• 1 Post By Iron Frenchie

Thread: High prolactin off cycle?

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

High prolactin off cycle?

Cycle history:
    jan 2017: 13 weeks test e only
    sept 2017: 9 week test prop and tbol
    Everything done by the book on this forum, ai, hcg , pct, etc. i feel like ive learned ALOT and im pretty confident building my cycles. Almost 25 years old, 5.5 185lbs. Yes i know im super tall

Now that thats out of the way even tho most of you guys know me pretty well by now, i wanted to ask about some bloodwork i just did. Im in ny so i have to go to the doctor and pretend i have low t symptoms to get a hormone panel done. I baselined myself at 584 test back in dec of 2016 before i did any cycles. This bloodwork just came in at 520 which is lower than i was back then but i think its safe to say that i have recovered. I dont know the free test im still waiting for the results to upload.

Anyway the doc called me concerned that my prolactin is high. Weird because ive never done any tren or deca . He said out of a range of 4-15 im at 22 and he reccomended an MRI. Sheesh. He also said my LH was a little high but he didnt seem to care about that. The LH id assume is from clomid and nolva during pct, and some ralox After pct bc i was worried about a little gyno bump. But high prolactin? How could this be? I dont feel any prolactin sides and im off of everything except .5mg of fina daily for my hair (which totally worked by the way). Thats only Half of a tablet.

Im about to start an npp/tpp cycle. I have caber and prami on hand but should i be worried about my current prolactin levels?

Edit: i just read that heartburn meds can cause prolactin to go up. I take prescription strength renedetine daily, sometimes twice a day. 300mg tablets. I didnt even think to mention that
    Last edited by Octaneforce; 03-06-2018 at 03:30 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You don't remotely need an MRI with a prolactin of 22. It's not even high prolactin but rather a mild elevation I wouldn't even worry about, could be the meds, the PCT, or just transitory.

Not sure about the ranitide, it's much more obvious with GI prokinetics like domperidone.

Finasteride might affect androgens/estrogens balance and make you more sensitive to estrogen sides, but it's my personal take on the matter.

There are also recent studies pointing to central (brain) 5-AR expression having a strong regulatory action on brain dopaminergic system. Administration of fina (in rats) has been shown to decrease DA content in various areas of brain (link); profanely speaking, since prolactin is downregulated by central DA infusion via the pit stalk, inhibition of brain DA subsystem from fina might lead to an increase in Prolactin, but it's pure speculation to be taken with a grain of salt.

Duh, there also seems to be increased incidence of dementia from use of 5-AR inhibitors - link
    Octaneforce likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1mg is the usual dosage for hair loss btw, maybe you are overdoing it? No reason to overdose a drug without a real need for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    1mg is the usual dosage for hair loss btw, maybe you are overdoing it? No reason to overdose a drug without a real need for it.
    Im taking .5mg. Half of the 1mg tablet. If i took Five of the 1mg pills to make 5mg i could see that spiking prolactin, especially after what you said in the other post. Very informative as usual bizzarro! So i shouldnt stress this?
    Last edited by Octaneforce; 03-07-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Iron Frenchie is offline Junior Member
    I agree with the doc and you need a MRI. High prolactin is rare. Only a few reasons it can happen and the main one is a pituitary tumor. I'm not trying to scare you cause most likely it's the drugs. But it's better to be safe and check it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Frenchie View Post
    I agree with the doc and you need a MRI. High prolactin is rare. Only a few reasons it can happen and the main one is a pituitary tumor. I'm not trying to scare you cause most likely it's the drugs. But it's better to be safe and check it out.
    Uh oh lol. Does it matter if im on cycle or not for the mri? My insurance deductables are sky high. I wonder what this is gonna cost me. Was kind of hoping it was unnecessary but i understand what your sayin

Iron Frenchie is offline Junior Member
    Doesn’t matter if you on cycle. But maybe wait to get off the drugs and test it again. That may be a cheaper route. Its probably nothing.
    Octaneforce likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Frenchie View Post
    Doesn’t matter if you on cycle. But maybe wait to get off the drugs and test it again. That may be a cheaper route. Its probably nothing.
    Will do thats what i had in mind. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information