Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Heading into first PCT - what to expect?

Jerry2020 is offline Junior Member

Heading into first PCT - what to expect?

Just finished the base of my first cycle of 500mg Test E per week. Overall a great success, I have made some good strength gains and improved my physique somewhat which was obviously the goal. Next to no negative side effects and all went well.

My last pin was 5 days ago. 2 weeks after the last pin I’ll be starting the usual Nolva/Clomid PCT.

My question is what can I expect during this PCT period? I’m assuming strength will decrease and intensity in the gym will suffer. I plan to change my routines to incorporate heavier lifts with less reps as I won’t be able to push as hard as glycogen stores suffer without the exogenous Test. Also I have heard changing up and having less carbs but more protein is a good thing when you’re not on cycle too.

Just some anecdotal stories and experiences from people would be appreciated about to expect with energy, libido, strength etc etc. I realise everyone is different but some genuine experiences and opinions are welcome

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Did you run an ai and hcg ?

Yes ran Adex throughout and HCG 500iu weekly from week 3 onwards

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just keep training and eating right and you should be fine.

Cheers, I don’t envision too many problems as I’ve stuck to everything and haven’t introduced anything else in apart from the Test.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on AI during PCT? I have read both sides of the argument.

Also what’s people’s opinions on Clen during PCT for its anti-catabolic effects? It’s something I have access to and tried it for 10 days a week or two and seemed to definitely lean me out and increase vascularity.

I don't run AI during PCT.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you'll want to be in a calorie surplus to help maintain strength and gains. however your diet will change, in that your protein requirement is now higher (you don't have the protein synthesis and nitrogen retention that you did on cycle which made better use of less protein), your fat intake needs to go up as well which will help put you in a surplus plus provide the needed raw material to produce endogenous hormones (including test), your carb intake can go down (as you'll no longer be able to partition nutrients as well and drive extra glycogen into muscle).

in a calorie surplus you should be able to train fairly heavy. instead of doing pump work and the 10-15 rep range, drop it down to 5-8 rep range with heavier loads. this will activate your CNS, activate additional myofibril muscle fibers, and give your body a reason and need to hold on to the newly acquired muscle gains.

Clen has been shown in rat studies to be anti catabolic and help hold onto muscle. its unknown rather this carries over to humans or not, but plenty of guys have ran Clen during PCT just in case.

As everyone knows, I'm not a big fan of AI's but for guys that do PCT and don't cruise I am a fan of running an AI at the tail end of your cycle and up until the day you start your PCT. having low estrogen will actually help kick start your natty test production. if your E levels are high, then your body will sense this and have no need to produce more test and thus more E
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 02-12-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Jerry2020 likes this.

Exactly what I thought would be the case from my previous readings over your posts GH regarding training volume and diet. Amazing how much you learn and then it’s greay to have it confirmed by people in the know

I’ll continue using Adex up til start of PCT to help keep E low for T to hopefully kick in.

I’ll use Clen sparingly too for a little bit to hopefully cut up a little but keep the muscle mass gained as much as possible

Thread Information