Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: T3 Help

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member

Exclamation T3 Help

I'm currently taking T3 w/ Test while cutting and I'm trying to figure out what my new TDEE would be. I'd normally maintain at about 3500-3600 calories per day. How much would 100mcg increase my metabolism? Trying to get some information on the increase % it usually provides so I can fine tune my diet.

Thanks.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    100mcg is too much IMO it's not necessary. I'm running it now at 50mcg and was gonna bump it to 100mcg and several well versed people told me not to so I listened and truth be told I was just impatient cause the sh*t works unbelievably well if you're eating well and training hard. I would eat 500 cals below maintenance and with the T3 you'll lose body fat quickly.

*but to answer your question there is no formula for how much T3 will increase your caloric expenditure. It's completely unique to the individual. This is an interesting read check it out https://examine.com/supplements/t3/
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 02-23-2018 at 09:59 PM.

TDEE is based on your current size. If you're cutting just deficit your TDEE by 100cal/day or 200cal/day. Don't go hog wild and drop your TDEE by 30% or something drastic like that. Your body will bounce and you'll gain all your fat back as soon as you get off the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    TDEE is based on your current size. If you're cutting just deficit your TDEE by 100cal/day or 200cal/day. Don't go hog wild and drop your TDEE by 30% or something drastic like that. Your body will bounce and you'll gain all your fat back as soon as you get off the cut.

100cal/day is hardly a deficit. Are you suggesting this only when using T3 because the bump in metabolism?

I know how to reverse diet my way back up after a cut. I've had success keeping fat off with more aggressive diets in the past.

Let's say your TDEE is 3500cals. At 3500cal/day you gain no weight and you lose no weight. Now your on a Test/T3 cycle and probably training more intensely. Perhaps even doing some cardio 3-4 times per week. Right there you have a caloric deficit due to the additional activity, the exogenous Test, and T3. If you eat 3500cal/day you will lose fat. If you drop your caloric intake by say 10% (350cals) you speed up the weight loss process. Even 5% is ok. Because of the Test, you body is more efficient in protein synthesis so you will build muscle faster. A leaner body burns more calories.

There are a lot of things going on in your body due to the Test/T3 cycle. You don't want to lose weight too fast because it takes time for your body to come to homeostasis at a particular weight. If you lose 30lbs in one month and you are no longer on cycle, your body will have a difficult time maintaining the 30lb weight loss and it will bounce. Losing weight slowly is the best way to keep it off. Normally, 1lb/wk to 1.5lb/wk is considered average. When you cycle Test/T3, I would expect you to lose 2lb/wk to 3lbs/wk. You can lose more, I've lost 45lbs in 30 days before. It was a very unhealthy thing to do. I bounced right back in 4 weeks.
    Coffeehead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Let's say your TDEE is 3500cals. At 3500cal/day you gain no weight and you lose no weight. Now your on a Test/T3 cycle and probably training more intensely. Perhaps even doing some cardio 3-4 times per week. Right there you have a caloric deficit due to the additional activity, the exogenous Test, and T3. If you eat 3500cal/day you will lose fat. If you drop your caloric intake by say 10% (350cals) you speed up the weight loss process. Even 5% is ok. Because of the Test, you body is more efficient in protein synthesis so you will build muscle faster. A leaner body burns more calories.

There are a lot of things going on in your body due to the Test/T3 cycle. You don't want to lose weight too fast because it takes time for your body to come to homeostasis at a particular weight. If you lose 30lbs in one month and you are no longer on cycle, your body will have a difficult time maintaining the 30lb weight loss and it will bounce. Losing weight slowly is the best way to keep it off. Normally, 1lb/wk to 1.5lb/wk is considered average. When you cycle Test/T3, I would expect you to lose 2lb/wk to 3lbs/wk. You can lose more, I've lost 45lbs in 30 days before. It was a very unhealthy thing to do. I bounced right back in 4 weeks.
    Thanks for the information. I'm well-versed in nutrition (when it comes to being natty) but I know being enhanced changes a few things considerably. It's the variable of T3 that I wasn't sure of. I know my metabolism is definitely higher, so I was just curious to know how much higher. Sounds like its highly individual and there is no way to know for sure.

For reference, I only need to cut about 5 lbs in the next two weeks. I'm already pretty lean at about 11%, so I don't have an unhealthy amount to lose. So i'm just gonna run a quick RFL (PSMF) bout of about 10 days or so to tighten up for my vacation.

Losing 2.5lbs/wk shouldn't be too hard on a Test/T3 cycle. Do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 3 times a week. That'll help burn fat fast.

Thread Information