Robk is offline New Member

Calves cramping and slightly swollen

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while.

I've been on TRT for under a year. My labs came back super low...my T was 237 last May. I felt horrible. I'm 41 in great shape (boxing and muay thai 4x a week plus some weights 2x a week) and think some massive legal problems for a few years killed my T. Anyway, to get my numbers up to near 800 ng/dl, my T doctor has me on .5ml 2x a week. I feel great now.

Around Thanksgiving of 2017 as my numbers were climbing, I had some odd cramping behind my knee and the very highest point of the calf. It really effects my squatting as the weight goes up. I decided to do my first cycle on top of my TRT. I added 1mil a week of Cyp to my regularly scheduled 1mil. Slowly over the last few months my right calf has some fluid retention and it "loads up" like it would if you did a bunch of calf raises. When I box or do muay thai, eventually I lose any explosiveness with this calf.

My left leg is starting cramp very high up on the calf too now. Especially when I get out of bed in the morning.

Is all this the side effects of my cycle or Test injections in general?

I've have acupuncture, cupping and heavy duty massages to try and cure this but nothing is working. My last injection for this cycle is tomorrow. I'm sort of looking forward to it coming to an end so I can see how my body responds to normal T levels versus my elevated levels this last 10 weeks.

Can anyone offer any advice regarding my calves? Is this common?

You are doing a straight Test only cycle? Test does retain some water in to body. It sounds like the water accumulation is occurring in your calf. I have not had such experience with a Test only cycle. I have had debilitating muscle pumps in my calves when I was on Anavar . Wait, now that I think about it I have had tightness in my upper calf in the morning. It loosens up over the day but in the morning, my first few steps were pretty painful. You may have an injury that you may not be aware of. Did you get yourself check out by a doc?

Thanks for the reply. No I haven't visited a Doc yet. Waiting for my levels to come back down to normal. Prob in 3 weeks I'll run some labs and see my doctor.

Yes, Test only BTW.

I'm wondering if all of your cardio intensive training is dehydrating you a bit?

Sure it does. But I drink about a gallon of water a day and I've been training for 2 years with no problems until around Nov 2017.

This problem has been slowly coming on as my T numbers have gone up. In November my Dr. finally had me on the proper dose of Test to stay in range (825), prior to that I never tested above 390. That month as my numbers were going up I started with mild cramping high up on the right calf. Then I went on this cycle in Jan 2018 and shit got crazy with the calf. I'm finishing my cycle next week and will only be on TRT (1ml a week) moving forward. I'm curious how my leg will feel in a few weeks as my numbers come down to normal.

Do you see yourself having to stretch more often as your Test numbers increase?

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It probably has nothing to do with the Test and more likely related to some kind of injury from the boxing and kickboxing....

Yes, more stretching. My numbers are coming down now being that I'm tapering my Test right now. Lets see how I am in a few weeks and I'll check back in.

Both calves cramp. I have strained my right calf before, but in a totally different location than were it's cramping. But I do have minor cramping in my left calf in the same spot...so something is going on.

I'll be in touch. Thanks for the replys guys.

Thread Information