Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Too-$mall
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Help me choose blood work?

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Help me choose blood work?

I'm trying to follow this as best as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you just need to get a basic CBC and liver kidney function test. make sure liver enzymes aren't super elevated, creatinine levels are in range, HDL/LDL are in range, as well as RBC, hemoglobin, and hematocrit.
    if those things are all in range then your good to go for your next cycle

if you got the extra $ you can always add in hormone testing, thyroid , total and free test, e2 , just to see where your at with your TRT protocol

I would add in TUDCA for liver support, maybe some alpha lipoic acid as well

also being your running GH releasing peptides it would be good for you to monitor your blood sugar. glucose meter can be picked up at Walmart for 10 bucks
    i think i'll fiddle with the selections to see what's most cost effective. right now this is the vanilla option that Discounted Labs provides. i think the only thing it's missing is creatine. anything on this list useless?

• CBC (includes immune cells, red blood cells and hematocrit)
    • CMP-14 (Includes kidney and liver function, glucose and electrolytes)
    • Lipid Panel (LDL, HDL, Triglycerides)
    • Testosterone free and total (LC/MS assay with no upper limit)
    • Estradiol, Sensitive (LC/MS assay)
    • DHEA-sulfate (Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate)
    • TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
    • Free T3 (Free Triiodothyronine )
    • PSA (Prostatic Specific Antigen)
    • LH (Luteinizing Hormone)
    • FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    The CMP will give you the creatinine value and the lipid panel is generally part of the CMP.

You may want to compare prices with privatemdlabs and make sure to look for a discount code online. There is usually one for 10-15% off the total price.

Just at a quick glance, I would add Vitamin D, 25 hydroxy, DHT, and IGF-1, but my labs are more post blast/TRT related. If you are pulling labs related to TRT there is a good list of suggested panels in the TRT forum.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-03-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    i added estrodiol sensitive and creatine kinase? so am i missing anything?

I've taken 2 small cycles and have been on TRT since last May. My next cycle is going to be the biggest i've ever taken. it's going to have Test, Deca , and D Bol

Nan Deca 500mg / week
    Test E / 800mg / week
    Dbol / 40mg / day

BPC 157
    GHRP 2
    CJC 1295 With DAC

Ancillarys

Adex, Prami, and HCG .

MISC. water, food! NAC 3200mg per day / Ubiquinol / Methyl B12 / tanning bed vitamin D3 / pretty much what i do anyways on a daily. oh yea. little halo oranges and fish oil!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    The CMP will give you the creatinine value and the lipid panel is generally part of the CMP.

You may want to compare prices with privatemdlabs and make sure to look for a discount code online. There is usually one for 10-15% off the total price.

Just at a quick glance, I would add Vitamin D, 25 hydroxy, DHT, and IGF-1, but my labs are more post blast/TRT related. If you are pulling labs related to TRT there is a good list of suggested panels in the TRT forum.
    what is what i'm doing called? that's probably a stupid question. Aren't I blasting and cruising. it's been a good long cruise. i don't stop taking test i just dial it down, then i increase it alone, or add a 19 nor. then i do that for a time.

it would be crazy expensive for me to add Vitamin D, 25 hydroxy, DHT, and IGF-1

i'm going to check out private MD.

Blog Entries
    found this one. looks like a real winner. has everything but hydroxy 5

Anabolic Steroid Panel

Description:
    Please Note: If this panel is ordered by a female, due to ordering restrictions on certain tests, the PSA test will not be included on the requisition and will not be performed.
    Our anabolic steroid test panel can be used as an initial screen to determine if anti-aging treatment with bioidentical hormone replacement is needed and to monitor safety during ongoing treatment.

The panel includes the following tests:

- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
    - Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential
    - Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR)
    - Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA),
    - Estradiol
    - Testosterone (Free) , Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
    - Lipid Panel
    - Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1)
    - Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, Serum

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Note: If total testosterone levels are greater than the cutoff for this test (>1500), results for free testosterone and/or percent free testosterone may not be provided. If total testosterone results are expected to be >1500 it is best that the LC/MS-MS version of this test be ordered.

Includes:
    - Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), serum
    : Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count
    - Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum
    - Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    - Estradiol
    - Testosterone (Free), Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
    - Lipid Panel
    : Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).
    - Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

If total testosterone levels are greater than the cutoff for this test (>1500), results for free testosterone and/or percent free testosterone may not be provided.

Blog Entries
    i think i'm going to choose this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    what is what i'm doing called? that's probably a stupid question. Aren't I blasting and cruising. it's been a good long cruise. i don't stop taking test i just dial it down, then i increase it alone, or add a 19 nor. then i do that for a time.

it would be crazy expensive for me to add Vitamin D, 25 hydroxy, DHT, and IGF-1

i'm going to check out private MD.
    found this one. looks like a real winner. has everything but hydroxy 5

Anabolic Steroid Panel

Description:
    Please Note: If this panel is ordered by a female, due to ordering restrictions on certain tests, the PSA test will not be included on the requisition and will not be performed.
    Our anabolic steroid test panel can be used as an initial screen to determine if anti-aging treatment with bioidentical hormone replacement is needed and to monitor safety during ongoing treatment.

The panel includes the following tests:

- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
    - Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR)
    - Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA),
    - Estradiol
    - Testosterone (Free) , Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
    - Lipid Panel
    - Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, Serum

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Note: If total testosterone levels are greater than the cutoff for this test (>1500), results for free testosterone and/or percent free testosterone may not be provided. If total testosterone results are expected to be >1500 it is best that the LC/MS-MS version of this test be ordered.

Includes:
    - Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), serum
    : Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count
    - Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum
    - Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    - Estradiol
    - Testosterone (Free), Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
    - Lipid Panel
    : Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).
    - Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

If total testosterone levels are greater than the cutoff for this test (>1500), results for free testosterone and/or percent free testosterone may not be provided.
    Yes sir, what you are doing is blasting and dropping back to TRT. I was just trying to steer you in a direction that I thought would be less expensive. If that is from privatemdlabs, you have the option of adding panels if you want, there is an "add a panel" option on the menu at the upper portion of the webpage.
    If you're pulling labs while blasting, you may want to go with a different panel though. As it says if total T is > 1500, it will probably cap the result @ 1500 and you may not get your free T values and since you are on TRT, you may want to go with less in depth (and less expensive) panels while blasting and save the in depth labs for 6-8 weeks post blast. That way you have a really good baseline of your blood work while on just TRT dosage. It all depends on your approach and how much $$ you want to spend.
    Don't forget to look for an online discount code!
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-03-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Well i got the private md labs steroid one. minus the vitamin d3 and hydroxy test. shoot. i missed that thing about LC/MS-MS. oh well. i needed this test a lot. not sure my test is going to be over 1500 with what I'm doing now. am i suffering anything by pinning test e every 4 - 5 days. i know it's half life is like 3.5 or something. is it bad to miss an injection for like 3 days? i pin like 120 almost twice a week. almost.

Well i got the private md labs steroid one. minus the vitamin d3 and hydroxy test. shoot. i missed that thing about LC/MS-MS. oh well. i needed this test a lot. not sure my test is going to be over 1500 with what I'm doing now. am i suffering anything by pinning test e every 4 - 5 days. i know it's half life is like 3.5 or something. is it bad to miss an injection for like 3 days? i pin like 120 almost twice a week. almost.
    The more consistent you stay with your injections, the more consistent your levels will be. A day or so off schedule won't wreck anything, but if you're 3 days off schedule you will probably feel/notice it.

Blog Entries
    thanks man! and i got the discount. woo hoo
    almostgone likes this.

Just for reference, on my last self ordered labs, .3cc of pharma cyp E3.5D put me @ 1124ng/dL for Total T (range is 264-916), Free T was 47.1 (range was 5-21 ng/dL), E2 was 23.2 (range of 8-35 pg/mL), and SHBG was 16 (range of 19.3 - 76.4 nmol/L).
    Actually had to lower my dosage prior to my Dr. appointment, however I am injecting anywhere from 1.8 to 2.6 iu of GH/ day. That put my IGF-1 @ 407 (range is 61-200ng/mL).

Blog Entries
    what were you taking to manipulate your e2 levels?

also do you do anything else to keep your other levels in check?

why is SHBG important? what if mine is out of wack? / range lower? and higher?

***********break

I think i need to keep a close eye on e2. I haven't really been taking anything to diminish it. except here and there.

there anything on that blood test besides e2 that will show something is wrong that happens to also be effected by e2?
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 03-03-2018 at 06:10 PM.

what were you taking to manipulate your e2 levels?

also do you do anything else to keep your other levels in check?

why is SHBG important? what if mine is out of wack? / range lower? and higher?

***********break

I think i need to keep a close eye on e2. I haven't really been taking anything to diminish it. except here and there.

there anything on that blood test besides e2 that will show something is wrong that happens to also be effected by e2?
    I take .25 mg of a'dex E5D. SHBG is important because if it is too high it can keep your free T levels low and free T is what is important. My SHBG has always run low range to below range. There are things that can be done in regards to elevated SHBG levels. I think Youthful55Guy has a pretty good thread in the TRT forum on lowering SHBG.
    Yes it is important to monitor E2. Don't take something here and there to address E2 issues. Treat it based on labwork and stay consistent with your dosing. Otherwise, you will drive yourself nuts trying to keep it in check, especially in regards to TRT.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-03-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    when you write E5D you mean every 5 days?

Just going to add that you may want to add a prl panel if you're testing while running the Deca and again you may want to run the more comprehensive labs once you are back on your TRT and everything has had sufficient time to normalize.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-03-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    ok, will do. i know Prolactin will be elevated. i'll be using prami. that mask it, or keep it under control?

when you write E5D you mean every 5 days?
    Yes sir, that is correct!

ok, will do. i know Prolactin will be elevated. i'll be using prami. that mask it, or keep it under control?
    Prami will lower PRL, not mask it. As long as I keep E2 at a reasonable level, I've never had to use a DA, but I do keep Cabergoline on hand in case it is needed.

Edit: My nandrolone dosage was in the 300-400 mg/ week range.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-03-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Blog Entries
    anyway to lower PRL? high levels of that stuff damaging?

There are several dopamine agonists such as Cabergoline/dostinex and Pramipexole that will lower PRL. Some guysys used Parlodel back in the day, but it can be fairly harsh
    I am not 100% sure of the range for PRL in males, I want to say it is < 20ng/dL?
    Personally if I manage my E2, I have never had any indication of elevated PRL.

High levels can cause some sexual dysfunction issues.

Thread Information