Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By paul_
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: How long to kick in

Luttrj is offline Associate Member

How long to kick in

I naturally have low T (132ng/dl) on my last blood work a year ago and that's whatb it generally runs without TRT. I was prescribed cyp a few years ago and responded great to it. Then due to good ol insurance, I had to switch to Androgel . I NEVER got above 300. At 300 I still felt like crap so I quit using the gel.
    Now I'm taking 500 mg of cyp a week (250mg E4D). I've been taking this along with 30mg ED of Dbol for 2 weeks. I feel some stronger in the gym but still tire easily and take awhile to recover. I'm not sore post workout like I would be if natty. I'm utilizing lower weight and higher reps and sets currently.
    My question is how long before I should begin feeling an effect from the cyp and dbol? Should I maybe up dbol dosage? If so, would you increase in 10mg increment? Also, I hadn't planned on remaining on dbol long. Plan was 5 weeks then introduce anavar and drop dbol.

I added another 10mg of dbol today. We'll see.

paul_ is offline New Member
    "I'm utilizing lower weight and higher reps and sets currently. "
    Define low weight and high reps.
    What are you eating ?
    From what I read around here you won't feel gains from cyp in 2 weeks.
    Since you plan using Dbol for another 3 weeks, I would keep the dose to 30mg. Because in this next 3 weeks the test should made it's presence felt.
    Also I doubt it's a good idea to switch from dbol to var. I would only do one of them. or maybe do 4 weeks of dbol, 4 weeks test alone, and throw the var in last 4 weeks ? I mean a pause for your liver could be good.
    Luttrj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_ View Post
    "I'm utilizing lower weight and higher reps and sets currently. "
    Define low weight and high reps.
    What are you eating ?
    From what I read around here you won't feel gains from cyp in 2 weeks.
    Since you plan using Dbol for another 3 weeks, I would keep the dose to 30mg. Because in this next 3 weeks the test should made it's presence felt.
    Also I doubt it's a good idea to switch from dbol to var. I would only do one of them. or maybe do 4 weeks of dbol, 4 weeks test alone, and throw the var in last 4 weeks ? I mean a pause for your liver could be good.
    Low weight (30-55lb bells) 30 reps & sets of 4.
    I like the idea of the pause between the dbol and var and Will implement that. Also clear on staying at 30mg of dbol.
    Thanks

paul_ is offline New Member
    I'm no guru in enhanced training sessions.
    But 30 reps is TOO much IMO and I invite any experienced users to jump in. I think it may be worth while running greater compounds.
    But for Dbol I would not go for more than 20 reps. Simply because this type of drug enhances Strength and not Endurance.
    I would stay in 8-12 range now pushing greater weights. Maybe increase reps a bit after dropping Dbol, and definately another increase in reps while throwing var in the mix.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    test cyp is going to take 4-5 weeks to really 'feel' kickin in, though its doing its thing right now.

do NOT just run Dbol for 4 weeks and switch to VAR. thats a total waste of Dbol and you'll piss away the gains you get from it a week after stopping taking it. Dbol is way better off ran for longer durations and then having the dose tapered down over time, that way your body is able to acclimate to the new weight and water gains you get from it.
    run it 50 mg for 5 weeks, then drop down to 30mg for a few weeks, then to 20mg for a couple more weeks then stop. you'll put on WAY more size and strength doing it this way.

nothing wrong with 30 rep sets , BUT just don't make that your whole workout . hit some heavier mechanical tension sets in the 6-12 rep range. then finish off your set with a high rep 'burn out'. get the best of both ranges
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 02-27-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Luttrj likes this.

Thread Information