Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By fit_deskjocky
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: First Cycle - Advice, Tips, Conerns appreciated

First Cycle - Advice, Tips, Conerns appreciated

Hello,

I have decided to do my first cycle. Any advice, tips, or concerns would be much appreciated. I have well thought out my first cycle and did lots of research / talking with friends who use.

Stats:

- Height: 5'10"
    - Weight: 210
    - Current Bodyfat: 12-14% (Lowest I have gotten to is 7% so I know how to diet)
    - Already have a great muscular base (alot of people think I am already running stuff)
    - I have already gotten all my required bloodwork pre-cycle (Total Test, Free Test, Estradiol, Lipids, Liver, LH, FSH, etc)

Lifting History:

- Training for 6 Years (Diet and programming has always been on point since I have started)
    - Max Bench: 365lb
    - Max Squat: 530lb
    - Max Deadlift: 605lb
    - Progress is becoming more minimal each year (LBM gains that is, strength just doesnt stop for me, more focus on size however)

Goal:

- I know steroids dont directly help with fat loss but plan on using my first cycle for a cut.
    - My goal for on cut would be to maintain lbm and HOPEFULLY gain alittle bit of LBM while losing bodyfat
    - Using HCG during cycle to help prevent shutdown and a smoother PCT to get natural Test back asap

Planned Cycle:

- Week 1-10: Test E 400-500mg (leaning more towards 400mg for first cycle)
    - Week 1-6: Tbol 50mg (Although this may not be recomendded, I decided to do a kick starter oral)
    - Week 2-12: HCG 500iu (250iu x2 a week, also doing the last two weeks as ester clears before PCT)
    - Week 1-12: Aromasin 12.5mg EOD

PCT:

- Week 13-17: Aromasin 12.5mg EOD (ED if needed monitoring estrogen sides)
    - Weeks 13-17: Clomid 50/50/25/25/12.5
    - Weeks 13-17: Nolvadex 40/20/20/20/10

Additional Supplementation for Liver Support:

- Tudca
    - NAC
    - Milk Thistle

Questions and Concerns:

- How likely is it for me to gain LBM while losing bodyfat? 300-500 calorie deficit (Expecting maybe a few lbs of actual muscle gain)
    - Many people think it would be a waste to cut on first cycle. I do have good size already but would like to be a bit bigger. Thoughts?
    - Thoughts on HCG during cycle?
    - Can I expect to get back to baseline testosterone once PCT is done? (My total is 956 ng/dL and free 21.8 pg/ mL). Just worried a few months after PCT my total and free may be like 60-80% pre-cycle.

Again, thank you for taking the time to look over this.

Welcome to the forum. For the first cycle, drop the Tbol and Aromasin from PCT. Have fun, get huge.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    are you stepping on stage soon or something ? IF your currently 12% body fat then your fairly ripped with abs already , whats the point in cutting, especially if your overall goal is to add more muscle mass.

your first cycle is going to give you the most gains. I'd make the most of it and NO WAY would I go into my first cycle running a 500+ calorie deficit.
    I'd be eating like a beast. heck even in a calorie surplus on your first cycle if your training hard you may end up losing body fat anyways. you don't need to purposely cut Imo on your first cycle when your lean as hell already
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Yes, I do plan on possibly competing so the cut is still a possibility. Overall I would say I have 80% of my mass that I want, just asking would it be possible to add a few LBM, I understand that is hard in a deficit. I guess I could rephrase it as a recomp but even then, that might not be optimal for only 10 weeks. I agree, I would like to do my first cycle for a bulk but just the timing and time of year makes me want to continue to cut. Thankyou, for your response.

Yes, you can 'possibly' add some lean tissue even while in a calorie deficit. The AAS is going to create the environment to be able to do that, partition nutrients better, cause more glycogen, water, and amino acids, to enter the muscle cells.. the calories you do take in, even if in a deficit, will be used more efficiently .

Okay, just was alittle confused if that may be possible with such a basic cycle. Thanks for the response GearHeaded.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicDrugResearch View Post
    Okay, just was alittle confused if that may be possible with such a basic cycle. Thanks for the response GearHeaded.
    keep this in mind, IF it is your very FIRST cycle , then it is never a 'basic cycle' , because its your bodies first ever experience at having supraphysiological levels of hormones. the very first time the body usually hyper responds. its actually the first cycle you have the most possibility for gains, even if the dosage and compounds themselves are simple

Good point, again I do agree that a calorie surplus would result in the most optimal results for a first cycle. Just wondering whats possible when cutting for a first cycle. I guess I could rephrase that I am trying to do is a recomp. Although this could be difficult. Thanks again man

Good point, again I do agree that a calorie surplus would result in the most optimal results for a first cycle. Just wondering whats possible when cutting for a first cycle. I guess I could rephrase that I am trying to do is a recomp. Although this could be difficult. Thanks again man
    I've got clients I'm coaching doing recomps right now.. theres a real technique and science to recomp successful, ie., put on muscle and lose fat at the same time. you really have to cycle between a surplus and a deficit and time your macros properly. way more to it then being in a deficit the whole time.. theres certain windows of opportunity that you take advantage of,, what I call the "anabolic opportunity" and "lipolytic opportunity" and these happen at various times, you just gotta know when and how to use them

Yea I have done a bit of research to do a proper recomp. Bit more of a challenge. Thanks for the input.

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member

- Week 1-10: Test E 400-500mg (leaning more towards 400mg for first cycle)
    Why not extend the Test-E cycle to 12 weeks? My reasoning is if the Test-E doesn't really kick in until week 5-6, you have 4-5 weeks of progress with full blood satuation. If you extended your cycle to atleast 12 weeks you have 6-7 weeks of progress for the same HPTA shutdown and same PCT
    GearHeaded and cousinmuscles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    Why not extend the Test-E cycle to 12 weeks? My reasoning is if the Test-E doesn't really kick in until week 5-6, you have 4-5 weeks of progress with full blood satuation. If you extended your cycle to atleast 12 weeks you have 6-7 weeks of progress for the same HPTA shutdown and same PCT
    or better yet, switch over to test prop and extend it to 12 weeks using prop. the Enathate ester will begin clearing your system while the prop is working, then when you come off cycle you'll be able to jump on PCT much sooner being prop is only in the system a couple days
    fit_deskjocky likes this.

Thread Information