Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By efiles123
  • 1 Post By toooosmall
  • 1 Post By hollywoodundead2016

Thread: AAS anxiety and panic attacks

efiles123 is offline Associate Member

AAS anxiety and panic attacks

I finished my first cycle 6 months ago that consisted of test c 500mg/12 wks and 30mg dbol for the first 4 wks. Five weeks after my last injection I started to develop an episode of panic attacks, which are still sporadically present to this day. My pct consisted of nolva 40/40/20/20 that started 2 wks after last injection. My panic attacks led me to believe that I was crashing form low test levels so I added liquid clomid in wk 4 of pct at 50mg. A few weeks later I had bloodwork done and tests revealed that my hormones were perfectly fine and my side effects were all caused from panic attack symptoms. I also recently completed a 24hr urinalysis which also came back fine. So I’m gonna ask for everyones thoughts and maybe personal experience, if you think this could have been directly related to juicing? Before my cycle I never had a panic attack in my life although I did show some physical signs of anxiety (fatigue, irritability, tight throat, shortness of breath).

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    If your bloods came back good I think your mind is getting the better of you. look at your caffeine intake and cut it out till they go away. try herbal tea's. I have to do herbal Tea's 365!!! I have to watch my caffeine big time. Also look at what Else is going on in your life..... stress will do it !!! I have a lot of experience in this field so trust me. don't blame the AAS. It makes you prone to all of that or should I say makes it a lot easier for you to get the panic attacks when your on them.

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    hmmmm this worries me. I just finished my first cycle (last injection was 2 weeks ago) and start pct in 2 days. but been experiencing "panic attacks n anxiety" so much that i just wanna drink, and I am "drunk" (as yuppies may describe it) (but I'm functional, etc.). I feel better with a buzz or a sedative. pm me please, if you'd like. i can relate to you. irregardless if others feel it may be unrelated symptoms.
    Transforme likes this.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    You may want to get more blood work done, you could have got it done to soon after being on clomid, which would make your test appear higher at the time, ive crashed just the same way after a few cycles. im not sure but i believe it was from low test levels, but also clomid contributed. run hcg through your next cycle, i found this helped alot for my cycle after, and i didnt use clomid, ran tamox/tore and did not have any of the same issues.

Get blood work done again is my suggestion.

did you ever have any of these panic attacks,anxiety before you done aas?

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toooosmall View Post
    hmmmm this worries me. I just finished my first cycle (last injection was 2 weeks ago) and start pct in 2 days. but been experiencing "panic attacks n anxiety" so much that i just wanna drink, and I am "drunk" (as yuppies may describe it) (but I'm functional, etc.). I feel better with a buzz or a sedative. pm me please, if you'd like. i can relate to you. irregardless if others feel it may be unrelated symptoms.
    alcohol in itself will cause panic attackes and anxiety.... poor health in general will also .. adding AAS is the worst thing you can do... im not here to flame anyone, was trying to help.... I would give you the same advise.. what eles is going on in your life to make you drink that much. there is the key, good luck there is a lot of help out there

Quote Originally Posted by hwy1378 View Post
    If your bloods came back good I think your mind is getting the better of you. look at your caffeine intake and cut it out till they go away. try herbal tea's. I have to do herbal Tea's 365!!! I have to watch my caffeine big time. Also look at what Else is going on in your life..... stress will do it !!! I have a lot of experience in this field so trust me. don't blame the AAS. It makes you prone to all of that or should I say makes it a lot easier for you to get the panic attacks when your on them.
    Yes I was stressed out and I think I may have blown a fuse or something. Its funny how it all came down during pct though. I think its all stress related, because by now I should have fully revocered from the cycle. I never did get panic attacks while I was on, they only set in when I was off.

Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    You may want to get more blood work done, you could have got it done to soon after being on clomid, which would make your test appear higher at the time, ive crashed just the same way after a few cycles. im not sure but i believe it was from low test levels, but also clomid contributed. run hcg through your next cycle, i found this helped alot for my cycle after, and i didnt use clomid, ran tamox/tore and did not have any of the same issues.

Get blood work done again is my suggestion.
    I have had blood work done in both instances while being on and off pct drugs. While I was on clomid and nolva my total test was 888 and free test was also high and now test is down to 375, although i think both tests were difference cuz the first test was labled "total test" and the 2nd was just plain "Testosterone ". ANd both these tests show different ranges for what is the "normal range".

none before using and none while using which is very strange

Quote Originally Posted by efiles123 View Post
    I have had blood work done in both instances while being on and off pct drugs. While I was on clomid and nolva my total test was 888 and free test was also high and now test is down to 375, although i think both tests were difference cuz the first test was labled "total test" and the 2nd was just plain "Testosterone". ANd both these tests show different ranges for what is the "normal range".
    Component Results
    Component Your Value Standard Range Units Flag
    Total Testosterone 888 250 - 1100 ng/dL
    Total Testosterone was measured by LCMSMS. The LCMSMS method
    correlates well with our extraction/RIA method.
    % Free Testosterone 2.17 1.5 - 2.2 %
    Free Testosterone 192.5 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL H

General Information
    Collected:
    11/12/2010 10:32 AM
    Resulted:
    11/17/2010 4:00 PM

Component Results
    Component Your Value Standard Range Units Flag
    Testosterone 375 160 - 728 ng/dL

General Information
    Collected:
    3/12/2011 9:23 AM
    Resulted:
    3/13/2011 4:37 AM

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by hwy1378 View Post
    alcohol in itself will cause panic attackes and anxiety.... poor health in general will also .. adding AAS is the worst thing you can do... im not here to flame anyone, was trying to help.... I would give you the same advise.. what eles is going on in your life to make you drink that much. there is the key, good luck there is a lot of help out there
    I appreciate that my man, but in my situation, the "panic attacks n anxiety" are what led me to wanna drink. It really has nothing to do with anything as far as drinking "over" something. no, its a particular feeling of depression, can't be reasoned with. One example is that a week after starting my test e n dbol cycle, i accrued intense depression after the first week. it slowly tapered, then after my last dbols, my depression lifted like a rainbow after a storm. and there are events in my life that make me depressed. marriage issues, low income problems, and such.
    Last edited by toooosmall; 04-29-2011 at 02:56 AM.

none before using and none while using which is very strange
    i know some aas will cause your anxiety to be worse,i know,ive only done 2 previous cycles of test cyp,my 1st at 500mg/week and my 2nd at 600mg/week and i really didnt have any more anxiety than i usually do,but i suffer from GAD,OCD,Panic Attacks and Severe Depression,but i take meds for them and they help,but dont cure it,and im planning a new cycle in a few months with 3 different compunds,test cyp/deca /dbol and i hope i can handle it ok,but my best remedy is the gym and being with friends,i just hope i dont panic out when i start my new cycle lol....good luck and i hope all goes well for you bro

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    i know some aas will cause your anxiety to be worse,i know,ive only done 2 previous cycles of test cyp,my 1st at 500mg/week and my 2nd at 600mg/week and i really didnt have any more anxiety than i usually do,but i suffer from GAD,OCD,Panic Attacks and Severe Depression,but i take meds for them and they help,but dont cure it,and im planning a new cycle in a few months with 3 different compunds,test cyp/deca/dbol and i hope i can handle it ok,but my best remedy is the gym and being with friends,i just hope i dont panic out when i start my new cycle lol....good luck and i hope all goes well for you bro
    Thanks. I've also been trying to stay clear of the stressors in my life and focus on the positive and fun stuff. If I come back to normal soon I may consider another cycle. Its weird how panic attacks and anxiety don't seem to go hand in hand with being nervous, its more stress related I think and the way my brain is wired. My therapist says that when you are stressed and your stress ends, your brain is still wired as it was in the sressful situation so it causes your body to release excess adrenaline when really its not neccessary.

Thanks. I've also been trying to stay clear of the stressors in my life and focus on the positive and fun stuff. If I come back to normal soon I may consider another cycle. Its weird how panic attacks and anxiety don't seem to go hand in hand with being nervous, its more stress related I think and the way my brain is wired. My therapist says that when you are stressed and your stress ends, your brain is still wired as it was in the sressful situation so it causes your body to release excess adrenaline when really its not neccessary.
    i agree totally my brother......check your PM man....thanks

Transforme is offline New Member

Anxiety, panic attacks

Hello ,new member here ,I have started my 2nd cycle 8 weeks ago and my last was test e at 500 mg each week,,now I admit ,I trusted a friend that was misinformed about pct,so long story short I had very intense panic attacks for 2 weeks straight,so fast forward a year and I did some of my own insight on the matter and this time got nolvadex and clomid,both liquid ahead of the aas,so again I'm running test e 500xweek with added deca 300 ,150mgx2 and now started hcg 250 iu 2x week,here's where I'm a Lil worried ,is it a real bad idea to run test for a few weeks then add deca for a short 8 weeks,hcg was started with nandrolone , be honest did screw i up ,my deca was lost in mail so had to wait ,now Ive only done one week so far of nor 19,plz any reliable help wld be appreciated

hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 03-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

hollywoodundead2016 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by hollywoodundead2016; 03-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Thread Information