magic number has always been 6 weeks. Test wks 1-12. Var wks 9-14
    Yeah im not sure if I would have seen any major difference with running 6-8wks or even up to 10 but figured I'd ask for advice.

Var is a "finished" steroid and not a primary mover. There's nothing stopping you from running it for as long as you want. The gains:health risk ratio seems to fall of after 4wks to 6wks of orals.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Maybe consider a higher dose and run it for weeks 1-4 and 9-12.

I too dont like running orals past 6 weeks because the benefit seems to fall off. I personally would split it but to each their own

Haz
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just wondering, we are all different, but why such a long time on a short ester cycle? Personally I am a slow metabolizer with test E and C. I felt both kicked in with minimal strength gains starting at 5.5-6 weeks and then the magic happened until it tapered off in week 11-12. There is an obvious point where you get saturated and don't get any more benefits.

Why not keep the short ester cycle shorter, like 8-10 weeks max? Why keep taking the stuff when you don't see any more gains. Better come off and recover and rest up for another cycle. There are 52 weeks in a year, better optimize your cycles so you don't spend time on gear without gaining more - more sides for no more gains.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Just wondering, we are all different, but why such a long time on a short ester cycle? Personally I am a slow metabolizer with test E and C. I felt both kicked in with minimal strength gains starting at 5.5-6 weeks and then the magic happened until it tapered off in week 11-12. There is an obvious point where you get saturated and don't get any more benefits.

Why not keep the short ester cycle shorter, like 8-10 weeks max? Why keep taking the stuff when you don't see any more gains. Better come off and recover and rest up for another cycle. There are 52 weeks in a year, better optimize your cycles so you don't spend time on gear without gaining more - more sides for no more gains.
    That actually a good question and wasn't looking at it that way. I've usually just stuck with longer esters and used to the 10-12 cycles. I used Prop my last cycle to kick start and cut PCT short by 2 wks, that was fantastic, especially starting PCT sooner.

Right now I have an extra bottle of Test E so I was just thinking of running the same cycle as last year ( Test Prop 1-4 & 11-12/ Test E 1-10) (anavar backloaded for 6-7 wks) vs just all Prop. No real reason why just wanted to reduce the pinning mid cycle and still end with prop. But I see what you are saying, I can probably shave off 2 wks and still make the same gains. Just used to longer = more haha!

Thread Information