Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Newbie looking for strength

Wheeler34 is offline New Member

Newbie looking for strength

Hello,

I'm in the research phase after talking to a gym partner yesterday. He's telling me about suss 350 and I've been reading up on it ever since.

Background

39 years old finishing a 2 year recomp. 6', 220, around 22% at the moment. Training hard 5-6 days per week. I've got a decent frame of muscle right now and training for a Spartan race in June. I want to add some strength and make sure I finish this damn race.

Guy I'm lifting with yesterday starts telling me about suss 350 and is getting me some this week. I've been reading quite a bit and see that I need/should include some clomid and/or nolvadex and HCG afterwards (conflicting info about the clo and nolvdex during vs post is frustrating).

I'm wanting to add strength at the moment vs pure size. I'm not looking to try anything other than test at the moment and not sure that this won't be my first and last cycle (how many have said that before, lol). I don't have a problem growing muscle or fat, but the size and strength gains have really slowed lately, especially strength.

Still reading and learning but my question is, can I expect some nice strength gains as well as size? Very open to feedback and advice. Thanks

clarky. is offline MONITOR

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    of course jumping on a cycle of Test is going to give you some more strength and size.. also more power output and endurance (due to the increase in androgens as well as much more water and glycogen retention in muscle cells).

HCG on cycle , 250iu twice per week.

an AI may not be needed for most your cycle (or maybe it will, blood work will confirm) BUT should at least use an AI that last 2 weeks of cycle and the three weeks when your off cycle just before going into PCT.

fyi - if you plan to do a PCT and recovery is of utmost importance, then your better off going with a test e or test c then you are the sustanon (as the long esters in the sustanon are going to delay your ability to recover natty test levels)

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum.

In essence what matters the most here is your training. Are you doing very low reps, long rest between sets, training mostly with compound movements, doing the big lifts... Or higher reps, low rest between sets etc. The AAS enhance the response of your training. The basics like testosterone , nandrolone , trenbolone , anadrol , dianabol , winstrol et.c. are used by bodybuilders, powerlifters, weightlifters all alike.

Thanks, I read that this morning. Tons of good info here.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    of course jumping on a cycle of Test is going to give you some more strength and size.. also more power output and endurance (due to the increase in androgens as well as much more water and glycogen retention in muscle cells).

HCG on cycle , 250iu twice per week.

an AI may not be needed for most your cycle (or maybe it will, blood work will confirm) BUT should at least use an AI that last 2 weeks of cycle and the three weeks when your off cycle just before going into PCT.

fyi - if you plan to do a PCT and recovery is of utmost importance, then your better off going with a test e or test c then you are the sustanon (as the long esters in the sustanon are going to delay your ability to recover natty test levels)
    When you say that, I assume you mean recovering quickly, right?

Thanks for the advice. I've read a lot of your posts in threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

In essence what matters the most here is your training. Are you doing very low reps, long rest between sets, training mostly with compound movements, doing the big lifts... Or higher reps, low rest between sets etc. The AAS enhance the response of your training. The basics like testosterone, nandrolone, trenbolone, anadrol, dianabol, winstrol et.c. are used by bodybuilders, powerlifters, weightlifters all alike.
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Only started strength training recently. The last two years have been primarily hypertrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler34 View Post
    When you say that, I assume you mean recovering quickly, right?.
    I just simply mean the recovery of your natty test production , wither its quick or slow, no one knows.. so I just mean if recovering it optimally is of utmost importance to you . some guys could care less about recovery (like myself, and like many clients of mine who just blast and cruise) . you say you may only want to do one cycle, therefore recovery of HPTA is prob important .

the longer you have to wait to do your PCT , the more difficult recovery will be in general . taking sustanon is going to make your cycle longer then needs to be and make the down time from your cycle to when you begin PCT a lot longer .

to clarify more. the faster you can get exogenous Test out of your system and go right into PCT, the better your natty test production recovery will be.
    the long decanoate ester in sustanon is going to hang around for weeks and weeks. whereas a test prop only hangs around for days. with test prop you can stop your cycle and start PCT in a week.
    Wheeler34 likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler34 View Post
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Only started strength training recently. The last two years have been primarily hypertrophy.
    Train for a while and get some experience first with this type of training. Get a log book and document your training and try different training programs and find what works best for you. When gains come to a halt and you feel like you have exhausted even the most effective methods then consider a basic cycle like the one in the stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    to clarify more. the faster you can get exogenous Test out of your system and go right into PCT, the better your natty test production recovery will be.
    the long decanoate ester in sustanon is going to hang around for weeks and weeks. whereas a test prop only hangs around for days. with test prop you can stop your cycle and start PCT in a week.
    Ok got it. I'm going to ask about a test e or c. Seems like there's no reason not to maintain the most control possible over internal functions.

Thanks again man.

Thread Information