Sal121 is offline New Member

Please help! Bursitis during my first cycle!

Hi - Thanks in advance for taking your time in reading this.

I am on my first cycle (Test E 500mg) and currently at the start of my 4th week.

Unfortunately, during the middle of last Sunday night I woke up in horrible pain and as a result my left elbow has a case of a bursitis injury. The pain has 'spread' (wrong term) to the tricep area limiting my training. I have changed my training strategy to lift light with different angles in order not to put any pressure on my left tricep. I am seriously struggling!

Current Treatment / Mitigation

- Voltaren;
    - Acupuncture (2 sessions thus far)
    - Deep Heat cream before training; and
    - Good Sleep.

Side note: Diet is good and I have already put on 1-2 kilos since the inception of the cycle.

Decision Making Process, either:

1 - Take a week off to rest and recover the injury then proceed with light training;OR
    2 - Train with pain killers and go light; OR
    3 - Stop the gear and fully recover (Insert Tears)

The question becomes, if I choose number 2, will I be maximising results? Should I train high intensity light training?

The doctor has advised me to undertake an ultra sound, but I suspect this will not change anything.

Please help - appreciate the assistance.

Lordluke is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal121 View Post
    Hi - Thanks in advance for taking your time in reading this.

I am on my first cycle (Test E 500mg) and currently at the start of my 4th week.

Unfortunately, during the middle of last Sunday night I woke up in horrible pain and as a result my left elbow has a case of a bursitis injury. The pain has 'spread' (wrong term) to the tricep area limiting my training. I have changed my training strategy to lift light with different angles in order not to put any pressure on my left tricep. I am seriously struggling!

Current Treatment / Mitigation

- Voltaren;
    - Acupuncture (2 sessions thus far)
    - Deep Heat cream before training; and
    - Good Sleep.

Side note: Diet is good and I have already put on 1-2 kilos since the inception of the cycle.

Decision Making Process, either:

1 - Take a week off to rest and recover the injury then proceed with light training;OR
    2 - Train with pain killers and go light; OR
    3 - Stop the gear and fully recover (Insert Tears)

The question becomes, if I choose number 2, will I be maximising results? Should I train high intensity light training?

The doctor has advised me to undertake an ultra sound, but I suspect this will not change anything.

Please help - appreciate the assistance.
    I’m no expert but I would stop the cycle and rest and recover. I can relate to this somewhat as I just experienced something very similar.
    I suffered from tennis elbow on my left side around the 3rd week mark, this was due to overtraining as I hadn’t taken a week off in six months, I actually felt a little burnt out right at the point of starting my cycle but thought once I cycle I’ll be fine, I was wrong. So my tennis elbow developed and crippled my gains, I still made progress but not as much as I could of if I stopped and rested, and did a cycle later. I suffered through pain for the whole cycle and now I’m completely not training upper body for 3 weeks and my elbow is still sore. I’m not sure if your injury is as bad but if it is just finish up and rest man.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    I would work around it and rehab the elbow

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Save the gear. Get your body right first, then come back and train hard. I had to push back my cycle a month because of a serious sinus infection, sucked but after going through everything I wouldn't have changed a thing. I came back stronger and leaner because I focused on dialing in my diet and cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    Save the gear. Get your body right first, then come back and train hard. I had to push back my cycle a month because of a serious sinus infection, sucked but after going through everything I wouldn't have changed a thing. I came back stronger and leaner because I focused on dialing in my diet and cardio.
    I think you’re right! Do I need to take pct after 4 weeks of injecting? Or just get off and let my body naturalize itself? What if my arm is better in 1 week? Do I start again and potentially do a 10 week cycle instead of 12?

Can anyone else provide their opinion? I’m convinced to save the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordluke View Post
    I’m no expert but I would stop the cycle and rest and recover. I can relate to this somewhat as I just experienced something very similar.
    I suffered from tennis elbow on my left side around the 3rd week mark, this was due to overtraining as I hadn’t taken a week off in six months, I actually felt a little burnt out right at the point of starting my cycle but thought once I cycle I’ll be fine, I was wrong. So my tennis elbow developed and crippled my gains, I still made progress but not as much as I could of if I stopped and rested, and did a cycle later. I suffered through pain for the whole cycle and now I’m completely not training upper body for 3 weeks and my elbow is still sore. I’m not sure if your injury is as bad but if it is just finish up and rest man.
    Sounds like exactly what’s im going through! Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    PCT a must?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal121 View Post
    PCT a must?
    if you don't plan on going back on gear anytime soon, then no PCT is not a must.. if you want to recover fairly quick so that you can get back on the gear sooner, then PCT will def speed things up

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Have been in a similar situation myself. I stuck with Voltaren, DMSO/aloe gel, heat and ice, and focused on lower body work.
    I couldn't even pick.up a coffee or water at the worst point, so I opted for working legs and as much back work as was possible w/o further irritating my arm.
    Also, I started wearing 5mm elbow sleeves. They really help bold.the heat in, which us old farts appreciate.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bursitis is really very comfortable. I had it in my left elbow which limited my training. I got off of the gear, ran PCT, and got a script for a 10 day regiment of prednisone. That stuff is amazing. I would say that 80% of the pain and discomfort went way in 10 days. Then I went on a low dose, 14 week, Test (250mg/wk)/EQ(100mg/wk)/Deca (100mg/wk) cycle to help my joints. Felt a lot better after that cycle. I waited 6 months after PCT and did a full 12 week Test(500mg/wk) cycle. I started with low weights and worked my way up slowly. In the end, it was a successful cycle and I made good gains.

Thread Information