• 2 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By boxer08
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By marcus300

Thread: Enlarged heart

boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Enlarged heart

Seen the cardiologist last night and spoke about my results. He said that my heart a slightly enlarged on the high end of the average range but it looks supple, healthy and the blood is flowing as it should. It looks like it has enlarged in response to exercise so there is nothing to worry about.

The palpitations I have been having was not caught on the 48hr monitor so he recommend me to use a home device and contact him if I get any recorded he said they a likely just extra beats and if they are they are more of a nuisance rather than a worry. Bloods were all in range and bp is currently fine.

Question is would it be fine to cycle as I've been told I have a healthy heart ? I ain't used anything for over a year I am going to keep a close eye on bp in the future

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Can you provide the background? Why did you go to see a cardiologist? Did you have high BP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Can you provide the background? Why did you go to see a cardiologist? Did you have high BP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been getting palpitations since I was 18 years old so that's 11 years now. I had a echocardiogram, stress test done when I was 18 and everything was fine but have still been getting palpitations over the years so I wanted to be checked again. My bp has been high in the past but never long enough to need any medication

This is an interesting study on AAS use and Left Ventricle Hypertrophy (LVH). The bottom line is that AAS use MAY result in heart disease but the study has been limited. I guess there is a nono on human trials of destructive/terminal testing. My thinking is that I use AAS in a manner that is not abusing my body. Also, I don't want to live forever I just want to have a high quality of life while I'm alive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/
    cousinmuscles and likelifting like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    This is an interesting study on AAS use and Left Ventricle Hypertrophy (LVH). The bottom line is that AAS use MAY result in heart disease but the study has been limited. I guess there is a nono on human trials of destructive/terminal testing. My thinking is that I use AAS in a manner that is not abusing my body. Also, I don't want to live forever I just want to have a high quality of life while I'm alive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/
    I've never done heavy cycles or for long. I've only done 5 cycles in 7 years

From a practical perspective, I think the benefits of cycling AAS far exceed the potential for keeling over due to LVH heart disease.
    charger69 likes this.

From a practical perspective, I think the benefits of cycling AAS far exceed the potential for keeling over due to LVH heart disease.
    So basically carry on running cycles

I believe there is a lot of people with enlarged hearts that use and don't use aas they just won't know unless they have a scan

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I know a lot of guys that run a cycle and do zero cardio. I have been guilty of that as well, I used to hate cardio. Good that you are staying on top of your medical issues. I know that people, in general, do not do anything until there is a problem and it is too late. The health IQ in the US is horrible and I am sure it is worse in other countries. Preventive health care is the best was to go.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I know a lot of guys that run a cycle and do zero cardio. I have been guilty of that as well, I used to hate cardio. Good that you are staying on top of your medical issues. I know that people, in general, do not do anything until there is a problem and it is too late. The health IQ in the US is horrible and I am sure it is worse in other countries. Preventive health care is the best was to go.
    Im in the uk but I used private healthcare and to be fair everything was done in two weeks

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Its very common in athletes to find larger hearts than a regular inactive individuals.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I've got an enlarge heart, spleen, kidneys, bladder and prostate infact they told me I am enlarged all over except in the testicle area but he needs them anyway when you got over 260lbs knocking the thing in

On the serious note, it does bother me and I am under tests for the last 18 months regarding many issues what without doubt AAS & HGH have caused. Its a real worry and I have been looking into and speaking with some professionals to see if there is anything can be done on reversing the issues

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I've got an enlarge heart, spleen, kidneys, bladder and prostate infact they told me I am enlarged all over except in the testicle area but he needs them anyway when you got over 260lbs knocking the thing in

On the serious note, it does bother me and I am under tests for the last 18 months regarding many issues what without doubt AAS & HGH have caused. Its a real worry and I have been looking into and speaking with some professionals to see if there is anything can be done on reversing the issues
    What sort of problems do you have and how long have you been using. What did they say about your heart
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Macus, I used to keep horses and learned a few things. If needed, I can put you down my friend. LOL
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    What sort of problems do you have and how long have you been using. What did they say about your heart
    I've got an enlarged heart LV, its common in athletes but I am worried because they are

Macus, I used to keep horses and learned a few things. If needed, I can put you down my friend. LOL
    Thanks Scotch, what ever you do don't give me EQ anything else I'm wide open to but that shit leave it with the horses
    Last edited by marcus300; 02-23-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

[QUOTE=marcus300;7362782]I've got an enlarged heart and LV, its common in athletes but I am worried because they are

Don't sound like you do haha

Thread Information